Roy Halladay dead?

the video on TMZ of the dumbass clowns on a boat that went to the crash is epically stupid.

endless stream of "OMG, bro! OMG!" and a string of "Holy fucking shit!"

I guess no one thought to jump in the water and see if they could pull him out of the wreckage.

Idiots
You watched a video wherein some people fishing observed a guy recklessly showboating an airplane and crashing it into the ocean, and the first person you identify as "dumbass clowns" isn't the dude who killed himself and left a family behind?

They were quite a ways from where it went down and there was zero chance he was alive at that point. Diving into open ocean into live-wreckage where someone is clearly dead sounds like the smart move to me.
you're smarter than this gravey ;)

I'll take this under submission and render my decision according to the court calendar.

Given the video, I'm gonna guess that he just botched a landing. No distress calls were made, and the plane looked to be gliding over the water ready to touch down. Wonder if he just dipped the nose, or something.

Fun fact: The lead test pilot also crashed and died, flying this plane.

Christ, when your test pilot can't even control it, perhaps hold off on letting the B-level licensed pilots give it a shot.

Given the video, I'm gonna guess that he just botched a landing. No distress calls were made, and the plane looked to be gliding over the water ready to touch down. Wonder if he just dipped the nose, or something.

Fun fact: The lead test pilot also crashed and died, flying this plane.

Christ, when your test pilot can't even control it, perhaps hold off on letting the B-level licensed pilots give it a shot.
The video doesn't show the crash. It shows him doing stunts. Then it cuts to them racing to the crash.
they were filming in the first place because they saw some dude flying idiotically in his plane and whipped their phones out, not coincidental timing.

The video doesn't show the crash. It shows him doing stunts. Then it cuts to them racing to the crash.
they were filming in the first place because they saw some dude flying idiotically in his plane and whipped their phones out, not coincidental timing.

Oh', so there was more time between that shot of him gliding near the water, and the actual crash? The video looks like he was just about to touch down.

Oh', so there was more time between that shot of him gliding near the water, and the actual crash? The video looks like he was just about to touch down.
Yeah it looks like he was gonna then the video cuts away and is a second clip of them racing toward the crash.

wow. sucks. RIP Roy

"I've been dreaming about flying since I was a boy but was only able to become a pilot once I retired from baseball," Halladay said in the article. "I've owned other aircraft, but no aircraft embodies the adventure or captured the dream of flying like the A5. Not only is it the safest and easiest aircraft I've ever flown, it is hands-down the most fun. The beaches, lakes, and waterways my family and I get to explore around Florida are mind-blowing. Words don't do justice to what the A5 allows us to experience. Even my wife, who used to be uncomfortable in small planes, now asks where we should take the A5 for the weekend. I'm honored to own the first A5 Founders Edition."

The guy that designed it died flying one in the spring.

In May, Jon Karkow, Icon's chief test pilot who was responsible for the plane's design, died in a crash in California. Cagri Sever, a new employee who was in the passenger's seat, also was killed.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/08/us/a5-icon-plane-crash-halladay/index.html

So it seems he had quite a few drugs in his system at the time of his death. Pretty shitty thing to do to your family imo. Not quite the hero you all pointed him out to be.

Source was espn radio

So it seems he had quite a few drugs in his system at the time of his death. Pretty shitty thing to do to your family imo. Not quite the hero you all pointed him out to be.

Source was espn radio

Seems like he had depression type issues if he needed insomnia medicine. Fuck man, so much bullshit in this world even multi-millionaire athletes have struggles.

Seems like he had depression type issues if he needed insomnia medicine. Fuck man, so much bullshit in this world even multi-millionaire athletes have struggles.

I will never understand drug use. Alcohol is bad enough, but even with that, I know my limits. I avoid painkillers. Pain is your body telling you something is wrong. Masking it leads to further injury. I'll take antibiotics if necessary but I don't even like to do that.

Source was espn radio
My thoughts exactly.

Wait - alcohol is as bad or worse for your body than most illicit drugs.

This. I was an opiate addict and although getting off of them was hard and you certainly can die if you take too much, Alcohol almost killed me twice (severe pancreatitis). I know several people who drink constantly but have the nerve to talk shit about "potheads".

This. I was an opiate addict and although getting off of them was hard and you certainly can die if you take too much, Alcohol almost killed me twice (severe pancreatitis). I know several people who drink constantly but have the nerve to talk shit about "potheads".

What about the potheads who also drink alcohol? I doubt having a couple of beers gave you pancreatitis. Too much water can kill you. I'd bet that less than 1% of people who drink alcohol get pancreatitis. It seems the people who die often have several different drugs in their system.

Back