2017 SF 49ers : New Regime

that called "pick play" was absolute horse shit. you don't throw it to the receiver making the "pick" lol if anything that should have been DPI

Arik Armstead broken hand. Never going to celebrate a injury, but hopefully this turns out as a blessing..

Arik Armstead broken hand. Never going to celebrate a injury, but hopefully this turns out as a blessing..
Have they kicked him over yet? Havent gotten to watch much lately.

Have they kicked him over yet? Havent gotten to watch much lately.
Strong side end instead of LEO. He still got most of the snaps inside on nickel. Time for Solomon Thomas to eat those snaps up

No more teasing 3 point losses. that was a shit show and a blow out. First FA acquisition should be a CB or two.

150512-jimmy-garoppolo-yh-1053a_bb03692b4d23046cbb3c6a40e0e6cca7.nbcnews-fp-1200-800.jpg

Kind of hate the trade. I mean, we already passed on Deshaun Watson this year, and this draft is supposed to be stacked qb wise, but instead were giving up a second round pick and prob a shit ton of money for a guy whos played like 3 games and is a free agent next year?

Kind of hate the trade. I mean, we already passed on Deshaun Watson this year, and this draft is supposed to be stacked qb wise, but instead were giving up a second round pick and prob a shit ton of money for a guy whos played like 3 games and is a free agent next year?
Jimmy G had a second round grade coming out. All the QBs are falling apart this year. I still like Rosen, but Darnold was the big gun and he may not even come out after a horrible year. Josh Allen is straight trash.

Rather get a stud with the pick, and we have another second

Everything else in football is basically a moot point if you don't have a QB. Swing for the fences until you land one and then build from there. I think the trade is pretty telling as far as what Shanny and Lynch think about the QB's coming out of this draft. Sounds like they think Garappolo is just as good or better than the first round QB's of next year so they're going to spend their second round pick on him instead of their top 2 pick.

Everything else in football is basically a moot point if you don't have a QB. Swing for the fences until you land one and then build from there. I think the trade is pretty telling as far as what Shanny and Lynch think about the QB's coming out of this draft. Sounds like they think Garappolo is just as good or better than the first round QB's of next year so they're going to spend their second round pick on him instead of their top 2 pick.
Exactly. Remember pre draft Shanny had Jimmy G as the second best QB in his draft so this isn't based on 2 starts.

People are also over blowing the whole Brady backup deal.

Outside of Cassel, who has played well for NE and then gone on to suck? Brissett didn't look good out there. He just didn't look terrible. Hoyer and Mallett never even played. That just leaves Cassel and soon to be Garappolo. Just because Cassel sucked (outside of one year with the Chiefs if I remember right) doesn't mean that Garappolo is going to suck and you can't say it's a system thing just based on Cassel's failures. It would be one thing if multiple QB's lit it up in New England and then went on to suck but at this point, only one guy has that moniker.

It's a lazy comparison. Cassell was an UDFA that couldn't make all the throws. Jimmy was a second round pick that Harbaugh, Shanny, and the pats loved, with arm talent

It's a lazy comparison. Cassell was an UDFA that couldn't make all the throws. Jimmy was a second round pick that Harbaugh, Shanny, and the pats loved, with arm talent
But isn't the Niners o-line about as good at keep pocket protection as a colander is at holding water?

Jimmy G-Spot is going to get shellshocked like David Carr.

But isn't the Niners o-line about as good at keep pocket protection as a colander is at holding water?

Jimmy G-Spot is going to get shellshocked like David Carr.
O yea it blows, and the LT right now is TBA - possibly a scrub on the streets. He won't start this week, if Brown-Staley come back it's not the worst in the world. Really bad at guard, especially LG but it's better then the second half of the Eagles game

O yea it blows, and the LT right now is TBA - possibly a scrub on the streets. He won't start this week, if Brown-Staley come back it's not the worst in the world. Really bad at guard, especially LG but it's better then the second half of the Eagles game
That RT gif where he like patty cakes the DE's shoulder and doesn't even try to get in front of them...

So what are the chances the niners draft a QB in the first round, knowing that Jimmy G is only a temporary solution?

That RT gif where he like patty cakes the DE's shoulder and doesn't even try to get in front of them...
The play was blown dead for a time out, the RT heard it and stopped. It's just a funny gif so I didn't ruin the joke in the NFL thread lol

(That RT is also a UDFA that is the 5th tackle, 3 just happened to get hurt at once) Trent Brown is pretty solid

Back