What dish can you cook really good?

Pasta, veggie stew, king of omelets, lemon garlic tilapia that'll make you slap yo momma!

for real? :O what cut(s) of beef do you use, what noodles, what sour veg, and what spice ratios?

i love this but its difficult for me to find tendony beef

My wife was taught by an old lady who a bunch of people said had the best beef noodle soup shop in Taipei, and being a big fan, I made it a priority to learn. It's legit, and all my Taiwan friends say it's amazing. Where I live now, we mostly use chuck because it's convenient. I forget the cut that we used to buy a few years back, but I would probably recognize it if I looked through some stuff online or asked my wife. I never could find it anywhere here where I live now though. I've tried to use a bunch of different cuts, brisket, shank, but chuck seems maybe best I have tried here. May I will try to experiment with some different cuts of meat in the future. Spices have a bunch of crap. Cardamon, fennel seeds, star anise, ginger, peppercorns, others. I have a handwritten recipe. I would need to check to get the exact amounts. I found even the brand alcohol you use changes the taste quite a bit, so we order the same brand of whiskey online just to make the soup with. Noodles are usually handmade. I've tried to make the pickled veggies, but it's easier to just buy them or leave them out. I also like some carrots and baby bok choy in mine. Carrots are awesome on day 2 after they've become super tender and soaked up a bunch of brown spicy broth.

Last edited:
Oh, you live in LA? I bet there are good places there. I lived in the Bay Area for years, but never found any really superb spots.

My chili is really good. Simple, but delicious.

I’ve made meatballs for a few work things and people seem to love them. Super simple, I think people are just generally surpised they are from scratch.
Same here with the meatballs. Found a great recipe that I kinda do my own thing with and they're so damn delicious.

The secret is mixing ricotta into the meat mixture.:eek:

My wife was taught by an old lady who a bunch of people said had the best beef noodle soup shop in Taipei, and being a big fan, I made it a priority to learn. It's legit, and all my Taiwan friends say it's amazing. Where I live now, we mostly use chuck because it's convenient. I forget the cut that we used to buy a few years back, but I would probably recognize it if I looked through some stuff online or asked my wife. I never could find it anywhere here where I live now though. I've tried to use a bunch of different cuts, brisket, shank, but chuck seems maybe best I have tried here. May I will try to experiment with some different cuts of meat in the future.

Cross rib roast is what you want for the beef. My dad is Taiwanese and makes an awesome version of the dish, he went through pretty much every cut of beef you can get from a cow and found that cross rib roast was what gave the best combo of texture and flavour. It's a bit easy to overcook though so you can't just stew it for 3 hours or whatever and call it done, you need to cook it for an hour or 2, then turn the stove off and let it air cool for a few hours before putting it in the fridge overnight so it soaks in all the flavours. Then reheat it the next day and serve.

Oh, you live in LA? I bet there are good places there. I lived in the Bay Area for years, but never found any really superb spots.
LA -> louisiana ;D

yeah ive usually eat it with baby bok as well. sometimes this other veg called a-choy in english or sometimes taiwanese choy works really well too. never tried making that sour veg before either

I saw this recently but not sure what to make of it. I don't really like scrambled eggs, so I haven't had a strong desire to recreate these.

I did this but without the creme fraiche. Best eggs I ever had. Adding salt early draws the liquid out and makes like hard egg kernels. But if you don't like scrambled eggs then it's probably not for you.

I can cook my eggs and omelettes and have them look like what @Pugilistic is talking about and not be runny shit like what Gordon makes in this video.

He burns the toast, for God's sake.
It's not runny. I did it without the creme and it's incredible. Adding salt early draws out the water and leaves you with egg kernels.

It's not runny. I did it without the creme and it's incredible. Adding salt early draws out the water and leaves you with egg kernels.
I did it without the creme as well. Also without the stainless steel pot, i just cannot get it to not stick at the bottom. It's next to impossible for me.

I did it without the creme as well. Also without the stainless steel pot, i just cannot get it to not stick at the bottom. It's next to impossible for me.
Yeah, me too. I don't know what those TV chefs use but I've never been able to cook scrambled eggs without them sticking just a bit.

My cooking is all keto. My pizza and sesame chicken are legit af.

DMNmT63VoAAZDtz.jpg

DLF4j15U8AA4SYm.jpg:large

Both of these look awesome, what do you use for the pizza base?

Any chance of sharing the recipes?

Back