Need to lose about 2lbs by next Saturday

• Take a big shit
  • Jerk the weight off
  • Spit the weight out (suck on sour candy, and spit it out)
Don't do the masturbation method, did it my first time around. Went 5x within an hour, til nothing was coming out, and afterwards the scale said I lost 0.2lbs.

Its 2lbs, you can sweat that off in a sauna.

Just eat less like 700 calories a day. I also tried eating 300 calories a day and working out for 2 hours. I lost a kilo a day
Not sure if serious.

700 cals lol, even an atomweight woman eats more than that to lose weight, much less an adult male that's physically active

Last edited:
I feel like I am legit on that weight class. The limit was 194.5 in the gi. When I started dieting I was 198 or so with the gi on. And I didn't weight cut I never sweat anything out or dehydrated myself. I just ate really clean.

To answer both you guys I got wrecked in the first round. Was my first tourney and mentally I wasn't there. I wasn't assertive with my game. Instead of focusing on being aggressive I was just scared of losing.

Was glad to get the first tournament out of the way . Looking back on it, it's not such a big deal, just another roll. So hopefully my mind is clearer next time
No shame in losing. Shame on the people who could have competed and didn't.
Good attitude man. On to the next
Also maybe you start eating clean on a regular basis.

Yeah it's been a good perspective on my diet. I realize I have been over eating most of the time. Before I'd always get the side of fries instead of the side salad cause I thought I'd need it to get through the day. Now I realize I don't need as much.

I'm probably going to land somewhere between my clean diet and my previous

Nice. You're ahead of the curve by competing at white. I feel bad for the guys/gals who wait until blue/purple to compete, as the competition is more difficult. You'll be far more relaxed next tourney. If you haven't already done so, drop into other gyms for their open mat. You'll obviously be rolling with strangers and you'll have no idea how good they are until you roll. This simulates a tourney setting (to a certain extent) with the uncertainty of rolling with unknown skill level of opponents.

Yeah it's been a good perspective on my diet. I realize I have been over eating most of the time. Before I'd always get the side of fries instead of the side salad cause I thought I'd need it to get through the day. Now I realize I don't need as much.

I'm probably going to land somewhere between my clean diet and my previous
Just do whats natural and compete at super heavyweight. Everyone's a heavyweight, even females.

Isn't thays just dehydrating myself though?

Yeah I agree though I'm not starving myself. But instead of a side of fries I get the side salad etc. and inbetween meals I'm only snacking on dried fruit.

That was a typo. He did not mean "starving", he meant "shaving."

Next time shave your head and all your body hair. That should be about 2 lb if you are over 6 foot.

I feel like I am legit on that weight class. The limit was 194.5 in the gi. When I started dieting I was 198 or so with the gi on. And I didn't weight cut I never sweat anything out or dehydrated myself. I just ate really clean.

To answer both you guys I got wrecked in the first round. Was my first tourney and mentally I wasn't there. I wasn't assertive with my game. Instead of focusing on being aggressive I was just scared of losing.

Was glad to get the first tournament out of the way . Looking back on it, it's not such a big deal, just another roll. So hopefully my mind is clearer next time

Good job man. I was giving you shit a bit earlier for worrying about 2 lbs but I still remember how it was for my first tournament, before learning how to cut, etc.

Now that the first tournament is out of the way focus on your training and your gas. Weight is not going to be a big issue, especially at white belt. Start prepping a few weeks out now instead of the week before. Start visualizing, making a game plan, and mentally preparing yourself for the competition so that it is "just a roll" like you said.

2 lbs on the toilet that's nothing

Are you f'ing kidding me? One time I cut 4 pounds by running the halls of Nat Holman Gym 2 hours before competing. Now granted, that isn't ideal, as I cramped up like a motherfucker in my second match, but 2 lbs in a week? Come on man...

Good job man. I was giving you shit a bit earlier for worrying about 2 lbs but I still remember how it was for my first tournament, before learning how to cut, etc.

Now that the first tournament is out of the way focus on your training and your gas. Weight is not going to be a big issue, especially at white belt. Start prepping a few weeks out now instead of the week before. Start visualizing, making a game plan, and mentally preparing yourself for the competition so that it is "just a roll" like you said.

Hah I was going to joke and say I did indeed go up a division per your advice, got smashed and blame you for it. But there's enough troll threads on f12 already.

Yeah I didn't realize how easy it was to just sweat off a few pounds. I never weighed myself before and after a good sweat.

Necro'ing my own thread here. It's kind of interesting after the competition I totally stopped dieting, and went back to eating like normal. With out making any effort to lose weight I'm already down another division(just weighed myself at 181 this morning). It's like that week and a half of dieting changed my metabolism.
Pretty sweet deal!

Necro'ing my own thread here. It's kind of interesting after the competition I totally stopped dieting, and went back to eating like normal. With out making any effort to lose weight I'm already down another division(just weighed myself at 181 this morning). It's like that week and a half of dieting changed my metabolism.
Pretty sweet deal!

Nice work on shedding the pounds! However, one’s metabolism doesn’t just “change” after a short period of dieting. Your metabolism is based on your quantity of lean body mass. The more body mass you have, the more calories you burn. You’re probably reducing calorie consumption and don’t know it, and/or burning additional calories by training/exercising more.

2 lbs in a week is nothing. plenty of time

Nice work on shedding the pounds! However, one’s metabolism doesn’t just “change” after a short period of dieting. Your metabolism is based on your quantity of lean body mass. The more body mass you have, the more calories you burn. You’re probably reducing calorie consumption and don’t know it, and/or burning additional calories by training/exercising more.

Yeah it's possible I didn't scale all the way back to my old diet and don't realize. Maybe less snacking etc.

The number of people who reply to the thread without reading it is too damn high!

Back