Duterte's War on Drugs

There are surveys being conducted? By the Barang-Gays?
Yeah, they want to know everything about you.....I've escaped that nonsense now and live in Cebu. Very popular among the trashy low class DU30 supporters to hate white people these days.

Yeah, they want to know everything about you.....I've escaped that nonsense now and live in Cebu. Very popular among the trashy low class DU30 supporters to hate white people these days.

I guess that is the basis of those surveys that says Duterte still has majority approval rating, I did not know that they do those sorts of surveys in the provinces

not where I'm at. I'm in iloilo city. No military presence here.
lol...who said anything about military presence? Not gonna quarrel with you, but you are merely confirming your bias. Have a nice trip...sincerely, I mean that.

lol...who said anything about military presence? Not gonna quarrel with you, but you are merely confirming your bias. Have a nice trip...sincerely, I mean that.

Oh and he better not get "caught" by the "Lag Lag Bala Gang" at the airport or else we might have some problems with the USA if they detain a US Citizen illegally.

qotw_duterter_inside.jpg

But your dear Prime Minister said he is concerned about EJKs so Duterte must watch out!

I emphasized the people-to-people ties between Canada and the Philippines and the great connection there but I also mentioned human rights, the rule of law, specifically the extrajudicial killings being an issue Canada is concerned with, - Justin Trudeu

Read more: http://globalnation.inquirer.net/16...-31st-asean-summit-human-rights#ixzz4yPEvuYXG
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

There are a lot of poor people in the Philippines. And a lot of stray dogs.

he a pussy for taking the easy way out of a hard problem

But you westerners are so offended when we eat dogs! :(:(:(

I actually think you should be able to eat dogs. Western people don't understand. If they see a dog in the US it's somebody's beloved pet that's like a member of their family. If it's out in the street then they'll try to find their collar and get them home. But go to the Philippines and that dog is no one's property. It's just roaming around with all the other stray dogs that no one wants. And there are so many of them. People should be allowed to eat them and westerners shouldn't be offended. It's like how there are orange trees all over here. If you want an orange take an orange. In the Philippines if you want to eat a dog take a dog.

Perhaps one of use can post statistics showing how many deaths occurred due to alcohol withdrawal and how many of them occurred due to heroin overdose? Pointing out that a person CAN die from alcohol withdrawal doesn't mean much when people are not dying of alcohol withdrawal as much as people dying from heroin overdose.

Considering I've posted statistics that are easy to google and contest (alcohol and violence rates, capture rates etc) and all you've contributed statistic wise is an anecdotal story about your home town I think it's your turn to pull out the google.

May I suggest you compare the total deaths from alcohol to the entire illegal drug group rather than comparing OD's to withdrawal deaths which really proves little about the harm.

Well, I'm not talking about tobacco which I've never heard anyone dying over except for certain cancers linked to cigarette smoking. But I've yet to hear of a cigarette overdose or someone pulling a home invasion to come up with the money to get a pack of smokes.

And I listed tangibles as opposed to what ifs or possibles. We'll get better traction that way imo.

I beg to differ. You are looking at it from a "self bodily harm" pov. I was looking at it from a "the harm addicts do to others to get what they want" pov since the beginning of this conversation. Even mad man Duterte never cited the self harm argument. His thing seems to be the harm that drug addiction does to people other than addicts and society as a whole. At least that's what he claims publicly.

I'm inclined to agree with you but I would not be surprised if I were to look into it and find out that junkies looking for a fix also accounted for those numbers. That number maybe too big for one city or even one state, but for the entire U.S. it's totally possible. And let's not forget that illegal substances are also included in those numbers so we don't know how many of those 10,000 or so DUI deaths were cases where the guilty parties were under the influence of something other than alcohol. But it's like you said, the INTENT is what separates the two. A DUI death is considered manslaughter while a death during a robbery or home invasion goes to as murder. But if it were up to me people who drive while under the influence would receive the severest possible punishment. I think those people are inconsiderate scum.

