Walking Dead Season 8 Thread (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gun fights are getting to be fucking laughable. I literally watched Carol shoot a rifle with no bolt cycle or spent case ejections. Also, the fucking .50 cal would have done more than just busted a hose.

WTF?

The gunfights are long and drawn out and people don't get killed when there is automatic rifle bullets going everywhere. Carol is pinned down by 5 Saviors and they aren't smart enough to provide cover fire while someone goes around and flanks her? I guess they did fall for the old "I can help you, don't shoot" routine.

And definitely LOL at shooting the jeep with the .50cal and still having the thing run. That .50col would tear that $hit up!

Finally. Why the hell did Rick jump into the other vehicle? Why didn't he just drive up beside him and shoot the driver in the chest? And then after he jumped in he stabbed the guy and then decided to jump back out and let it crash? Now you might have damaged at least one of the guns and you have no way to transport them!

false,
b20fa8fd1dbe7e5fd0c9092a4cc3c5ea.jpg

this guy should become negan when negan dies

I actually thought the guy pushing Ezekiel was a character from the comics named Carson. He had such a specific look to him that i thought they added another character.

Shiva dies early in the comic but yeah what a weak way to go out. How about the saviors wound her and THEN gets mauled by walkers. Wish they had her do more though, but maybe they were aware she looked bad and just nipped it in the bud.

The other poster suggest ed Simon be negan. Hmm. ya know, he looks MORE like negan than jdm. SHIT, he's even bigger than him.

Not happening tho

There are a lot of reviews laughing that the Savior who temporarily captured Ezekiel bore an eerie resemblance to Jeffrey Dahmer.

DOfPKqJVwAAHBi7.jpg

jeffrey-dahmer-4.jpg

this show, & its layers - each so deep & profound.

How about when Shiva (a woman), was surrounded & touched inappropriately by zombie 'men'. A poignant statement about today's patriarchal troubles, to be sure. Despite Shiva not speaking English, being an immigrant woman of colors, you could still almost hear her last, final ignored cry of '#MeToo'...

Agreed. I'm hoping he ends up with Ricks crew somehow eventually. They really need some better characters in that group.

He's definitely one of the best actors and characters on the show. We need more Simon! Also, what the hell have Negan and Gabriel been doing besides wearing their "shitting pants"?

There are a lot of reviews laughing that the Savior who temporarily captured Ezekiel bore an eerie resemblance to Jeffrey Dahmer.

DOfPKqJVwAAHBi7.jpg

Personally I was getting a David Koresh vibe, but either way.

david-koresh---full-episode.jpg

How about when Shiva (a woman), was surrounded & touched inappropriately by zombie 'men'. A poignant statement about today's patriarchal troubles, to be sure. Despite Shiva not speaking English, being an immigrant woman of colors, you could still almost hear her last, final ignored cry of '#MeToo'...

agreed, decrepit old men, always going after the wild, shrewd, untamed "meat". really draws parallels to what's going on in Hollywood etc.

agreed, decrepit old men, always going after the wild, shrewd, untamed "meat". really draws parallels to what's going on in Hollywood etc.

Not to mention these zombie men are often wearing little clothing, or open clothing, or otherwise exposing parts of themselves to the women on the show without consent, as they approach them making lewd noises, often blocking their path. It's pretty disgusting, but also very necessary to paint an accurate picture of what women & immigrants have to go through in today's America

lol This show is so fucking terrible. Good lord.
So we went from episodes filled with boring ass, redundant conversations that go nowhere to episodes with mindless action where people I dont' know , nor care about get killed.

Why were all those mutant zombies there?
A full grown tiger is not getting merked by a bunch of decomposing corpses. lol why did they even have the tiger in the show to kill it off in such a useless way?

The FIRST thing I thought of when Carol was in the midst of her "difficult" decision of whether to save Zeke, or let the Saviors take the guns was....shoot the fucking tires so that the guns can't leave the area!!! Ridiculous.
And there was a point where Carol Bourne was right behind all of those fuckers when they were loading the guns into the truck where she could have wasted them all, and instead she opened fire at some random ass time. What kind of plan was that?

All of these fill-in side actors are TERRIBLE. They are so obviously amateur it is absurd.
and lol at Rick jumping into that guys truck so effortlessly at like 90MPH
<36><36><36>

Last edited:
lol This show is so fucking terrible. Good lord.
So we went from episodes filled with boring ass, redundant conversations that go nowhere to episodes with mindless action where people I dont' know , nor care about get killed.

Why were all those mutant zombies there? A full grown tiger is not getting merked by a bunch of decomposing corpses. lol why did they even have the tiger in the show to kill it off in such a useless way?

The FIRST thing I thought of when Carol was in the midst of her "difficult" decision of whether to save Zeke, or let the Saviors take the guns was....shoot the fucking tires so that the guns can't leave the area!!! Ridiculous.
And there was a point where Carol Bourne was right behind all of those fuckers when they were loading the guns into the truck where she could have wasted them all, and instead she opened fire at some random ass time. What kind of plan was that?

