This Is Why We Need Affirmative Action

Nepotism.

Or Friendship. Or Life. Any of these will suffice. All are race-blind.

So it's affirmative action but for white people who benefit from it. No?

In the business world id venture a guess that benefits white folks the most. Who your father knows.

So it's affirmative action but for white people who benefit from it. No?

In the business world id venture a guess that benefits white folks the most. Who your father knows.
Jesus, to fuck up with a false equivocation this badly should prompt you to take this belief to a mirror, and look hard. Liberals are just crippled by an inability to think when it comes to race.

There is no government or institution imposing this, so literally, straightforwardly, irrefutably, no. No, it isn't "affirmative action". It's human nature.

That is pretty much how most high ranking positions are obtained. It is about who can you have lunch or dinner meeting with.

If it is somebody of your family, it is called "nepotism." It is interesting how all the "meritocracy" people seldom have strong negative opinions about this. LOL
Families and cultures "meritocratically" create this wealth for themselves. Your family and your subculture isn't their burden.

Jesus, to fuck up with a false equivocation this badly should prompt you to take this belief to a mirror, and look hard. Liberals are just crippled by an inability to think when it comes to race.

There is no government or institution imposing this, so literally, straightforwardly, irrefutably, no. No, it isn't "affirmative action". It's human nature.

If your premise is that you're looking for only the best people for the job then you'd be wrong because the end result is the same thing is it not?

You can dress it up any way you'd like but it's the exact same thing. And I'd imagine institutions like financial firms hire lots of employees through this type of behavior. So instead of focusing on words like imposing just use real talk like partaking in this type of behavior

Affirmative Action made sense in the 60's, 70's and possibly 80's, because most schools and businesses were still operating on a pre-1964 civil rights mindset. They had to be pushed and coerced into hiring people of color.

But there came a point where, "okay, everyone knows it is illegal to discriminate based on skin color," and yet affirmative action persisted. It's a broken system now, because people are forced to hire based on demographics rather than skill and aptitude.

Things like skin color, gender and sexual orientation shouldn't even factor into the hiring/accepting process. It really should be totally based on merit. You can't call someone racist for choosing the best person for the job. If anything, it's racist to choose someone SPECIFICALLY because they are black.

Mindy Kaling's brother did a pretty cool social experiment on this, when he lied about being black to get into medical school. The market is saturated with Indian doctors, so he found it was easier to get in if he said he was black - even if he had mediocre grades and a sub par understanding of medical basics.

150408121847-almost-black-split-exlarge-169.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/07/living/feat-mindy-kaling-brother-affirmative-action/index.html

That alone should show you that hiring based on skin color is not the most efficient way to handle it.

I know Larry David is kidding, but he isn't. Right Wingers act like if an Orange Bum is going to apply for a job, and get hired over a Green Genius, because the Orange people were oppressed by Green people once upon a time in history.

However, this is not how things work. If your resume is being looked at, and you make it to the interview, you are qualified for the job. So, the only thing that is left to judge, are things that you can't put in a resume or CV.

Let's be honest, if it comes down to that, a Green Boss will be more likely to hire a Green Employee. That is just a fact of life. As long as we qualify ourselves as Green, Orange, Blue, Red and whatever else skin color, the probability of associating with our own skin color is pretty high.

Affirmative Action males sense to me. I don't think 1 or 2 qualified Orange people being hired over a Green person, in a society dominated by Green people is something to get triggered or cringed about. LOL

You're not even describing affirmative action. If you have no idea what it is, you shouldn't be commenting.

Affirmative Action made sense in the 60's, 70's and possibly 80's, because most schools and businesses were still operating on a pre-1964 civil rights mindset. They had to be pushed and coerced into hiring people of color.

But there came a point where, "okay, everyone knows it is illegal to discriminate based on skin color," and yet affirmative action persisted. It's a broken system now, because people are forced to hire based on demographics rather than skill and aptitude.

