John Oliver: No Big Issue of ANTIFA Assaulting 'White Nationlist' Protestors

PastThePoint

'Merica Belt
Banned
Reaction score

Starts at 6:20 and ends around 7:30

Pretty effing disgraceful. This guy equates ANTIFA attacking protestors in Charlotsville (regardless of what kind) as "kicking Hitler in the balls with Crocs on" and this having no implication of one of the protestors running a car through the ANTIFA crowd. Pretty sure, if ANTIFA did not show up to start the fight with protestors, the tragedy could have been avoided.

I always wondered if the show has any real credibility, well, it never did clearly. Just leftist talking point regurgitation.

snowflakes-kill-nazis.jpg

Lmao at vegan, transgendered, liberals beating up Nazis.

Quality show, people should watch all of it not just the snippet tard ts says

Quality show, people should watch all of it not just the snippet tard ts says

This. I don't like the leftist spin on it, but it's still really good regardless. You learn a lot from these. The one on retirement accounts was particularly good.

Well, to be fair, the nazis had harassed the people of that town a whole day by the time antifa and others came. Surrounding a fucking church that had a large black membership, and other horseshit.

Who do you guys think ts is an alt for? Who, out of the recently banned, or left, do you see him being an alt for? My bet is Reanimator Reagan.

This. I don't like the leftist spin on it, but it's still really good regardless. You learn a lot from these. The one on retirement accounts was particularly good.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Noah, Klepper, Kimmel, or (mostly) Colbert, but Oliver's show really does go into decent depth on a lot of important issues. Pretty impressive, actually.

Well, to be fair, the nazis had harassed the people of that town a whole day by the time antifa and others came. Surrounding a fucking church that had a large black membership, and other horseshit.

Who do you guys think ts is an alt for? Who, out of the recently banned, or left, do you see him being an alt for? My bet is Reanimator Reagan.
If you go around with a torch wielding mob proudly bragging about how you want black/brown/asian/hispanic and other slightly mixed ethnic people in your town kicked off their own property and evicted from your country you're kind of asking for violence aren't' you?

If I owned property in the area and had mixed racial parents and I saw that angry mob walking past my house I wouldn't exactly take kindly to them.

Last edited:
If you go around with a torch wielding mob proudly bragging about how you want black/brown/asian/hispanic and other slightly mixed ethnic people in your town kicked off their own property and evicted from your country you're kind of asking for violence aren't' you?

If I owned property in the area and had mixed racial parents and I saw that angry mob walking past my house I wouldn't exactly take kindly to them.

It's so weird, hearing people give quarter to fucking nazis. What an odd fucking time. Not to excuse Red Brigade 2.0, but Jesus, they're nazis harassing a town they're not even a part of!!

He was talking about condemning something without a whole bunch of whataboutism. You are kind of making his point for him. Good job..

Excellent article featured in The Atlantic explaining why smug, sneering and self-righteous fucktards like John Oliver, Trevor Noah and Samantha Bee helped to get Trump elected:

How Late-Night Comedy Fueled the Rise of Trump

...somewhere along the way, the hosts of the late-night shows decided that they had carte blanche to insult not just the people within this administration, but also the ordinary citizens who support Trump, and even those who merely identify as conservatives.

Trump and Samantha Bee are on different sides politically, but culturally they are drinking from the same cup, one filled with the poisonous nectar of reality TV and its baseless values, which have now moved to the very center of our national discourse. Trump and Bee share a penchant for verbal cruelty and a willingness to mock the defenseless. Both consider self-restraint, once the hallmark of the admirable, to be for chumps.

When John Oliver told viewers that if they opposed abortion they had to change the channel until the last minute of the program, when they would be shown “an adorable bucket of sloths,” he [Oliver] perfectly encapsulated the tone of these shows: one imbued with the conviction that they and their fans are intellectually and morally superior to those who espouse any of the beliefs of the political right.

5754703_b14a92aabd26d881cf966b96f0e7ee73.png

<3>

It's so weird, hearing people give quarter to fucking nazis. What an odd fucking time. Not to excuse Red Brigade 2.0, but Jesus, they're nazis harassing a town they're not even a part of!!
The most disburting thing I've seen in recent years is the 'new right' who dominate youtube on the 'right wing' side of youtube giving a free platform to the white nationalist/supremacist crowd.

The white identity movement has been around for decades and have tried to co-opt every single right wing movement in the USA for decades. Any right wing movement with half a brain like the Right libertarian movement kicked these guys out the door. But the new right wing post-truth Trump lunatics have snuggled right up to them.

@Devout Pessimist

You hang around in these circles more than anyone here and apparently despise identity politics?
Lauren southan and others might say they are not white nationalists but online they act as though they are for the patreon bucks.

Last edited:
Don't you love when someone makes a thread then disappears into the night?

The most disburting thing I've seen in recent years is the 'new right' who dominate youtube on the 'right wing' side of youtube giving a free platform to the white nationalist/supremacist crowd.

The white identity movement has been around for decades and have tried to co-opt every single right wing movement in the USA for decades. Any right wing movement with half a brain like the Right libertarian movement kicked these guys out the door. But the new right wing post-truth Trump lunatics have snuggled right up to them.

@Devout Pessimist

You hang around in these circles more than anyone here and apparently despise identity politics?
Lauren southan and others might say they are not white nationalists but online they act as though they are for the patreon bucks.

I no longer watch Lauren Southern's videos or anyone connected to her or the so-called alt-right. I initially got into Southern when she was with Rebel Media (which I no longer watch) and mainly antagonized feminists. I stopped watching her once she left the Rebel. She kept getting stranger as time went on. The only people I consistently pay attention to on YouTube these days are Jordan Peterson and Camille Paglia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just because you shoot a lot of Nazi's in video games does not mean killing your political enemies is a good idea.

Then we can rationalize killing Communists, NRA supports, Vegans, or silencing any other voice a group deems "destructive" or "too dangerous."

Not to mention, how humans work is that we tend to define and label a lot of groups that we dislike as Nazi's, Communists ECT.

NRA enthusiasts or Pro-Choice activists could easily be assaulted, abused, or sent to a progrom to be "dealt with" reducated, exectued, or whatever hysterical final solution the newest ugly authoritarians find.

A healthy society, no, a good society... does not do violence to anyone for what they say or think.

ANTIFA don't just attack Nazis and the actual the far-right. They have spent the last year attacking anyone who happens to be in their way. These people include ordinary Trump voters, public speakers with a different opinion to them and often just innocent bystanders not even part of any protest or political group, who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

ANTIFA are violent thugs no more defendable or likeabel than the KKK. People like John Oliver are a disgrace and very much part of the problem.

Back