<30>

Well for the record I VEHEMENTLY disagree with Duterte's program with the lack of due process especially since some people are supposedly dealt with based on suspicion alone which is really fucked up. But I'll say again that no one on earth (including Portugal which I'll get to below) has come up with a viable and "serious crack down" solution to drug addiction and the problems that drug addiction imposes on a given society. It's a shame that some people become so desperate that a solution such as Duterte's sounds almost practical.

I'll put it to you in a way that you should understand. Let's say my professional mma record is 20-0 with only 4 KOs. That's a boring ass resume, no? Now let's say that instead of only 4 KOs the rules were changed to where if I knock a fighter down more than once over the course of a fight then that is recorded as a knockout! And I managed to knock at least 17 out of 20 opponents down two or more times during the fights so now my resume looks lovely; 20-0 17 wins by KO. See the what I did there?

What I am saying is that Portugal has decriminalized recreational drug use and reduced certain drug possession crimes to "minor offenses". OF COURSE this will make the numbers look differently than what they did before Portugal started this thing of theirs. But my MAIN POINT is that Portugal is essentially doing something which I believe Duterte refuses to do which is essentially placating drug addicts instead of trying to clean up their country and completely rid themselves of illegal drug use. Big difference between the two approaches so really shouldn't eve be compared if you ask me. That too helps change their statistics. It's better than nothing sure but as long as you still have broke and jobless drug addicts needing money to pay for drugs, certain amounts of drug possession as still being criminal offenses and people competing for drug business, you will still have ALL of the problems that come with these no matter what "official numbers" say. The Government of the United States has "official numbers" concerning the sexual assault rate in this country. Do you think even for a second that those numbers REALLY reflect the total number of sexual assaults that take place here? Every country fudges their numbers to look better to the rest of the world.

I was going to break this up again but I hate multi-quote messages and this is kinda pointless. You're looking for a serious crack down and dismiss any alternative action as placation. Do you actually want make a dent in hard drug addiction or sit on your high horse about how bad it is because you seem to dismiss and ignore facts on whether or not they fit this very narrow simple criteria.

No serious crack down no anything is going to completely remove the drug problem. You seem to believe in this fantasy world where there's no drug addicts. Drug prohibition has been around almost 90 years and in the hundreds of different countries trying their own various efforts absolutely none have completely succeeded. Nor will anyone anytime soon.

Duterte said in the beginning this would take a few months. It continues even now but it won't last because it's not sustainable. Causes other massive problems mainly in the economy.

Stop being an idealist. This world with out drugs from prohibition has been an abysmal failure in every nation in all of recorded history.

Set achievable goals.

For those who don't know Rodrigo Duterte, President of The Philippines, has decided to approach the war on drugs in his country by executing drug users.
You got any source on this? Because afaik, Drug pushers & dealers are getting executed by their higher ups to remove potential witnesses....and drug pushers & dealers use drugs as well. Media in the philippines are ran by different parties and depending on which way the media is leaning on...they can easily put a swing on the news....and tone down drug dealers as merely users...to make Duterte look bad.

You should fly to the Philippines and tell him that yourself....he's one President you don't want to fuck with...

You wouldn't want to fuck with any president. They are all surrounded by bad ass soldiers\body guard that would kill you in a second. 1 on 1 though I'd fuck this guy up.

You wouldn't want to fuck with any president. They are all surrounded by bad ass soldiers\body guard that would kill you in a second. 1 on 1 though I'd fuck this guy up.
idk about that. for sure if it's fist fight. the guy is old...but i believed he's the only president who admittedly said...he has stabbed someone or killed someone...or something to that effect.

But your dear Prime Minister said he is concerned about EJKs so Duterte must watch out!

Justin "Socks" Trudeau is a brainless, spineless, self-righteous virtue-signalling idiot. Fuck him.

Justin "Socks" Trudeau is a brainless, spineless, self-righteous virtue-signalling idiot. Fuck him.

Justin Trudeau is an inspiration, he will help Duterte get the Canadian garbage out of the Philippines.!

Considering I've posted statistics that are easy to google and contest (alcohol and violence rates, capture rates etc) and all you've contributed statistic wise is an anecdotal story about your home town I think it's your turn to pull out the google.

