Fortnite (incl Battle Royale) thread ***UPDATE: Released on Android***

Fortnite Servers were down a few times this weekend with connection issues as well due to database errors. I played the "Save the World" PvE almost all weekend and had errors myself.

The shear volume of players that played PvP and PvE this weekend were insane. PvE had a new 25 quest line that took you through new AWESOME looking areas for some free phatty loot that is normally VERY hard to come by and PvP dropped leaderboards and cosmetics for characters.

At the rate in which Fortnite is growing PvP wise, it will for sure keep pulling in great numbers. Having their currency bounce between PvP and PvE, and making PvP players have to ether buy currency for cosmetics or actively play PvE is brilliant. It's injecting ALOT more life into the PvE portion of the game to get players to earn currency to spend in PvP.

PUBG is a phenomenon for sure that started this trend, but I do believe others like Fortnite will find their niche and perhaps come close to rivaling. The art style is beautiful, and I believe they will churn out content/updates/patches at a much faster rate than PUBG will and can.

Comparing the two though, there is definitely an audience and room for both. Some think Fortnite is better, some think PUBG is better, to each their own, but neither of those statements are fact. PUBG has the numbers right now, and I believe will maintain HUGE numbers for quite a while. As new games emerge that use this formula though, they will start giving players things that PUBG do not (ala building in Fortnite, which is awesome).

I am not a PvPer at all, and absolutely LOVE Fortnite PvP. I can jump in for 20-30 minutes and depending on how long I last, get multiple games in. Queues are quick, your jumping out of the bus minutes after dying, and your right back in the action. As a PvE'er, this is definitely a welcome addition to the game and gives me a break from the grind.

Anyone on xb1 up for some duo?

Only level 8 and play solo mostly but def ready for duo haha

Fortnite Servers were down a few times this weekend with connection issues as well due to database errors. I played the "Save the World" PvE almost all weekend and had errors myself.

The shear volume of players that played PvP and PvE this weekend were insane. PvE had a new 25 quest line that took you through new AWESOME looking areas for some free phatty loot that is normally VERY hard to come by and PvP dropped leaderboards and cosmetics for characters.

At the rate in which Fortnite is growing PvP wise, it will for sure keep pulling in great numbers. Having their currency bounce between PvP and PvE, and making PvP players have to ether buy currency for cosmetics or actively play PvE is brilliant. It's injecting ALOT more life into the PvE portion of the game to get players to earn currency to spend in PvP.

PUBG is a phenomenon for sure that started this trend, but I do believe others like Fortnite will find their niche and perhaps come close to rivaling. The art style is beautiful, and I believe they will churn out content/updates/patches at a much faster rate than PUBG will and can.

Comparing the two though, there is definitely an audience and room for both. Some think Fortnite is better, some think PUBG is better, to each their own, but neither of those statements are fact. PUBG has the numbers right now, and I believe will maintain HUGE numbers for quite a while. As new games emerge that use this formula though, they will start giving players things that PUBG do not (ala building in Fortnite, which is awesome).

I am not a PvPer at all, and absolutely LOVE Fortnite PvP. I can jump in for 20-30 minutes and depending on how long I last, get multiple games in. Queues are quick, your jumping out of the bus minutes after dying, and your right back in the action. As a PvE'er, this is definitely a welcome addition to the game and gives me a break from the grind.
Highest figures they've released is 525K peak concurrent players, three weeks ago, across all platforms and regional servers. So it's definitely going to enjoy in the success of capitalizing on the hottest new subgenre of gaming just as multiple games did with MOBAs when they became a thing following Dota.

Nevertheless, PUBG hit 2.4m concurrent this past weekend, and it hasn't even tapped the Xbox market yet. I have yet to find confirmation of any official port plans for the PS4, and I doubt Microsoft will allow it. There have been rumors of a mid-to-late 2018 release, but even that isn't confirmed.
PUBG PS4 release date could be DELAYED because of new Xbox One deal
PUBG Xbox release: Battlegrounds creator makes HUGE promise - but bad news for PS4 gamers

Last edited:
Tempted to buy the PVE for this, seems fun even though it's free next year.

Highest figures they've released in 525K peak concurrent players, three weeks ago, across all platforms and regional servers. So it's definitely going to enjoy in the success of capitalizing on the hottest new subgenre of gaming just as multiple games did with MOBAs when they became a thing following Dota.

Nevertheless, PUBG hit 2.4m concurrent this past weekend, and it hasn't even tapped the Xbox market yet (I have yet to find confirmation of any official port plans for the PS4, and I doubt Microsoft will allow it).

I don't understand why Microsoft wouldn't allow it though? You know it would be the most played game on ps4 as it will on 360.

Wouldn't money wise it be better to release on both?

With the success with fortnite, you think they'd want those people playing Pubg.

Or am I missing something?

I don't understand why Microsoft wouldn't allow it though? You know it would be the most played game on ps4 as it will on 360.

Wouldn't money wise it be better to release on both?

With the success with fortnite, you think they'd want those people playing Pubg.

Or am I missing something?
To sell more Xbox Ones. It's a game so popular that it will move platforms, not just copies.

Simple as that.