Things like skin color, gender and sexual orientation shouldn't even factor into the hiring/accepting process. It really should be totally based on merit. You can't call someone racist for choosing the best person for the job. If anything, it's racist to choose someone SPECIFICALLY because they are black.

Mindy Kaling's brother did a pretty cool social experiment on this, when he lied about being black to get into medical school. The market is saturated with Indian doctors, so he found it was easier to get in if he said he was black - even if he had mediocre grades and a sub par understanding of medical basics.

150408121847-almost-black-split-exlarge-169.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/07/living/feat-mindy-kaling-brother-affirmative-action/index.html

That alone should show you that hiring based on skin color is not the most efficient way to handle it.

AA as people envision it doesnt happens as much as people think it happens.

Affirmative Action is a failure in theory and a failure in practice.

It’s an example of society wanting equality of outcomes when there is not equality of effort / choices.

Or worse still, better choices / efforts have a negative correlation on outcomes in terms of education enrolment / admissions and some industries.

As mentioned earlier, Asians are the biggest victims here.

Society is not meant to have equal outcomes. You get out what you put it.

But it does.

Skin, sex, gender and culture matter, and we discriminate based on these factors. Don't tell me you don't, because you will expose yourself as a liar.

It is good to have laws to ensure that people of the wrong skin, sex, gender and culture are not targeted (consciously or subconsciously).

Of course, people of the right skin, sex, gender and culture will not like it. It is natural to want to hold on to an adventitious position. However, I don't believe having a couple of qualified people of the wrong skin, sex, gender or culture in high power positions is going to cause the collapse of Western civilization.

Just my opinion. LOL

To be clear, you are stating that you are racist and sexist, and you believe everyone else is as well ... is that correct?

I know Larry David is kidding, but he isn't. Right Wingers act like if an Orange Bum is going to apply for a job, and get hired over a Green Genius, because the Orange people were oppressed by Green people once upon a time in history.

However, this is not how things work. If your resume is being looked at, and you make it to the interview, you are qualified for the job. So, the only thing that is left to judge, are things that you can't put in a resume or CV.

Let's be honest, if it comes down to that, a Green Boss will be more likely to hire a Green Employee. That is just a fact of life. As long as we qualify ourselves as Green, Orange, Blue, Red and whatever else skin color, the probability of associating with our own skin color is pretty high.

Affirmative Action males sense to me. I don't think 1 or 2 qualified Orange people being hired over a Green person, in a society dominated by Green people is something to get triggered or cringed about. LOL

you americans will bicker for the next 40 years about meaningless shit while china and india come to rule the world.

Also, the USA is about the least racist place I've ever been to.

Yes, we need to give people privileges based on race. Employers just love having the added risk of hiring privileged people who because of their privilege are 1) hard to fire 2) because of their privilege it must be wondered if they achieved anything based on individual merit or solely due to their race.

Yes, it is fantastic to feel so superior to other races than you have to give them a handicap out of the generosity of your heart.

So yes, if you are a racist POS you love you some AA

They shouldn't but they do. And that's why it's an issue.

Most of us understand that it's an issue, that is, that individual people discriminate, of all races mind you. But to suggest that the solution is more discrimination, as the TS has done, is not any kind of answer.

The problem here, I think, is that too many people take this to mean that because you are against AA, it must mean you don't care or worse, and the conversation proceeds with this false premise in place.

This is why we need affirmative action:

So Sista's

tdy_guth_rachel_160412__919983.today-inline-vid-featured-mobile.jpg

And Brotha's

025_Urijah_Faber.0.0.jpg

can get a job

Disclaimer
This is only a parody

Last edited:
I'd rather just not consider orange or green.

All interviews should be given without knowing the color/sex of a person. That's my dream.

A solid ideal, but a lot of persons of color can be picked out by their speech alone

Do you think you can have your pick? a lot of time you cant tell the character of the individual, specially if by law you cant ask their former employer for references.

God I hope that never becomes a law, my former employers actually gave me glowing references for the job I have now and letters of recommendation to boot (although in one case it was a letter I typed up for myself on co. letterhead and used the owner's signature stamp...but still...)

Back