Should alcohol be illegal?

I don't know about that, but I really question this 'war on prescription opioids' when alcohol abuse is a much larger problem in this country.

Congress should outlaw alcohol again tomorrow. It's highly addictive, has no medicinal value, lethal withdrawals, a cause of great social strife. Something tells me though it would be the death of the bullshit interpretation of the commerce clause that we live under.

Its addiction potential, list of diseases it causes, number of people it kills both through disease and other ways, suffering in people it doesn't kill, etc. is unbelievable.

We ban other drugs. Why not alcohol?

Maybe, but we tried that once, and it led to organized crime with so mich power that the FBI and federal government feared them.

They should just let the people manufacture it, like weed. Maybe just wine, and abolish everything else. Alchohol is insane, it fuels so many deaths every year.

Yes.

Because we need more organized crime, death, and corruption.

giphy.gif

not illegal, because that doesn't really work, but it shouldn't be promoted

People need liquor to destress or else they will go crazy and things will be worse

Ireland has this shit figured out

I don't know about that, but I really question this 'war on prescription opioids' when alcohol abuse is a much larger problem in this country.
The other day I popped an oxycodone & washed it down with some Jack Daniels. Woke up 2 hours later & couldn't feel my legs. Talk about a good time.

if alcohol was illegal then we would all just find other ways to slowly kill ourselves.

they can make it illegal, but people will just produce it at home since it is so easy to manufacture. the government would lose massive tax money. they would never make it illegal, especially considering how much money they make by regulating and taxing it.

Yep, in this case it's something that the government wouldn't even see as an option. They just need to let up on weed though.

Side note: I had a buddy back in Afghanistan that tried to make alcohol by doing some stuff using canned fruit. Didn't work at all.

https://www.drugabuse.gov/related-topics/trends-statistics/overdose-death-rates

Among the more than 64,000 drug overdose deaths estimated in 2016, the sharpest increase occurred among deaths related to fentanyl and fentanyl analogs (synthetic opioids) with over 20,000 overdose deaths.

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-facts-and-statistics

An estimated 88,0008 people (approximately 62,000 men and 26,000 women8) die from alcohol-related causes annually, making alcohol the third leading preventable cause of death in the United States. The first is tobacco, and the second is poor diet and physical inactivity

Fact Check: True.

Also not factored into this body count: Something like 50% of homicides involve alcohol (perp is drunk, victim is drunk, or both).

People need liquor to destress or else they will go crazy and things will be worse

Ireland has this shit figured out

They really lay the tax on liquor. That surprised me when I was there. Most bottles were easily twice the price as something you'd find in the States.

Side note: I had a buddy back in Afghanistan that tried to make alcohol by doing some stuff using canned fruit. Didn't work at all.

sanitization and sealed fermentation are extremely important to attain a safe drinkable finished product.

My dad always said "you dont need alcohol to have a good time......it does however guarantee a good time"

We need to keep the young people away from it. So maybe we should make the drinking age limit to 30 then 40 then 50 and eventually a complete ban.

Back