Roy Halladay dead?

Damn... That sucks. If it's not him in the plane though, then who was it?

One of the best pitchers of our era, really hope its not him(either way it sucks that someone died).

EDIT: MLB just confirmed it was him, RIP.

News conference just confirmed it was Halladay.

RIP

Whoa, 40 years old is way to young to go out.

RIP.

My favorite Blue Jay growing up. He was a class act and a stud pitcher. This freakin sucks

Always a class act.

When he won his Cy young in Philly he had an identical replica made and gave to Carlos Ruiz for being his catcher that year.

Rip.

Dude was an amazing pitcher. From all accounts a good person.

RIP. Got to see him pitch live a few times in his prime. Fucking machine out there. My dad and I used to say he was one of the few pitchers we didn't even mind seeing the O's get owned by because it was just impressive. Non-stop strikes.

Last edited:
FML. First jersey I ever bought. It's too bad he had to spend so long in a division with the prime Yanks and Socks. Could have won a few more Cy Youngs if he'd been on a better team.

RIP. Got to see him pitch live a few times in his prime. Fucking machine out there. My dad and I used to say he was one of the few pitchers we didn't even mind seeing the O's get owned by because it was just impressive. Non-stop strikes.
and a workhorse. I fully expected a complete game every time he took the mound. This one really stings

Yeah man. Was just talking to my son about the times we got to see him pitch. Was always a masterpiece. I hated when he left for philly, but understood it and he was classy about it as always.

RIP. sad shit

Fuck, this sucks.

I remember a few years ago the Phillies fined him for flying planes in the off season. It was written is his contract he wasn't supposed to.

Died doing what he loved.

This is insane. Charlie Morton modeled his game off of Roy Halladay and I was joking around with my friends about how Roy Halladay in spirit closed out the last 4 innings of game 7 to win this year's World Series. Dude was a true throwback. In the modern era of bullpens and micromanaging, he was the guy that you were never surprised if he pitched into the 9th. Lot of CG wins and losses. I have many fond memories of him and he was a class act through and through. RIP

Back