ad virus

freaky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Was just browsing Sherdog on my phone and all of a sudden an ad popped up a new window and it's a virus ad. I didn't click on anything, was just reading and noticed a new ad window popped up. Tried closing it ASAP. Noticed it was one of those "you have a virus" ad. Can't click back, luckily I was able to close the window.

I remember a few months back, I couldn't even close the ad window. Can you guys test your ads before accepting them? Why does Sherdog have so many virus/trojan ad pop ups?

Anybody else get some Tinder ad with nudes?

Got this sent over to get looked at and fixed.

Thanks for the heads up and I will update this thread as I get more information regarding it, also please post any new information if you have any further issues

Yes full on nude pic promoting a tinder style site.

I just now tried to use the heavyweights forum and found it impossible. Tried five times to read a thread and five times was rederected to a page that tells me I have "five virus".

Edit: only happens on mobile.

Last edited:

I just now tried to use the heavyweights forum and found it impossible. Tried five times to read a thread and five times was rederected to a page that tells me I have "five virus".
For me having a plat account now, I was,lucky to miss a lot of this ad infestation, but when I have to log in I run into those full screen ads.

At this rate posting nudes should no longer be a bannable offense.

Yeah, it happened to me when I was at a coffee shop just as the server was bringing me my sandwich!

I was visiting my mother the other day and vegging out on the lazy boy and it popped up right as she was bringing me a cup of tea. I had to quickly flip my phone over so she wouldn't see and think I was perving out in the family room.

Not saying I'm not a perv but come on sherdog I can't get caught for some stuff like that when I'm not ready.

Yeah, it happened to me when I was at a coffee shop just as the server was bringing me my sandwich!
<{Heymansnicker}>

For me having a plat account now, I was,lucky to miss a lot of this ad infestation, but when I have to log in I run into those full screen ads.

At this rate posting nudes should no longer be a bannable offense.
You are still seeing ads when logged in?

Edit: only happens on mobile.
For mobile use Firefox Focus or Brave browser app, which have built in blockers.

I believe we have fixed the situation, please let me know if anyone is still experiencing the same issues and please try and get a screenshot if possible

Only before I log in on my phone. I enter my name, then the ad pops up before I get to the password. No problems at all once logged in, though.

Only before I log in on my phone. I enter my name, then the ad pops up before I get to the password. No problems at all once logged in, though.

Can you try again for me?

Should be fixed meow

Can you try again for me?

Should be fixed meow
Yes but only cause yer fabulous.
Brb

Ok, I'm back.
No more nudes. A Splenda ad comes up, but it didn't interfere with me logging in like before. Tried a couple times to be sure.

Yes but only cause yer fabulous.
Brb

Ok, I'm back.
No more nudes. A Splenda ad comes up, but it didn't interfere with me logging in like before. Tried a couple times to be sure.

Now your just making me blush

Now your just making me blush

I'm still getting the virus adds quite regularly whenever I use the site from my phone. Its very frequent and makes the site almost unusable from my cell.

Dude. I get constant redirects as well. Same deal. The fake virus ad. Sometimes I'll get some nudes. It's nuts.

Seems to be mobile-based for me. Happens via Sherdog app or Firefox mobile. From my PC, no issues.

But it pretty much makes Sherdog unusable for me on the go.

I'm getting the same ad virus as above posters. Happens on login screen and while lurking forums. Happens while using Chrome. I deleted the app as the hijacking rendered it unusable.

Back