Wolfenstein II: The New Colosus

I love the Wolfenstein games/universe. These games are always fun and action packed. I thought things pointed toward B.J. being killed in The New Order but, of course, he didn't and is back for more. I'm glad they are still making these games.
I remember playing Wolfenstein 3D on my friends computer in '94, I was only 6 years old.. Never had so much fun. My favorite Wolfenstein is Return to Castle because of the online and I enjoyed the single player immensely.

So should I wait for a discount? Thinking of spending my money on either CoD: WWII or Battlefront 2 instead.

which version are you gonna get? The game is seriously fucking awesome(my god the nazi killing will give you hard ons), a little short but i think it was worth the money also considering the expansions they are adding.

Also get CoD out of there, pretty bad game from what people have been reporting.

Will get during black friday. Just got AC and forza 3 with hot wheels

Did it meet sales expectations? Exceed? Did it bomb? There was alot of controversy surrounding this game recently and I saw A LOT of people online saying this was a day 1 purchase. Personally I thought their marketing was funny, but VERY foolish on their end. Seemed like it was more of an experiment on Bethesdas end to see if they should mix video games with political promotion, so I'm just curious as to how it worked out for them.

I dont know about sale. Its a fun game though.

for what i've seen its worth it when its down to like 5 bucks

Inferior sequel in almost every way--story, characters, even levels. The political/racial bullshit is just icing on the cake. Additionally it's janky as hell on PC (loads of technical issues).

Big disappointment overall. Not a bad game necessarily, just not great like it should've been.

are the enemies still bullet sponges like the first?

Inferior sequel in almost every way--story, characters, even levels. The political/racial bullshit is just icing on the cake. Additionally it's janky as hell on PC (loads of technical issues).

Big disappointment overall. Not a bad game necessarily, just not great like it should've been.

From what I've gathered it's rather short and most people say it's a 20-30 dollar game tops and it's rather disappointing. With the whole politics thing, it doesn't matter what side you're on to me just keep them the hell out of video games. Just seems like Bethesda kind of threw the Wolfenstein franchise under the bus with this one.

From what I've gathered it's rather short and most people say it's a 20-30 dollar game tops and it's rather disappointing. With the whole politics thing, it doesn't matter what side you're on to me just keep them the hell out of video games. Just seems like Bethesda kind of threw the Wolfenstein franchise under the bus with this one.

The game is about fuck nazis. It always has been. I dont get why people think it's some antifa propaganda all the sudden.

The game is about fuck nazis. It always has been. I dont get why people think it's some antifa propaganda all the sudden.

I'm not arguing this, and have no issue with it whatsoever. More or less the way they marketed it had a very "you're either on our side or your a nazi" direct message to the people, not to mention the inclusion of the KKK where the hell exactly do they fit in Wolfenstein, and why are they even giving these idiots the time of day? I'm honestly interested in is whether the game bombed or not, and if the marketing tactics paid off or backfired.

I watched a couple of streamers playing and it looks really similar to the first one. I didn't see anything too new or interesting so I'll probably just wait for it to go on sale.

I like it a ton, but the difficulty is sort of bonkers. Runs a lot better on my PC than the first one and looks a lot better too. That said, plenty of people are reporting issues. Mine have been very minor: some slight, occasional texture pop in.

What the fuck?

The other thread has a shit ton of posters praising the shit out of this game.

I'm not arguing this, and have no issue with it whatsoever. More or less the way they marketed it had a very "you're either on our side or your a nazi" direct message to the people, not to mention the inclusion of the KKK where the hell exactly do they fit in Wolfenstein, and why are they even giving these idiots the time of day? I'm honestly interested in is whether the game bombed or not, and if the marketing tactics paid off or backfired.

Not sure why that bothers you?

I would rather think there would only be one side everybody would like to be on - the opposing side of the Nazis...

In an alternate reality where the Nazis win, I would imagine another faction that would heavily benefit would be the KKK supporters. It would make a lot sense since those fuckers generally hang out with one another assuming they aren't the same people. Just part of storytelling.

Its a solid casual shooter, like Serious Sam, Doom 3. Not much thinking at all. I guess I been used to shooters where you got skill tree, upgrading weapons, open world. That game still got it but it falls short on those mechanics.

For what it is you cant really complain.

Back