Why do people get married? Why are we monogamous?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
50,000 years ago, 9/10 men realized that 1/10 were getting all the women. They couldn't stand it. They couldn't stand not getting laid. Instead of improving themselves, they created the concept of monogamy. The concept of marriage.

Modern society, feminism, in abandoning this, is only moving back into the hands of the alpha male. Feminism is male empowerment.

until they change joint asset and alimony laws, there's literally ZERO reason to get married in today's world, barring kids of course

The only problem w/ it 'going away' is the tax system is designed inherently to benefit married couples over single keep earners

It provides a stable environment for a family and generally produces better outcomes. Makes sense that a team would do better than an individual in the game of life.

I'm neither.

I imagine I will keep it that way.

It provides a stable environment for a family and generally produces better outcomes. Makes sense that a team would do better than an individual in the game of life.
Why can't you just raise your kids with your bros?

Taxes.

And I assume love.

But taxes.

It's amazing how many people do not understand this.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Some species have it ingrained in their dna. I like coming home to the same house and seeing my kids every day. I also like it that i know i wont get an std when i rawdog my wife every night.

50,000 years ago, 9/10 men realized that 1/10 were getting all the women. They couldn't stand it. They couldn't stand not getting laid. Instead of improving themselves, they created the concept of monogamy. The concept of marriage.

Modern society, feminism, in abandoning this, is only moving back into the hands of the alpha male. Feminism is male empowerment.

How did the weak created the concept of monogamy?

Prehistoric man was most likely a social monogamous species.

It avoids violence, it's the same reasons we have laws in modern and ancient society. If you want the structures that preserve order and expound upon human capabilities, you control your animal instincts through rules.

Monogamy is an extension of this.

You can do that in a polygamous enviroment too, although TS should clarify since marriage and monogamy arent the same thing.

You could raise a household with many wives if you are well-off in a lot of countries.

I don’t know but it used to favor the men greatly. Now, it gives women way too much leverage.

How did the weak created the concept of monogamy?

Prehistoric man was most likely a social monogamous species.

Yep. Pre historic woman was probably not capable of raising four kids by herself. They probably lived in family groups of 20-50 and all helped each other out with the men being the leaders.

Why can't you just raise your kids with your bros?

Because raising kids involves a massive investment of resources and time, that no one, but the parents would even consider investing in.

My wife told me my dick is allergic to other pussies.

You can do that in a polygamous enviroment too, although TS should clarify since marriage and monogamy arent the same thing.

You could raise a household with many wives if you are well-off in a lot of countries.

Yeah you could look at it as a resource issue. Wealthy men can provide for a stable, so to speak. For a society wide template though it probably wouldn't make much sense.

Back