This Is Why We Need Affirmative Action

Have you wondered if the doctor who's about to operate on you got into med school by Affirmative Action?

I do not agree. You literally claimed that all candidates that get an interview are all equally qualified. This is rarely, if ever, the case.
I see you want to play ducking games. So, let me make it real simple for you.

An orange boss wants to fill a position, there are two candidates with the same qualifications. However, one candidate is orange and the other is green. Who do you think is going to get hired? Most probably the orange guy.

It is not quantum physics.
LOL

Have you wondered if the doctor who's about to operate on you got into med school by Affirmative Action?
What about all the doctors who successfully operate everyday only because mommy and daddy made a nice donation to the school or daddy is golf buddies with the dean of the school? It is interesting how nobody has a problem with these people. LOL

I know Larry David is kidding, but he isn't. Right Wingers act like if an Orange Bum is going to apply for a job, and get hired over a Green Genius, because the Orange people were oppressed by Green people once upon a time in history.

However, this is not how things work. If your resume is being looked at, and you make it to the interview, you are qualified for the job. So, the only thing that is left to judge, are things that you can't put in a resume or CV.

Let's be honest, if it comes down to that, a Green Boss will be more likely to hire a Green Employee. That is just a fact of life. As long as we qualify ourselves as Green, Orange, Blue, Red and whatever else skin color, the probability of associating with our own skin color is pretty high.

Affirmative Action males sense to me. I don't think 1 or 2 qualified Orange people being hired over a Green person, in a society dominated by Green people is something to get triggered or cringed about. LOL

Fuck that.

"Affirmative Action" is just a neutered label for "Institutional Racism". Two wrongs don't make a right. Ever.

Fuck that.

"Affirmative Action" is just a neutered label for "Institutional Racism". Two wrongs don't make a right. Ever.
Just because you believe it is wrong, it doesn't make it so. Some people believe the death penalty is "two wrongs don't make a right."

Just because you believe it is wrong, it doesn't make it so. Some people believe the death penalty is "two wrongs don't make a right."
I didn't make that argument. If you believe racism is wrong, then you believe affirmative action is wrong.

Simple as that.

you americans will bicker for the next 40 years about meaningless shit while china and india come to rule the world.

Might be interesting to try this in the NBA first as kind of a trial.

As long as candidates are qualified (capable of putting the basketball in the hoop) there should be some sort of AA process to ensure under-represented races are included, especially Asians, Latinos, and women.

When the NBA trial goes off hitch-free and everyone is happy and holding hands, we could use that as a template for the remaining competitive economy as a whole.

Might be interesting to try this in the NBA first as kind of a trial.

As long as candidates are qualified (capable of putting the basketball in the hoop) there should be some sort of AA process to ensure under-represented races are included, especially Asians, Latinos, and women.

When the NBA trial goes off hitch-free and everyone is happy and holding hands, we could use that as a template for the remaining competitive economy as a whole.
put me in.

I'd like to be the first Asian NBA player to get selected by affirmative action

I didn't make that argument. If you believe racism is wrong, then you believe affirmative action is wrong.
Simple as that.
I know you didn't make that argument, but you are taking the position that whatever you believe is the absolute right thing to believe, and I am telling you are wrong.

When a white woman gets a job because of affirmative action, what does that have to do with racism?

I know Larry David is kidding, but he isn't. Right Wingers act like if an Orange Bum is going to apply for a job, and get hired over a Green Genius, because the Orange people were oppressed by Green people once upon a time in history.

However, this is not how things work. If your resume is being looked at, and you make it to the interview, you are qualified for the job. So, the only thing that is left to judge, are things that you can't put in a resume or CV.

Let's be honest, if it comes down to that, a Green Boss will be more likely to hire a Green Employee. That is just a fact of life. As long as we qualify ourselves as Green, Orange, Blue, Red and whatever else skin color, the probability of associating with our own skin color is pretty high.

Affirmative Action males sense to me. I don't think 1 or 2 qualified Orange people being hired over a Green person, in a society dominated by Green people is something to get triggered or cringed about. LOL

He's still wrong. Skin color should have 0 factor with it.

I say we replace names on CVs with some sort of random ID. Also no asking about race. Also everyone wears a full body suit and mask to hide their skin colour.

The Asians might agree to this when it comes to college admissions at least.

<seedat>

I know you didn't make that argument, but you are taking the position that whatever you believe is the absolute right thing to believe, and I am telling you are wrong.

When a white woman gets a job because of affirmative action, what does that have to do with racism?
No, I'm taking the position that if you accept the notion that racism is wrong, then you must accept that affirmative action (literal institutionalized racism) is wrong.

There's no wiggling out of this based on arguments of "social reproduction", grasshopper, and though it might surprise you, many of us have been familiar with those for multiple decades.

What do you call it when you get a job because who your father knows even though you might not be the best candidate.

That literally happens all the time.

What do you call it when you get a job because who your father knows even though you might not be the best candidate.

Nepotism.

Or Friendship. Or Life. Any of these will suffice. All are race-blind.

He's still wrong. Skin color should have 0 factor with it.
But it does.

Skin, sex, gender and culture matter, and we discriminate based on these factors. Don't tell me you don't, because you will expose yourself as a liar.

It is good to have laws to ensure that people of the wrong skin, sex, gender and culture are not targeted (consciously or subconsciously).

Of course, people of the right skin, sex, gender and culture will not like it. It is natural to want to hold on to an adventitious position. However, I don't believe having a couple of qualified people of the wrong skin, sex, gender or culture in high power positions is going to cause the collapse of Western civilization.

Just my opinion. LOL

That is pretty much how most high ranking positions are obtained. It is about who can you have lunch or dinner meeting with.

If it is somebody of your family, it is called "nepotism." It is interesting how all the "meritocracy" people seldom have strong negative opinions about this. LOL

Back