Famous BASE jumper dies in wingsuit jump.

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
A legendary Russian daredevil died while attempting his latest stunt, base jumping from a 22,000-foot mountain in the Himalayas.

Valery Rozov had become known throughout the world for his awe-inspiring actions, including a jump from a peak on Mt. Everest that saw him use a special wingsuit to soaring through the air for 60 seconds to join less-adventurous Earthlings.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...pting-22-000-foot-base-jump-article-1.3629393
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...pting-22-000-foot-base-jump-article-1.3629393
Here's a video of his jump off Mount Everest

I've always thought that the people who do these things are suicidal. I did some very risky things at a time in my life when I didn't care if I lived or died.

If there's a mountain worth going out on, you could do worse than Ama Dablam.

240px-120405-018_Ama_Dablam%2C_Phortse-Pangboche.jpg

Suicidal is the wrong word TS. They don't want to die, they simply are not afraid to die as a consequence of doing the things they love.

And there was a Nova or Nature show some years ago, called something like The Science of Adrenaline.

Cliffs :

Society has always needed people like this who were the ones to volunteer to explore the dangerous unknown or push the boundaries so the rest of society could stay home and nest and gain the benefits. Adrenalin junkies tend to respond at much lower levels to normal stimuli. So what might make a normal person squeal in fright usually bores them. They live without feeling highs of emotion unless they do these extreme things. Entrepreneurs they say have similar brain patterns and tend to share the same need to experience risk and do so in that way.

We can send people to Everest to wing suit off, but getting the corpses back down is too hard?

He jumped from under 24,000 feet. The death zone is above 26,000 feet.

Name your son Valery and he’s going to have to do stuff like this in life to feel like a man

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price.

And there was a Nova or Nature show some years ago, called something like The Science of Adrenaline.

Cliffs :

Society has always needed people like this who were the ones to volunteer to explore the dangerous unknown or push the boundaries so the rest of society could stay home and nest and gain the benefits. Adrenalin junkies tend to respond at much lower levels to normal stimuli. So what might make a normal person squeal in fright usually bores them. They live without feeling highs of emotion unless they do these extreme things. Entrepreneurs they say have similar brain patterns and tend to share the same need to experience risk and do so in that way.

Yes, it's similar to a drug addicts constantly seeking a higher high all the while knowing it is likely to eventually kill them. Whether it's adrenaline or drugs it is an almost inevitable path to death. There is also the theory on gambling that gamblers want to lose. They don't stop when they win. They have to keep going until they lose anything they win and more.

Back