LiAngelo Ball and UCLA teammates arrested in China shoplifting

well, theoretically anyway.
but I've read they're already 'out on bail', something
that is basically unheard of in China.

somebody with juice is pulling some strings behind the scenes.

DOKWYvYV4AAN4fI

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...a-players-arrest-china-law-experts/846856001/

LiAngelo Ball, other UCLA players unlikely to face severe punishment, Chinese law experts say

Jerome Cohen, the faculty director of New York University’s U.S.-Asia Law Institute, said that if Ball and his teammates have been allowed to return to their hotel, it is “a very good sign.”

“This shows they’re getting special treatment,” Cohen said. “Normally, the Chinese do not give bail, certainly not this early in a case that they’re going to prosecute. … It usually is only given at the convenience of the police.”

Who knows if they actually even did anything. Chinese officials in certain provinces are corrupt af. It will be interesting to see how everyone approaches this going forward.

UCLA is an international school with a lot of leverage. Lots of chinese politician's kids that go there. Plus they probably don't wanna see a Donald Trump tweet...

lol, no doubt.
plus the POTUS is actually there for a diplomatic visit.
those kids got lucky with the timing.

tbh if you want to act like a jackass overseas the time is now

two of my ex teammates(hs football) stole a wooden elephant from thailand, everyone thought they were gonna get the book thrown at them but they ended up being fine

lol, no doubt.
Or the government timed an arrest very well in hopes it gave them a political chip.
Strange story all around.

lol, no doubt.
He took a break from admiring dictators to ask if they could be released. They're damned lucky for such stupid kids

We all love the juice...

Back