Is Tyron Woodley the best 170'er we have ever seen?

No Matt Hughes? Please drink bleach.

No kidding. TS is deluded to say the least. Hell I'd put Jake Shields and Ben Askren above Woodley any day. Let's see Woodley beat Hendo like Shields did....

I would put Woodley at the very bottom of the top 10 and that's only because he knocked out Lawler.

And where is Rory? The guy who made Woodley look completely outclassed? Or Nate the guy that knocked him out?

Woodley's claim to fame other than KOing Lawler is fighting a guy twice that relies on kicks and was too afraid to throw them for fear of the takedown and a 40 year old BJJ guy with zero standup that tried to take him down 23 times.

FailingGoodnaturedBuffalo.gif
And Sylvia ko'ed Ricco Rodriguez for the belt. So what?

Remember when he looked like an amateur against Rory?

The guy has good wrestling and an overhand. Nothing more.

Because GSP has never 50-45'd anyone in his career.
Which is more than you can say for Woodley; GSP dominated those fights, Woodley needed luck from the judges- his fights were very close, and could well have gone the other way.

All you have to do is look up Hughes' and Shields' records, who are worse than GSP both head-to-head and record wise. Woodley's done well in the last few years though.

No, he lost twice to wonderboy, and he's more of an anti fighter than a fighter.

Evidently he has what it takes to be the champ but let's not forget how he got dominated by Rory. I don't think he's the best WW out there but he's in the top for sure even if his fighting style is boring and safe.

Crushed Maia, and crushed Wonderboy twice.

His resume is basically as good as GSP's at this point.

tumblr_ogknkvVFUR1vu6duzo4_500.gif
Not even close.Maia had short camp, in the second fight with Wonderboy he won 2 rounds.GSP had better boxing kicking, wrestling and he was more active on the ground.

But he's boring.. Let's just face facts.
The guy is a dull fighter..

I cant get over him for lossing a stand up fight to Jake Shields. That 1 fight alone has ruined Tyron Woodley for me

Lol its funny you say woodley is getting decisions
Well, i didnt quite wanted to say gifted decisions, like in the first Wonderboy fight, he lost that one 3-2, that 10-8 scoring is nonsense in a fight that is only 5 rounds, let alone on 3 rounds fight, thats for 12 rounds boxing. Following fights have been snoozefests.

I haven't seen Tyron get hit in the balls yet, pick someone up and carry them across the cage. Furthermore, laughing stock that person by RNCing them for the 2nd time, when they tried to RNC you in that same match only to fail.

Woodley has a great run so far in the UFC but...c'mon man...
Rory toyed with him...

Back