Was Your Thread Deleted, Moved or Merged? Ask about it here - Vol 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There definitely wasn't any constructive discussions going on in that thread. It was easy bait for bashing and it turned out to be a shit-show of flaming, bashing and trolling. The people responsible are being watched, don't worry, but the effort to go through and delete 90% of the posts for a locked thread is pointless.
Nah I meant lock the thread with the comments and just let it sink to the bottom of the page.
It was a thread to draw in like minded people to actually give a fighter props instead of shitting all over them. Have you been to the forum recently? There's a bunch of threads bashing Joanna and Rose that are still active.

If you're going to delete threads that draw in trolls at least stay consistent and delete the ones with troll bait titles.

Because of the traffic in that section, along with us having multiple sub forums and our limited staffing, if it's not reported it likely won't be seen by a Moderator. Just report these threads or posts and someone will look into it.

@Lethal : What is the policy on posting fighter highlights these days.

Honest question, sometimes guys used to post their self made vids
on here, but I don't ever see that again.
Should be fine, as long as it doesn't turn into advertising or done excessively.

I have posted a discussion regarding GSP vs Fedor GOAT status, twice now and one of your mods has taken offence to it and removed it, now warning me that re-posting it will get me dubs.

It literally contained dot points regarding both's career as well as a little math for win% and opponent win%

Unless the entire reason of deletion was because of a "HOWBOW DAH" at the end which was just for humour (its a meme, catch me outside girl).

Last edited:
I'll post the entire thing here, please clarify which part is "Trolling" so i can have an understanding of it. Unless of course, facts are now counted as trolling.

Lets ignore that Fedor fought competition that weren't good enough for the UFC to sign.
Lets ignore that also has a snowball effect as Fedor's competition also had easier competition.
Lets ignore that Fedor fought people below his weightclass many times because of openweight rules.
Lets ignore that Fedor started losing when he was 35
Lets ignore that Fedor has faced 6 fighters with a negative or winless record.
Lets ignore that Fedor has faced 5 fighters who have competed at lower weight classes.
Lets ignore that GSP avenged every one of his losses
Lets ignore that GSP holds the record for most consecutive rounds won as a champion for any organization
Lets ignore that GSP just moved up in weight and won the Middleweight Championship after 4 years off at the age of 36
Lets ignore that Bisping had just beaten Anderson, Rockold and Hendo (That 185er who KO'd HW Fedor a few years back)

Lets just ignore all of that, because reasons.
GSP: 26-2 = 92.85% Winrate
Opponents: 561 - 227 = 71.2% Winrate

Fedor: 36-5 = 87.8% Winrate
Opponents: 728 - 412 = 63.85% Winrate

HOWBOW DAH

Last edited:
I have posted a discussion regarding GSP vs Fedor GOAT status, twice now and one of your Fedor loving mods keeps taking offence to it.

It has literally contained dot points regarding the two's careers as well as math based on win% and opponent win%

Is it being deleted because i said "HOWBOW DAH"? Because its the only thing that could be considered "Trolling", and its just a peice of humour because i find my points undeniable.

Are we not aloud to discuss mods favourite fighters if they don't agree with the opinion?

There was no foul language, There was no fighter bashing unless you count facts as fighter bashing.
I have relocated your thread here.

To get the most out of Support going forward, please in the future follow the rules of the forum by making yourself aware of the vehicles already in place to facilitate precisely the Q&A you wish for here.

– Thanks

I have relocated your thread here.

To get the most out of Support going forward, please in the future follow the rules of the forum by making yourself aware of the vehicles already in place to facilitate precisely the Q&A you wish for here.

– Thanks

Thats fair, i saw support and blindly thought it was for all support issues.

Do you have input on my thread and what part of it is considered "Trolling"? I'd like to post it without having it removed, so i'll adjust it accordingly.

Because to me it really feels like one of your mods can't handle facts that make their favourite fighter appear not as great as they'd like, and is trying to censor the thread.

Last edited:
I'll post the entire thing here, please clarify which part is "Trolling" so i can have an understanding of it. Unless of course, facts are now counted as trolling.
My interpretation on why it was deleted amounts to the off-topic trajectory of the thread as well as negatively spoon-feeding OP for why the Community should collectively discredit Fjodor's MMA career.

