TUF 26 (A New World Champion): Weekly Updates - Daily Talk

I disagree with this. The ability to truly inspire works better than trash talk sometimes. She is real to the max. If UFC eskews their normal way of promotion, she could be a mainstream darling.

And the geeks should be truly happy that one of our own has a title. Sure, should she beat Barb (which would be a very difficult fight for her) I do not think she will hold it long (really, I expect Shevchenko to dominate at 125, she is just so damn small for 135) but it would be great to see UFC gold around her waist. Particularly given how much she has put into MMA.

(yes, I too am a geek)

And the geeks should be truly happy that one of our own has a title. Sure, should she beat Barb (which would be a very difficult fight for her) I do not think she will hold it long (really, I expect Shevchenko to dominate at 125, she is just so damn small for 135) but it would be great to see UFC gold around her waist. Particularly given how much she has put into MMA.

(yes, I too am a geek)
Yeah Shevchenko is a beast and a real talent and roxy doesn't have that athletic ability to hold the belt. Nevertheless, what a great story and visual it would be if she wins the tourney.

Yeah Shevchenko is a beast and a real talent and roxy doesn't have that athletic ability to hold the belt. Nevertheless, what a great story and visual it would be if she wins the tourney.

Agree on both points. Huge Roxy fan, as she is such a great example of overcoming just about everything to do well. But it will be great to see Val fight women roughly her own size. Hell, in the last interview she gave, she said she walked around at 136, which is less than some straw-weights. So she will not be huge at 125. But she was dwarfed by Nunes and Holm.

Agree on both points. Huge Roxy fan, as she is such a great example of overcoming just about everything to do well. But it will be great to see Val fight women roughly her own size. Hell, in the last interview she gave, she said she walked around at 136, which is less than some straw-weights. So she will not be huge at 125. But she was dwarfed by Nunes and Holm.
Big admirer of Valentina and was looking forward to a super fight with Joanna with mma rules. But i guess we might have to wait a while longer.

Big admirer of Valentina and was looking forward to a super fight with Joanna with mma rules. But i guess we might have to wait a while longer.

Still thinks Val takes that. Both have improved, but Val has a greater arsenal and such mastery of distance and timing that I do not see JJ having much of a chance. She does not possess a credible threat as a grappler, and lacks a size advantage (they are about the same size, and fought at 125 in MT). Still would be a great fight.

I would also like to see Antonia drop to 135 and make it to the UFC. Sure, she does not have as many MMA fights as Val, but she sure is one hell of a striker. (and since I am wandering far off top, before that I want to see her fight Jorina Baars - will be one of the best KB/MT female fights of all time).

Yes look forward to seeing Valentina at 125. She's in a good position now especially with Rose's win over Joanna J.

Impressed with Sijara, Nicco & Montana as up & comers and vets Roxy & Barb. Adding some from other promotions along with those who may go up or down in weight, 125 will prove an exciting competitive division!

along with those who may go up or down in weight

It's crazy the numbers already booked to fight at fly: Davis, Carmouche, Eye, VanZant, Calderwood, Rawlings, Lee, Faria, Cachoeira, Borella, Kish, Kim, Rose-Clark, Chookagian.

Add in girls who want to move or should move like Shevchenko, Pudilova, Mueller, Macedo and there'll be hardly anyone left at Bantam

It's crazy the numbers already booked to fight at fly: Davis, Carmouche, Eye, VanZant, Calderwood, Rawlings, Lee, Faria, Cachoeira, Borella, Kish, Kim, Rose-Clark, Chookagian.

Add in girls who want to move or should move like Shevchenko, Pudilova, Mueller, Macedo and there'll be hardly anyone left at Bantam

Maybe not too many, but it will still be a better class than 145.

Valentina Shevchenko can be competitive at flyweight
do to the fact she'll only be giving up minimal weight to
most of the girls in the division since the division averages
140-145 lbs with most promotions that feature it.

In case you missed that kick - feel bad for DeAnna who seems to be in control until she makes one mistake and it costs her

I only just caught up with the last 2 episodes.
That was wasted on a TUF 1/4 final, if she'd done that in a real UFC that was $50k.

LOVE Roxy! Hope she’s in the final, although that Sijara girl is scary.

Lauren Murphy is horrific!

Yeah, so glad for Roxy that she's doing well on the show. She's concentrating on herself and on good strong finishes. Her first time on the show she was so empathetic toward other contestants that she got stressed and lost emphasis on herself. It's really great seeing how much she has matured toward a more vicious fighter and on a personal level toward worrying mainly about herself. Roxy is one of those rare persons who literally everyone likes and appreciates. After Sijara's brutal KO of Deanna Bennett Roxy approaches Sijara and says something along the lines of 'I respect & appreciate your skills, look forward to a good fight with you.' Roxy deserves all of the good will that everyone gives her now - she has earned it and she conducts herself in accord with her great nickname: The Happy Warrior.

DeAnna Bennet can burp in my face whenever she wants. I might have to roll my skin and glaze these knuckles one of these days. With respect of course

(yes, I too am a geek)
I'd really love to see Roxy pull it off, beat Barb, and defend vs Valentina. I just think Barb isn't a good match up for her. That being said, I'd also be really interested to see Honchak vs Schevchenko.

I somewhat fear that Honchak may retire before facing a top contender if she wins the belt though. Chookagian, Carmouche, Schevchenko, Davis, and Andrea Lee are likely to be among the first top 5 contenders at 125. I don't think any of those fights are too winnable for the TUF winner.

I disagree with this. The ability to truly inspire works better than trash talk sometimes. She is real to the max. If UFC eskews their normal way of promotion, she could be a mainstream darling.
Roxy could definitely amass a large cult following/fanbase. I could see it being similar to the following Mighty Mouse has, on the smaller side but still really passionate.

I wouldn't worry too much about 135! There's a lot of interesting new prospects (and old ones who continue to improve) who are coming up.

Yes look forward to seeing Valentina at 125. She's in a good position now especially with Rose's win over Joanna J.

Impressed with Sijara, Nicco & Montana as up & comers and vets Roxy & Barb. Adding some from other promotions along with those who may go up or down in weight, 125 will prove an exciting competitive division!

I agree. In fact, I think 125 will become the glamour women’s division in the UFC within a few years. There is no real division at 145. Nunes has not generated buzz with her reign in 135. We will see whether Rose can attract the casuals at 115.

So, apparently, Dern accidentally revealed one of the finalists.

Eubanks. They better have a backup option ready with her weight issues.

I figured she was one when she changed managers to Ali. Ali don't mange anyone unless he feels like they have potential to make a lot of money and Sjara was not going to make a lot of money unless she was close to a title shot.

I agree. In fact, I think 125 will become the glamour women’s division in the UFC within a few years. There is no real division at 145. Nunes has not generated buzz with her reign in 135. We will see whether Rose can attract the casuals at 115.
I feel like the UFC has missed out on a chance to create regional stars in their women's division.

are we sure that Dern did not just misspeak? At this point Eubanks likely has a UFC contract locked up, win or lose.

Wait... that would mean she beats Roxy, right?
:(

Back