Hi-tech sex toy maker admits to secretly recording users.

dildos

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
PEOPLE who purchased a sex toy have been left horrified, after the company behind the vibrator reported a “bug” caused the device to record sound files.

f918070a251d1218c5931c97bae72ae8

SEX toy fans who purchased a vibrator were horrified to discover their intimate sessions were secretly recorded on an app that comes with the toy.

Lovense, the Hong Kong company behind the vibrator, reported a “minor software bug” after users discovered its remote-controlled vibrator app recorded sound files and stored them on phones each time the toy was on.

With this bug, the cache file was stored on the user’s device until the next session, which overwrites the previous cache file.

The user, called tydoctor, wrote: “The Lovense remote control vibrator app … seems to be recording while the vibrator is on.”

They added: “I was going through my phone media to prepare it for a factory reset and came across a .3gp file named ‘tempSoundPlay. 3gp’ in the folder for the app.

“The file was a full audio recording 6 minutes long of the last time I had used the app to control my [partner’s] remote control vibrator.”

In a bid to calm the horrified user, Lovense replied on Reddit saying: “Your concern is completely understandable.”

It added, “… rest assured, no information or data is sent to our servers. This cache file currently remains on your phone instead of deleting itself once your session is finished.”

A company representative told The Verge that the bug has been fixed and the cache file will be eventually deleted.

The sex toy manufacturer’s blunder comes weeks after security researchers reported their butt plug was not safe.

Penetration testers claimed they were able to hack into the Lovense Hush.

Regardless of where it's stored, why is recording sound even an option for something like this?

The fact that a sex toy comes with an app didn't raise any flags from the start?

Your partner can use the app to control the speed of the toy

Pretty common actually

Right but an app always carries the potential for privacy invasion, no?

Seems like a proceed with extreme caution situation from the get go to me.

The sex toy manufacturer’s blunder comes weeks after security researchers reported their butt plug was not safe.

Man, their PR's really taking it up the ass lately. I wouldn't want to be the dude handling their product recalls

In related news, I just found an mp3 labelled "the sound of a polish girl chipping her teeth"

Man, their PR's really taking it up the ass lately. I wouldn't want to be the dude handling their product recalls
How big of a salary would you require to work in the return department of Adam & Eve?

What's the big deal? Google Home was recording it all anyways.

don't give these apps privacy permission.

all apps can be abused. give it permission for your current task and then disable it when not in use.

Do you want this app to allow access to your Photos/Camera/Location/Etc

You're supposed to click NO lol noobs

I have a few that have the microphone feature. I just tape off the mics before I put in the batteries for the first time to try them out.

But...but...the app lets you control the speed of your partners vibrator. The only thing I'm going to control for my partner is how hard and deep my dick goes.

Back