Locked TV Show Thread (Hitman TV Series from Hulu; Jordan Peele's Twilight Zone Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First Official Look at Jodie Whitaker as the New Doctor in DOCTOR WHO Christmas Special

DOMUOWAVoAArDoS.jpg

Wasn't sure how I felt about the Expanse at first. Took a while to get going in the first season and I barely stuck with it. Also wasn't a fan of that detective guy his character was to corny IMO. The second season was great and I can't wait for this next one.
This is basically how I felt.

The first season kinda dragged along, and the detective's story wasn't the most riveting, but in sticking with it, we ended up with one of the best sci fi shows in recent memory. The second season was fantastic. It hit the ground running, and only got better with each passing episode.

It honestly felt like half of the second season's episodes would have been season finales in any other sci fi show.
Oh joy. I see we are returning to "wacky" Doctor.
Yeah, I don't know about another Wacky Doctor.

I really liked the whole return to the Gravitas Doctor with Capaldi's run.

But we'll see. Hopefully she pulls off wacky better than Matt Smith did.

They better get Simon Pegg as Wee Hughie.

It would be a travesty otherwise...

Agreed! I love The Boys, so I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

This is basically how I felt.

The first season kinda dragged along, and the detective's story wasn't the most riveting, but in sticking with it, we ended up with one of the best sci fi shows in recent memory. The second season was fantastic. It hit the ground running, and only got better with each passing episode.

It honestly felt like half of the second season's episodes would have been season finales in any other sci fi show.

Yeah, I don't know about another Wacky Doctor.

I really liked the whole return to the Gravitas Doctor with Capaldi's run.

But we'll see. Hopefully she pulls off wacky better than Matt Smith did.
I doubt she can be any worse.

#Ihatesmith

STAR WARS Live-Action TV Series to Launch on Disney Streaming Service in 2019

zDx6rEk.jpg

Star Wars is getting the TV treatment with a forthcoming live-action series set to debut on Disney's streaming service. The still-untitled-service is set to launch in 2019.

Walt Disney Company chairman and CEO Bob Iger confirmed the project while on a quarterly earnings call with investors Thursday.

Additionally, Iger revealed that new TV series based on the 2001 Pixar film Monsters Inc. (which also spawned a 2013 sequel Monsters University) and the Disney Channel film franchise High School Musical will debut on the service.

The Star Wars franchise will also expand with the launch of a new trilogy of films from The Last Jedi director Rian Johnson.

The new films will be separate from the continuing Skywalker saga and "Johnson will introduce new characters from a corner of the galaxy that Star Wars lore has never before explored," according to an official announcement made by LucasFilm, which is owned by Disney, Thursday. Johnson will write and direct the first film in the trilogy.

That new trilogy comes as Lucasfilm also has Solo: A Star Wars Story out May 25, 2018 and director J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode IX out Dec. 20, 2019. The Last Jedi is slated for release on Dec. 15.

n addition to original programming on the streaming service, Iger said on the call that Disney will consider licensing programming from third parties. He also noted that ABC Studios could end up producing for the new service. 'We've talked about that a bit," he said.

Although pricing is still being worked out, the plan is to offer the service for less than the price of Netflix, which currently costs $11 per month for its standard plan.

Disney's ESPN service, meanwhile, will launch in spring 2018 and will be called ESPN Plus, Iger confirmed on Thursday. The service will not include sports that currently air on ESPN.

'Star Wars' Live-Action TV Series to Launch on Disney Streaming Service in 2019

I just finished watching season 1 of Stranger Things. I enjoyed it a lot, look forward to beginning the second season. I think the children are a great team and great problem solvers (well duh, they're nerds lol). The scientist (school teacher) and sheriff as well, very good actors.

Ellen Page to Star in Netflix's UMBRELLA ACADEMY Live-Action Series

f7z39yE.jpg

Ellen Page is joining the Umbrella Academy. The X-Men: Days of Future Past and Juno actress has become the first person cast in Netflix's highly anticipated live-action adaptation of Dark Horse Comics' The Umbrella Academy.

Picked up to series in July and based on the Eisner Award-winning comics, Umbrella Academy follows the estranged members of a dysfunctional family of superheroes (aka the Umbrella Academy): The Monocle, Spaceboy, The Kraken, The Rumor, The Séance, Number Five, The Horror and The White Violin. Together, they work to solve their father’s mysterious death while coming apart at the seams because of their divergent personalities and abilities. The series was praised for its alternate and twisted take on the superhero genre.

Page will play Vanya, the black sheep of her dysfunctional family. She is the only one of Reginald Hargreeves' adopted children with no supernatural abilities. A meek and insecure wallflower, Vanya struggles to find her place in the world.

