Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE v.4 (First Critics Reviews)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the consensus seems to be the movie is flawed but fun and the characters are enjoyable. It's supposedly to be better (and not as dark as) than Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad but not up to the level of Wonder Woman. The Flash and Aquaman steal the show. No mention of the 7th member though.

All these Whedon mentions make me think I'm going to hate it.

Update: November 10, 2017

First Critics Reactions for Zack Snyder's JUSTICE LEAGUE Now Online

Click the spoiler box to see the rest of the reactions for Justice League.

The Tweets in the Spoiler Boxes don't load; it comes up as Blocked by Security Content Policy.

First reactions are always positive, the fact that these ones are lukewarm, makes me think this movie a fucking trainwreck.

All these Whedon mentions make me think I'm going to hate it.
Reminds of JLA HEAVEN'S LADDER, which sounded good on, err, paper. Bryan Hitch on oversized format with Mark Waid writing.

The climax is a Carebear-style group hug. I usually like it when people are able to corral Batman into a team environment.

200.gif

The Tweets in the Spoiler Boxes don't load; it comes up as Blocked by Security Content Policy.
Weird. The tweets also won't show up when I open it. I just unspoilered them and hopefully it won't overload the page for some of you guys.

So far the consensus seems to be the movie is flawed but fun and the characters are enjoyable. It's supposedly to be better (and not as dark as) than Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad but not up to the level of Wonder Woman. The Flash and Aquaman steal the show. No mention of the 7th member though.

GL?

"Plenty of Easter Eggs..."

Whooptee fucking doo.

As I said before, just making a "good" movie isn't anywhere near good enough at this point. They dropped at least $300 Million on it, meanwhile Marvel have had three major hits this year - Guardians 2, Spiderman, and Thor - with Black Panther to follow next year before Infinity War. DC need to start scoring touch downs. Just making good yardage on the plays won't cut it. They need to get the ball into the end zone, or Marvel are going to crush them.

uh not that i give a shit, but Isn't this tweet a spoiler (I think)

And Henry Cavill's mustache is an actual issue; they gave him Uncanny Valley Face. Oof, guys. It's a rough ride

uh not that i give a shit, but Isn't this tweet a spoiler (I think)
Not really a spoiler. Everybody that's not living under a rock knows Superman is in the movie. In this thread, there's already images of Superman in the posters and banners. And the Henry Cavill mustache issue has already been discussed before.

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/132158711/

I'm in the minority but I actually really like Synder as a director and I am so disappointed to hear all the comments about Whedon. I hated his Avenger movies. There were no stakes at all, the team breezed through the enemies. He made Ultron an absolute joke who is one of my favorite Marvel villains. Now I gotta experience sitting through 2 hours of corny jokes again. I loved Batman v Superman, Man of Steel and Watchmen.

I'm in the minority but I actually really like Synder as a director and I am so disappointed to hear all the comments about Whedon. I hated his Avenger movies. There were no stakes at all, the team breezed through the enemies. He made Ultron an absolute joke who is one of my favorite Marvel villains. Now I gotta experience sitting through 2 hours of corny jokes again. I loved Batman v Superman, Man of Steel and Watchmen.

I enjoyed Man of Steel and Watchmen more than 90% of Marvel movies.

But BvS was a PoS.

As expected. I fully expect WB/DC has also asked that the reviews don't mention Superman being alive.

As expected. I fully expect WB/DC has also asked that the reviews don't mention Superman being alive.

Man, I really wish studios would stop treating people like idiots. Unlikely, I know, but I can still hope.

Especially after the second Abrams Star Trek flick, where everyone knew Cumberbatch was Khan, but they were like 'Naah, totally different dude'.

I think they fucked that up for themselves when they included Superman's logo in the promotional materials and had dirt magically rising from his coffin at the end of Batman v Superman.

Unless those posters were just an ad for Jesse Eisenberg's graphic design company, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back