I REALLY enjoy the game. I play survival grind fest games though, so this is right up my alley. There are several different ways to play and enjoy this game, so I am sure you will find your nitch.

- Scrounge mats, build big bases or killer choke points in a tower defense
- Go FPS, scrounge enough mats to keep ammo stocked up and go guns/swords blazing
- Explore each map thoroughly, doing every side mission for max experience while foraging for materials for your teammates

- Base building is the Constructors fortay. Everyone can build, but some versions of the constructor can do it for cheaper, and then plop a BASE unit down to protect and strengthen your base.
- FPS is all soldier and ninja for the most part. Ninjas have ranged shurikens or melee abilities that decimate enemies, or go soldier with assault rifles and pack a serious punch with bullets and grenades. (Outlanders have ONE subclass that a good damage dealer, other than that see next bullet point)
- Exploring and foraging is an Outlanders bread and butter. Drop all your materials at the objective for the constructor to build, go forage back up to max materials and bring loot llamas back to the objective as well, all to assist the builder in building the base without stressing on materials. It may seem like your "not doing much", but believe me, Constructors love NOTHING more than being spoiled.

If you need anything in game (On PC), contact Sheeeeeeets. That goes for anyone in PvE that needs assistance :)

Last edited:
@SheetsMMAfan

Is that all for the beta or are you talking about the PC game?

Im new to Fortnite and am only playing Battle Royale.

Sucks i can only play solo and nobody on my friendslist is on at the same time as me for duo.

@SheetsMMAfan

Sucks i can only play solo and nobody on my friendslist is on at the same time as me for duo.

Yessir, all PvE stuff. I dabbled in the Battle Royal scene for like 2 hours and it felt great, just too many things to grind out in PvE to free up time for me to play PvP.

Once I am settled in PvE, I will start playing PvP primarily, as it will be a nice change of pace.

I played a solo game yesterday, have no idea what i'm doing , managed to get a kill though.

I played a solo game yesterday, have no idea what i'm doing , managed to get a kill though.

Ive managed to be top 6 last night,was shooting the guy up who killed me but he was loaded with the damn protection potion or whatever its called.lol

Ive managed to be top 6 last night,was shooting the guy up who killed me but he was loaded with the damn protection potion or whatever its called.lol
It's a shield potion lol

@SheetsMMAfan

The PVE paid story mode is still in beta, but already deep as fuck. This is one of those games that you can immediately tell was designed for expansion stacked on expansion. Because of its "future times, anything goes" colorfulness it can consistently add any variation of zany gizmos, novelty weapons/playable characters. The more I play PVE, the more I appreciate the flexibility of its loot system. Microtransactions actually suit this system perfectly, and in a way that doesn't punish players who instead grinded legit for their drops. A legendary weapon or character can absolutely get edged out in the same stats as a suped-up "rare" item that has been upgraded a lot. Curating a massive loot collection, upgrading your favorite schematics and trap systems, designing your play style and perks alongside other players doing something totally different make the game's PVE coop a must-buy IMO

Just buy the cheapest story mode unlock you can find, you'll be drowning in glorious loot soon after anyway

That's hardly fair. PUBG is a rip off of King of the Kill which a rip off of the Arma mod. It's not like PUBG was an original idea, it's just been the best executed version of the idea so far.

ITT no one gives a flying mention of the Japanese original Battle Royale film and it makes me a teeny bit sad

Arma didn't invent 'makeshift weapon salvaging in a steadily shrinking map'

Do it sooner rather than later because you'll want the Halloween bonus content to boost you right now -completing those side missions alone earns players legendary loot packs, never mind all the xp and main mission drops. There are a ton of really good reasons to level up your loot and characters before PVE drops free. If you buy no other game this month, make it Fortnite PVE because its loot system, base system, squad system and other gameplay dynamics are deeper than deep

how is the console aiming on this game?

With the highest console sensitivity enabled it still feels 10 times slower than many modern shooters, but I suspect that was to balance PVP and PVE to force players to team up to fight, rather than destroy everything in rinse/repeat swivel clicks by yourself

ITT no one gives a flying mention of the Japanese original Battle Royale film and it makes me a teeny bit sad

Quentin Tarantino rates it as his favourite film ever made. The man knows his stuff.

Holy shit was the second one a stinker though.

Quentin Tarantino rates it as his favourite film ever made. The man knows his stuff.

Yea but Tarentino also studied every genre in the book, poured over hundreds of hours of film and then made roughly 398 grindhouse B movies in a row

no way. you just don't know cinema mastery when you see it.

i don't really understand the hype for this game, but maybe i'll check it out sometime.

no way. you just don't know cinema mastery when you see it.

i don't really understand the hype for this game, but maybe i'll check it out sometime.

Watch any PVE mission vid on youtube and you'll get why scrounging mechanical parts out of fire hydrants currently makes my dick hard

The one reason I'm starting to like Fortnite over PUBG is that when I play Fortnite, even when I lose, I feel like I'm getting better. I'm learning how to use the guns, I'm learning to use the crafting system better, I'm getting better at finding chests, etc.

PUBG I feel like I never get better at the game's mechanics, because I could play for a 2-3 hour session and only actually get into 4-6 firefights where I can get a handle on the shooting mechanics.

Back