LOL, you're being emotional and silly. I AGREED with you about the number of alcohol related deaths in America but I also pointed out that DUI deaths were included in those statistics and that none of them stem from an alcoholic robbing or killing someone to get money for a bottle of liquor. Some of those DUI deaths ALSO INCLUDE drivers under the influence of an illegal substance. Do you deny this and can you prove it if you do deny this? Either prove otherwise or quit your bitchin'. Remove drivers under the influence of something other than alcohol and see how many DUI deaths you have. I'm sure that the vast majority of those deaths will be alcohol related but the fact remains that the numbers do change of you take out the other DUI perpetrators.

May I suggest you compare the total deaths from alcohol to the entire illegal drug group rather than comparing OD's to withdrawal deaths which really proves little about the harm.

May I suggest you do the same? Drug overdose deaths in America reached 59,000 and may have slightly exceeded that number. And this is just overdoses alone. How much bigger are the drug deaths if we factor in the murders committed by users and dealers alike while participating in this drug world? What the hell are you talking about?

I was going to break this up again but I hate multi-quote messages and this is kinda pointless. You're looking for a serious crack down and dismiss any alternative action as placation.

Read my posts again. I said that PORTUGAL'S METHOD is essentially placation. I did not say that ANY ALTERNATIVE action is placation. Portugal's approach is only ONE alternative and I aired my views on that approach. You cannot point when or where I ever said that ANY alternative approach is placation. If you're going to try to quote me please do so accurately and if you're going to read my posts please read them carefully so you will know what you are talking about.

Do you actually want make a dent in hard drug addiction or sit on your high horse about how bad it is because you seem to dismiss and ignore facts on whether or not they fit this very narrow simple criteria.

Do YOU want to make a dent in hard drug addiction or go into emotional tirades on internet forums as if your life depended on winning or losing an internet debate?

No serious crack down no anything is going to completely remove the drug problem.

Maybe. Maybe not. I started this thread by asking a couple of questions. What can work that hasn't been tried yet? Is there a better way to clean up a society of drug addiction other than what Duterte claims is being done in the Philippines under his administration? We won't know for sure if something can completely remove a drug problem until human beings have tried everything they can possibly think of and put into action.

You seem to believe in this fantasy world where there's no drug addicts. Drug prohibition has been around almost 90 years and in the hundreds of different countries trying their own various efforts absolutely none have completely succeeded. Nor will anyone anytime soon.

You seem to be emotionally triggered for whatever reason. As far as the remainder of the above quote you can kindly read my post directly above it.

Duterte said in the beginning this would take a few months. It continues even now but it won't last because it's not sustainable. Causes other massive problems mainly in the economy.

And it has been pointed out already that IF these so called executions really are taking place in the Philippines it may not have anything to do at all with the drug problem but just a smokescreen that Duterte is using to crackdown on the population and get rid of people who aren't pro Duterte. I know that is very, very, very possible in the dirty world of politics. And if this is the case I will be the first to say it won't work because that's not the true purpose of the agenda.

Stop being an idealist. This world with out drugs from prohibition has been an abysmal failure in every nation in all of recorded history.

Set achievable goals.

Stop being emotional on the internet and read my following words very carefully for once....

I know that it is impossible for this world to be completely 100% drug free. There are people who manage to somehow involve themselves in drugs and alcohol in Saudi Arabia. However, there are extremely harsh penalties involved if they get caught. Those harsh penalties is why the overall drug and alcohol scene in Saudi Arabia don't even come close to what we have here in the U.S. There's a reason they don't have massive DUI deaths there as we do here. In fact, since you claim to be such good friends with Mr. Google how about you look up the DUI laws in Saudi Arabia. After you do that look up their death by DUI statistics.

Here, I'll give you a head start. This website ranks every country of the world according to cause of death. Have a look at where America ranks compared to KSA in both alcohol and drug related deaths (by using the menu bar in the upper right) and try to be unemotional enough to ponder on why they each rank the way that they do.

Final word: If you can't discuss things with people without getting bent out of shape (and out of nowhere on top of it) then perhaps you should find something less triggering to do in your spare time. Friendly advice.

Back