All of these fill-in side actors are TERRIBLE. They are so obviously amateur it is absurd.
and lol at Rick jumping into that guys truck so effortlessly at like 90MPH
<36><36><36>
bro what part of no spoilers did you not understand? the tiger sacrificed itself so its master could get away. other then that you have a point but I've gotten on this train and I'm not getting of until the bitter end!

bro what part of no spoilers did you not understand? the tiger sacrificed itself so its master could get away. other then that you have a point but I've gotten on this train and I'm not getting of until the bitter end!
Oh shit, my bad.
I just noticed that written in the title. It's usually assumed that if you're in the thread, you've watched it.
i'll make alterations... lol but what's the point of having a thread about a show where you can't talk about what happened?
and yea, despite how terrible it is..im still watching

How long should we wait to discuss how bad the episodes are? When the season is released on DVD?

Oh shit, my bad.
I just noticed that written in the title. It's usually assumed that if you're in the thread, you've watched it.
i'll make alterations... lol but what's the point of having a thread about a show where you can't talk about what happened?
and yea, despite how terrible it is..im still watching

How long should we wait to discuss how bad the episodes are? When the season is released on DVD?
lol I'm sorry. I was just being petty cause he was bashing muh show mang!

InB4, "people are just cutting the cord/nothing to do with show being shit" excuse, by supporters.

I knew the premiere was lower than usual, but damn, that's a staggering drop in viewership, in such a short amount of time.

I remember the other one "people will stick around, even if it is just to hate on the show..."

Looks like A LOT of them didn't.

The gunfights are long and drawn out and people don't get killed when there is automatic rifle bullets going everywhere. Carol is pinned down by 5 Saviors and they aren't smart enough to provide cover fire while someone goes around and flanks her? I guess they did fall for the old "I can help you, don't shoot" routine.

And definitely LOL at shooting the jeep with the .50cal and still having the thing run. That .50col would tear that $hit up!

Finally. Why the hell did Rick jump into the other vehicle? Why didn't he just drive up beside him and shoot the driver in the chest? And then after he jumped in he stabbed the guy and then decided to jump back out and let it crash? Now you might have damaged at least one of the guns and you have no way to transport them!

It's so bad you would think it's made on purpose.

I believe the true gem lies in FTWD. There is so much they can do with the setting. Them not being restricted to the comic allows for so many possibilities to explore. A creative team of people could keep it interesting for years to come.
I have a somewhat different take. The Walking Dead has strayed from the comic MANY times. I only watched the first season of FTWD and it wasn't nearly as good as the first season of TWD, so I stopped watching after that. The interesting thing for me is that FTWD gets about 1/4 the ratings of TWD and still gets renewed, so it sort of shows just how long TWD can go on for...

I have a somewhat different take. The Walking Dead has strayed from the comic MANY times. I only watched the first season of FTWD and it wasn't nearly as good as the first season of TWD, so I stopped watching after that. The interesting thing for me is that FTWD gets about 1/4 the ratings of TWD and still gets renewed, so it sort of shows just how long TWD can go on for...
YEah, TWD isn't constrained by the comic at all.
There is plenty of stuff added and deleted in the show that wasn't in the comics.

Here is the main problem I have with Sunday's episode.... We had about 3-4 people tell us how good it was and that we needed to watch it, so we finally did last night.

Once you stop mindlessly accepting that this is a good show just for the sake of it being popular and start poking holes in it, you seriously just can't stop. Hell, I don't even know if it's enjoyable anymore to the wife and I, but we are invested now so....
  • King's speech - shut the fuck up
  • Carol's shootout - The guys shooting her SERIOUSLY went through HUNDREDS of rounds WHILE she was behind the truck. They just kept mindlessly shooting instead of saying "Hey guys, more of us than her, let's just stand here aimed at her, pop her when she stands up". Having to pick between King and weapons? Shoot the fucking tires out of their jeep then save the king dummy.
  • Rick and Daryl vs 50 cal - looks like a video game where someone handed the kid the controller, and the kid couldn't shoot shit. As some have stated, 50 cal vs jeep = bye bye jeep.
  • Pit of Toxic Zombies - There is a 20 foot by 50 foot area infested with zombies in the woods. LETS NOT WALK AROUND THE FUCKING PLACE, LETS WALK THROUGH IT!!!
The good?
  • HOPEFULLY Ezekiel knocks his whole charade off now
  • Jerry cut a dude in half and called Ezekiel dude twice
  • Stupid tiger is dead
  • We get Neegan back next episode
I am TRYING to stick with it guys!

Ok, watched the most recent episode, and I gotta say the car chase and Carol hiding in the ceiling were redeeming points.

I don't get how they decided to walk through this tiny ass pit instead of around, and they were almost out, not like Shiva had to save them or whatever. Lotta dead weight in the cast (and writing) and they've gotta do some cleansing. I'm just thinking about how half the cast could die and I wouldn't give a shit. Ezekiel, Jerry, Jesus, Gabriel...and the interesting dudes like Simon get two lines and a minute or two of screen time every 8 episodes or so.

Ep 3 highlights, another masterpiece.

1zecq61.jpg
useless gay romance with some of the worst actor ever.
30xkkgj.png
8 seasons in, can't deal with Rolling zombies lmfao
2v3snm0.png
wtf ?
15g6ooo.png
i'm a warrior
mli13t.png
I did not EAT THOSE PANCAKES!
35mfuci.png
Go back to your room !
291dxzq.png
TBT
el5mxw.png
No you don't
How many fucking outposts are out there too ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back