Friends with a married couple... the husband cheated.. should I snitch?

I was hoping you wouldn't say you were friends with the wife too.

Rock and a hard place myself. Maybe guilt trip the husband into telling the wife he cheated.

I wouldn’t tell her, but you should definitely whoop the guys ass and use that as an excuse to stop hanging out.

Confront him first, and then tell her

it happened to me and a friend knew and didnt tell me. pissed me off that they let me go on like a fool. wish they wouldve told me right away. cant blame the messenger.

Maybe talk to him about it? Get more info before you make a decision. Maybe it was a one time thing ,probably not though, and no sense possibly breaking up a good relationship for it. If it’s something that he does regularly then you can decide from there. You could even do the “You tell her or I will.” Or maybe they have some sort of agreement you don’t know about. No matter what you do you’re in a shitty situation so try to do what is best for your long term friend and so you can live with yourself.

Maybe tell him that you are disappointed in him and leave it at that bc you don't want to get into drama that's not your own bc you will be dragged into it

You could stay quiet. If he’s dumb enough to cheat he’s dumb enough to get himself caught. It’ll come out regardless.

They are both my friends. They've been married for awhile. The thing is, this girl is a good friend of mine and we've been friends for damn near 20 years and they also have kids together. I'm on a business trip abroad and this guy came a day later. We were out and about and he was hitting on the girls here. He ended up taking one of them to his hotel and believe me, I tried my best to stop him, short of knocking his ass out.

I'm friends with him, but I'm much closer to his wife. He put me in a tough spot here since we hang out regularly. I won't be able to look at him the same way and the wife would be able to tell. I won't tell the wife, but damn this guy is a piece of shit. I'm genuinely pissed because I care about her.

aahhh shit. this hard

bro code. say if my good friend i not say.

but it also worse if woman cheat so if a girl friend cheated on her guy i say tell the guy. but this reverse. idk. i a fan of truth so in that case tell.

“I’m friends with him but I’m closer to his wife”...oh, Lord.

Don’t lie - you just want an excuse to bang his wife. I’ve seen this plenty of times.

Leave it alone.

I was in a similar situation about 10 years ago. I noticed two of my friends getting "close" (they were both in relationships with other friends in the group), I sent the girl an email (as she was and still is one of my closest friends) letting her know that I could see something was going on, and while others might not notice it yet, it would be inevitable and chaotic.

I told her that I would never snitch because its not my place to discuss her personal stuff but the longer they wait the bigger the fallout would be. They broke up with the people they were with the next day, got together, and the guy tried to make it like all the ensuing drama afterwards was my fault, because he was scared I would rat them out despite my explicit word I wouldnt do that.

I never told anyone but her, not even my wife. It was also beyond hypocritical in that 2 years earlier, my wife dated another friend in the group briefly before me. The same guy who was sneaking around now actively tried to turn everyone in our group against me for dating a groupmates ex. He held a grudge over something that didnt involve him, and
it was never even done behind anyone's back as I told the friend/exbf the instant I saw him that me and her were dating. He apologized for all of it later, but it made things really difficult for a while.

Long story short, if you arent involved and it wont fracture multi year friendships, I would stay out of it because you could be blamed for the drama.

Stay out of people's relationships. If they do get back together after you spill the beans, then they will just end up commisserating about you being the bad guy and talkimg about you trying to break them up.

Or dont, and have a little fun...

If she's the better friend you have to tell her. But if he were the closer friend I'd keep silent.

You should feel zero sympathy for this dude. He knew you were friends with both of them and intentionally put you in this position. Fuck him. If he were a real friend and wanted to cheat he would do it on the DL.

Back