Steve Blackman (Fargo, Netflix's Altered Carbon) will serve as showrunner and executive produce alongside Bluegrass Television, Mike Richardson and Keith Goldberg from Dark Horse Entertainment. Produced by Universal Cable Productions, Umbrella Academy creator Gerard Way (of the rock band My Chemical Romance) will co-exec produce. The pilot script was adapted from the comic book series by Jeremy Slater (The Exorcist). The 10-episode drama is set to launch in 2018.

Page's credits include Vice's Gaycation and thefeatures Flatliners, Inception and X-Men: Days of Future Past, where she played Kitty Pryde.

'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Actress Ellen Page to Star in Netflix's 'Umbrella Academy' Live-Action Series

Very glad I made it over the hump with Star Trek: Discovery. I obviously found it passable enough to make it this long - I just wrapped up ep 6 ... but now I actually think it's damn good. I'm not sure if just my perception of it changed or it improved - or obviously probably a bit of both, but, man, I'm really enjoying it now not just as passable background noise but for its own nuances and its place in Star Trek history.

It just didn't feel like a real Star Trek entry the first couple/few eps for me. But, even though it's actually dipping into its own niche, it is indeed earning its legacy.

In some ways it almost makes me regret that the talent here is being used on a prequel instead of moving the story forward ... but, idk, is this set in the tv continuity or film continuity ? Whatever. Really it's all new anyway I guess, they're gonna do what they want. I guess that does sort of impede some level of investment, tho.

Saw the first episode of DAMNATION and it's good. Lots of fascinating and memorable characters.

The show reminds me of Banshee circa 1930s.

Anybody else watching THE BRAVE?

It's a bit generic but I'm loving it. There's something about the show that is so engaging and easy to watch. If you want an episodic and entertaining action drama procedural show without any character background baggage, I recommend The Brave.

There's 3 new military shows that aired this fall - The Brave, Seal Team and Valor.

Seal Team is clunky at times and don't really care about the characters and their drama. Big meh on David Boreanaz. I like how they plan the logistics of their missions though.

Valor is from The CW, so you know it already has a lot of flaws. Dropped it after two episodes. Too much melodrama and flashback crap. Female lead is hot though.

the-brave-preview-nbc.jpg

Saw the first episode of DAMNATION and it's good. Lots of fascinating and memorable characters.

The show reminds me of Banshee circa 1930s.

Saw it, looks great. Definitely had a retro Banshee vibe. Cautiously optimistic.

Anybody else watching THE BRAVE?

It's a bit generic but I'm loving it. There's something about the show that is so engaging and easy to watch. If you want an episodic and entertaining action drama procedural show without any character background baggage, I recommend The Brave.

There's 3 new military shows that aired this fall - The Brave, Seal Team and Valor.

Seal Team is clunky at times and don't really care about the characters and their drama. Big meh on David Boreanaz. I like how they plan the logistics of their missions though.

Valor is from The CW, so you know it already has a lot of flaws. Dropped it after two episodes. Too much melodrama and flashback crap. Female lead is hot though.

the-brave-preview-nbc.jpg

Watched the first episode, didn't really grab me, but that's because there's so much awesome television out there and I have limited time. It's on my "when I have time" list.

Hey, did you ever watch The Unit?

hqdefault.jpg

I watched that entire series, enjoyed it, and think it's right up your alley. There's an episode in season three that's next level television (Play 16). The first review in iMDB is mine (zenlemming) and I don't review many things, only when I really love something, or really hate it. Honestly, I can't imagine you haven't seen this show.

My football buddy was on Lethal Weapon this season.

29qef78.png

Watched the first episode, didn't really grab me, but that's because there's so much awesome television out there and I have limited time. It's on my "when I have time" list.
It took me a couple of episodes of The Brave to really like it.

Hey, did you ever watch The Unit?

hqdefault.jpg

I watched that entire series, enjoyed it, and think it's right up your alley. There's an episode in season three that's next level television (Play 16). The first review in iMDB is mine (zenlemming) and I don't review many things, only when I really love something, or really hate it. Honestly, I can't imagine you haven't seen this show.
Yes, I've seen The Unit and liked it but lost track of it in the later seasons.

I'll definitely get back to it.
It might also help if you also watch Valor and Seal Team. It certainly improved my appreciation of The Brave after watching those two shows. The Brave is purely episodic so far but I like that there are no over-complicated relationships from the past or character hang-ups or convoluted story. It's a different mission every week.

Starting up the 2nd episode of new season of Curb Your Enthusiasm right now. Had been anticipating the return sooooo bad. First episode started out just a bit flat for me, but wound up picking up steam.

Part of the problem I think is seeing this in full hd ... all my memories of the old seasons are in lower resolution and screen format.

It contributes to it feeling like these are skits within a show. Like if Curb did an episode where they filmed Curb episodes - it feels like the show-within-the-show is what I'm watching now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back