NHL Offseason Discussion: Live From the KHL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tampa was always good, just never healthy.

Carey Price fucking sucks now looool. I thought that contract would suck in 2 years, not right fucking now hahaha.

Calgary wins 2-1 over Pittsburgh. Mike Smith with 43 saves.

Again. That dodgy ass shite with the Leafs. Already caused us 2 tonight; putting the puck in the middle of the rink, trying to clear it that way from our owns zone or passing it cheekily in the middle.

When in doubt; put it fucking out!!

What a dish....

Leafs are going to lose. <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

7048936.jpg

lol, I hated the very idea of a raise for Price before he signed that contract. I hate his contract extension and it hasn't even started yet. Price has very little chance of living up to it. There's a not insignificant chance that it becomes the running joke around the league. It made me want to punch myself in the face reading people saying shit like ''you HAVE to sign Price to that deal.'' No you fucking don't!

lol, I hated the very idea of a raise for Price before he signed that contract. I hate his contract extension and it hasn't even started yet. Price has very little chance of living up to it. There's a not insignificant chance that it becomes the running joke around the league. It made me want to punch myself in the face reading people saying shit like ''you HAVE to sign Price to that deal.'' No you fucking don't!

I know hindsight is 20/20, but the Habs should have played hardball. Say 9 over 8, dare him to shop around. If some team wants to give him 10, well, start the rebuild. Carey Price had been a band-aid that kept the team from being bad enough to really trigger change. Now it's just a mess with no direction. They gave Price a blank cheque but played hardball with Markov and Radulov? The writing may have already been on the wall, but the attitude of "We don't really need you, we have Price" was palpable. I like the Habs, but it's nice seeing such hubris yield such sorrow.

I know hindsight is 20/20, but the Habs should have played hardball. Say 9 over 8, dare him to shop around. If some team wants to give him 10, well, start the rebuild. Carey Price had been a band-aid that kept the team from being bad enough to really trigger change. Now it's just a mess with no direction. They gave Price a blank cheque but played hardball with Markov and Radulov? The writing may have already been on the wall, but the attitude of "We don't really need you, we have Price" was palpable. I like the Habs, but it's nice seeing such hubris yield such sorrow.

My idea in the off-season was to cash in his value and roll the dice with another starter. For example, Darling or Bishop were available in the off-season for pennies. Let's say we could have traded Price for the 3rd overall last year: is there anyone who wouldn't just rather have Bishop + Heiskanen/Pettersson vs Price right now?

BDan sighting! HORY SHET!

Yeah I still lurk around here occasionally. S&P used to be my hangout but it's pretty dead these days, Thought I'd drop in here and see how hard people were shitting on the Habs.

Yeah I still lurk around here occasionally. S&P used to be my hangout but it's pretty dead these days, Thought I'd drop in here and see how hard people were shitting on the Habs.

It's pretty dead in here as well. Small group of regulars but mostly just leafs fans sucking each other off any time Matthews takes a shit.

Watching my first live (on TV) Habs game this year... Jesus they look bad. Guys falling over when skating backwards, it's like beer league.

Watching my first live (on TV) Habs game this year... Jesus they look bad. Guys falling over when skating backwards, it's like beer league.
Playing a poker tourney at my buddy's, he's a Habs fan so we had the game on before the fights, all anyone talked about was what a mess they were. Least they're playing a little closer to .500, but that's almost unfortunate.

Ooof, just shoot this fucking west coast roadtrip into the sun.

I ain't about to complain about the habs getting the benefit of a ref screw job for once. Not referring to the Pacioretty non-call, more the 2nd Shaw goal and the extremely weak calls earlier in the game.

Duchene finally finds a home. Avs look like the early winner, but we'll see how Duchene and Turris adjust.

Last edited:
Poile does it again. Arvidsson, Johansen, Forsberg, Subban, Ekholm and Turris are all locked down until 2022 at least. Ellis and Josi are due for raises in 2 and 3 years respectively. And he still has ammunition like Tolvanen, Fabbro and his 1st to work with. With that much time to work and that much ammunition he's really playing with house money at this point.

Poile does it again. Arvidsson, Johansen, Forsberg, Subban, Ekholm and Turris are all locked down until 2022 at least. Ellis and Josi are due for raises in 2 and 3 years respectively. And he still has ammunition like Tolvanen, Fabbro and his 1st to work with. With that much time to work and that much ammunition he's really playing with house money at this point.

If they stay healthy though should make some noise again. All down to Pekka playing out of his mind again, well, at least consistently above average. He looks really good this year so far, but it's a long season.

Can't get over how good the Blues look so far. Only got to watch one live game (vs leafs) but it appears that Alex Pietrangelo is really becoming a legit Norris candidate now that fatboy Hitchcock is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back