The Birth of an EU Army

Pupi

SAVAGE
@Steel
Reaction score
This is BIG since the EU can now have a joint military budget, a common doctrine to act, and can have independence of the United States. This force will be a substantial demonstration of European will.

https://www.rt.com/news/409724-eu-army-agreement-signed/

Some key developments:

The agreement on PESCO, or Permanent Structured Cooperation, was signed in Brussels by 23 members of the 28-strong European Union on Monday."

"European heavyweights Germany and France are leading the effort to bring the EU closer to having a permanent joint armed force. The UK, which has been opposing a pan-European military force for decades, is not part of the agreement. Denmark, Ireland, Portugal, and Malta opted out; while Austria, not a member of NATO, agreed to join at the last moment.

Another article:

https://qz.com/1127984/eu-army-bloc...itary-integration-to-shake-off-us-dependence/

The UK had always resisted the idea of joint EU defense, fearing some kind of big “European army,” but the country’s planned exit from the bloc has removed that hurdle, allowing 23 other EU countries to move forward. Once Brexit happens, the UK could still possibly be involved, but for a price.

The group will have a €5 billion ($5.8 billion) European Defense Fund to buy weapons, a different fund for operations, and also get money from the EU budget for research. In the end, it means that the EU would have stronger, better synchronized national military forces to respond to crises together. German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel called it a “milestone in European development.”

Co-development of weapons could be good news for European defense companies. “I think it is a potential game-changer,” Haman Buskhe, the CEO of Swedish defense company Saab told the Wall Street Journal(paywall). “This could develop new products and help increase efficiency in Europe.”

I think that this is going to further militarize the region (duh), but the rise of the EU Army is a response to the migration crisis and Trump saying that Europe doesn't invest much in NATO. I'm interested in how the US and the UK will react to this.

Is this a sign of a major war (internal and possibly external to the EU) over the horizon?

Sweet, good news for MIC, their employees and investors if nations are going to pool more money into joint ventures.

I expect France to be marginalized, leaving uncontested power to The Rei.. Germany.

Should be interesting. Now the Globalists have an EU military to play with.

Hey Britain, how much for that SOFA?

A response to the migration crisis that they themselves are promoting and facilitating?

Sounds like a problem-reaction-solution type of play.

A response to the migration crisis that they themselves are promoting and facilitating?

Sounds like a problem-reaction-solution type of play.

Spot on. They're always playing by the rules of the Hegelian Dialectic.

The EU army has zero to do with the migrant crisis or Trump's NATO statements. The lobbying has gone on strong for more than a decade, only Britain stood in the way. Take Britain out of the equation and this would've happened long ago.

The result is that we will probably end up seeing another player in the game of international geo-politics and military interventions.

Last edited:
The EU army has zero to do with the migrant crisis or Trump's NATO statements. The lobbying has gone on strong for more than a decade. Only Britian stood in the way.

The result is that we will probably end up seeing another player in the game of international geo-politics and military interventions.

Yeah it's been in the works for a long time. They still need to create a PR package around it though to justify it in the minds of people.

I expect France to be marginalized, leaving uncontested power to The Rei.. Germany.

Indeed.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/world/europe/eu-military-force.html

But with Britain having voted to leave the European Union, a process known as Brexit, the other countries in the bloc — especially France, Germany, Italy and Spain — saw the long-dormant idea of military cooperation as a way to show their citizens that Brussels could respond to worries about security and terrorism.

Paris had argued for a smaller group of countries that would commit to serious spending on military equipment and capabilities, which Europe mostly lacks outside of NATO, while Berlin argued for a bigger club. France, which will become the most important military power in the European Union after Britain departs, wants to be able to conduct operations in places like Mali with European allies without necessarily having to ask NATO for help.

The German view, as is often the case, won out.

Yeah it's been in the works for a long time. They still need to create a PR package around it though to justify it in the minds of people.

Justifying it in the minds of people is not really necessary since there's no legitimate democratic process whatsoever involved with the EU. It would've happened with or without the PR package, although having a PR package revolving around anti-Russian sentiment and self-imposed Muslim terrorism, always helps.

Not you too, Pupi. Not like this.

Lol it's too useful of a strategy and its been used for 200 years. Not that the migrant crisis is the only means of solidifying a European state, but it's an efficient way of increasing security, inter-state cooperation, and public panic.

Lol it's too useful of a strategy and its been used for 200 years. Not that the migrant crisis is the only means of solidifying a European state, but it's an efficient way of increasing security, inter-state cooperation, and public panic.
It's the intentional public panic part that goes off the rails. Why assume that?

Pupi and @IDL

Together at last.

Lol I haven't posted here in a while, so I can't assume coherency with the entirety of his beliefs, but he's on the money with the Hegelian Dialectic part.

It's the intentional public panic part that goes off the rails. Why assume that?

Public panic is always good for the State so leaders can justify an enlargement of the Repressive State Apparatus or the Ideological State Apparatus. The enlargement of the RSA is happening and its the subject of this thread, so I imagine an expansion of the ISA is coming soon to teach people what "being European" signifies.

Public panic is always good for the State so leaders can justify an enlargement of the Repressive State Apparatus or the Ideological State Apparatus. The enlargement of the RSA is happening and its the subject of this thread, so I imagine an expansion of the ISA is coming soon to teach people what "being European" signifies.
It's just weird to read you embracing Marxist CT-speak to join ideologically with those who think this is a Marxist conspiracy.

Another step towards the loss of sovereignty. Tread cautiously Euros. It only took 75 years for it to happen to the formerly free states here in the USA.

Britain got cucked.

It's just weird to read you embracing Marxist CT-speak to join ideologically with those who think this is a Marxist conspiracy.

I'm pretty far left - always have been. This is without doubt a right wing operation to create more power under elite control.

Back