Because you are also entertaining comparison of one mixed martial artist to another in a largely fantasy context, the correct sub for thread creation should be Wasteland.

I hope this helps on how best and where to thread productive content moving forward.

Enjoy the site.

My interpretation on why it was deleted amounts to the off-topic trajectory of the thread as well as negatively spoon-feeding OP for why the Community should collectively discredit Fjodor's MMA career.

Because you are also entertaining comparison of one mixed martial artist to another in a largely fantasy context, the correct sub for thread creation should be Wasteland.

I hope this helps on how best and where to thread productive content moving forward.

Enjoy the site.

What about this then?
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/all-time-and-skillwise-fedor-gsp.3651329/

I fail to see the differences.

I never discredited Fedor, i said many times inside the thread that he was a great fighter. I was arguing GOAT status and only GOAT status.

What do i need to edit for the post to be allowed like the above one i linked? I was threatened with dubs. It really feels like one of your mods was just abusing their power because they didn't personally like what i had to say.

I'm going to post it and reword some things so it doesn't seem like I'm forcing my opinion down peoples throats, i expect this one will be allowed. If not, there is definitely some form abuse of power going on.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/why-gsp-fedor-in-goat-discussions.3652605/
990e2bb92fef03ca11aaeda75bdc1528.png

I was locked out of my own thread "evidence for theory of evolution". I think this decision is absolutely ridiculous. I've shown a willingness to discuss the topic with anywho wish to talk about it. The mod who locked me from the thread was posting nonsense a few pages prior. Calling my questions a trap insinuating I'm a troll etc.

Is this how the waroom is moderated now?

My thread titled "Bharat Khandare - first Indian in UFC" was deleted - why? It was unanimously enjoyed by all posters and had no flame wars or any kind of conflict.

My thread titled "Bharat Khandare - first Indian in UFC" was deleted - why? It was unanimously enjoyed by all posters and had no flame wars or any kind of conflict.

Reason given was as follows:

Entire thread revolves around making fun of a Canadian fighter's Indian heritage

Reason given was as follows: Entire thread revolves around making fun of a Canadian fighter's Indian heritage
Huh? My thread was about Bharat Khandare who is certainly not Canadian. Other posters have mentioned Arjan Bhullar who is indeed Canadian of Indian heritage but you could just delete those posts.

Besides, nobody was making fun of anybody, aside from a few innocent puns. Surprised to see SD turn so PC all of a sudden. Could have moved it to the War Room if puns are suddenly off-limits in the main forum. :p

Last edited:
Huh? My thread was about Bharat Khandare who is certainly not Canadian. Other posters have mentioned Arjan Bhullar who is indeed Canadian of Indian heritage but you could just delete those posts.

Besides, nobody was making fun of anybody, aside from a few innocent puns. Surprised to see SD turn so PC all of a sudden.

Well I guess he was referring to both Khandare and Bhullar, but the idea was that the entire thread consisted of mocking them for being Indian (random Indian stereotypes and memes/gifs), which was initiated by the puns in your OP, and the thread/posts were getting reported for racism.

Well I guess he was referring to both Khandare and Bhullar, but the idea was that the entire thread consisted of mocking them for being Indian (random Indian stereotypes and memes/gifs), which was initiated by the puns in your OP, and the thread/posts were getting reported for racism.
<escalate99>
Must have missed that since I'm in Europe and shit hit the fan in US hours. Can't even make a pun these days without ppl going full racist or full SJW I guess.

a thread was dumped today, and so far as i can tell, no rules were even flirted with, let alone broken

i think the universal expectation here is that when we write posts, that our thoughts will be publicly available to be read, reacted to, scrutinized, etc

if this weren't the case, we'd all just be writing in our personal diaries

i'd argue that the primary motivation for posting here, or anywhere, is the chance for people to try out their ideas, then succeed or fail by their merits

if that draw is taken away for no good reason, and could potentially be taken away at any moment for no good reason, what are any of us even doing here?

here is the thread:

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/c...ing-to-more-to-the-back-of-a-concert.3646813/

quite a few people made thoughtful and serious posts, with the entirely reasonable expectation that their words would be featured in the section for which they were intended

i think all of the following deserve an explanation, because i cannot see any legitimate reason for censoring this thread

i personally have a lot more i'd like to say in that thread, but there's no way i'm gonna put the time in to have it be read by four people

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back