Asst. District Attorney threatens Uber driver with false crimes, hits him...

For the lawyers here @panamaican @Zankou

To be an Asst. D.A. , does one need to be academically sharp and do most Asst D.As come from top ranking schools? I suppose it all depends on the size of the county or city? To compare extremes, an Asst D.A. in the Manhattan D.A's office is a far cry from being the Asst. D.A. in some rural MidWest small town ?

Depends. Federal prosecutors to be much higher lever than the state prosecutors, and big city prosecutors are much better than rural, on average. But there are exceptions to to this, and it’s not uncommon to run into a razor sharp assistant DA or a lackluster AUSA.

Pretty sure it’s the title of their prosecutors, and they go by ADA as their title.

In some places they are DDA or deputy district attorney. The Dallas second in command is first DA or something, and the second in command in a place with DDA is called the ADA.

Shit gets confusing but I’m fairly certain she’s just a regular prosecutor.
DDA is a Demand Deposit Account.

1510445536-platt.jpg

Platt drove two more passengers, but ended his shift early because of the "negative vibes," he said. He decided to post about the incident on Facebook

lol

But on the real, glad she's fired

I can't side with the Uber driver 100% since he got lost. And instead of fixing his mistake he just parked and told her to get out.

He's alone with a drunk attractive woman who's angry and already using her position of power to threaten him. I wonder if another reason he pulled over and called the cops and started recording was because he was afraid she'd accuse him of sexual assault/harassment

taxi drivers should record every passenger, and post a notice saying they are doing it, dont want to be filmed? stay sober and drive yourself

This is one of those few times I agree with firing someone over personal time conduct.

The most widely accepted definition of corruption is “the use of public resources for private benefit”.

Leveraging her public office to attain a desired result in her private life certainly qualifies.

He's alone with a drunk attractive woman who's angry and already using her position of power to threaten him. I wonder if another reason he pulled over and called the cops and started recording was because he was afraid she'd accuse him of sexual assault/harassment
I think its one of the policy for uber drivers to record everything that happens in the car because of jackasses like these that accuse the driver of misconduct. It helped that one guy few years back when a drunk sorority chick tried to accuse the driver of rape. I think there should be stricter punishments for false accusations like that

Dallas assistant D.A. Jody Warner berates, hits, threatens Uber driver with kidnapping charge , tells him she is "knows people" and use her official position to intimidate him.

---
According to the Uber driver, the fare said the below comments.

"He says Warner threatened him that he was 'never going to work again and told him she 'knows people.’ "

'"Who are they going to believe? I'm a district attorney,"' the ride-sharing driver quoted Warner as warning him."

‘Oh, my God, you're going to regret this so much,' Warner says in the audio recording obtained by the Morning News.

She later calls the driver 'a f***ing idiot,' 'a legitimate retard' and 'stupid.'

‘I want to go home so badly but you’re so stupid I want the cops to come so that they can f*** you up, that’s what I want,’ Warner tells Platt.

Ignoring Platt's repeated demands that she exit his car, Warner is heard in the audio telling him: 'I'm an assistant district attorney so shut the f*** up.'

---

The Uber drive recorded some of the conversation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5078829/Uber-driver-claims-prosecutor-berated-hit-him.html
He sounds like a bad person... he definitely shouldn't have done that.

Fine, I'll post it
SiU3D6i.png

would
Nope. You mistreat people in the service industry and your the lowest of the low to me.
If you don't like your service don't tip and don't go back. No need to ever be rude.

I can't side with the Uber driver 100% since he got lost. And instead of fixing his mistake he just parked and told her to get out.

I still see this as 100% her fault and she should be let go.

With an attitude like hers, fuck her. She ain't worth my dick.

She has a affluenza personality. Obviously comes from money, and her looks have become a detriment to her growth. It's only reinforced her shitty attitude and ability to grow as a human. Most likely due to men kissing her ass.

She's the type that NEEDS to be cheated on.
Agreed until "cheated on".

Nobody should ever soil themselves by fucking her.

I still see this as 100% her fault and she should be let go.

Oh true. I don't think this guy will be punished at all. That being said, if he got lost AND had a gps that what the the heck was his problem.

I think you missed this part.

Platt said it escalated after Warner told him to change directions from the route his GPS directed him to go and he got lost.

“I said, ‘Should I make a left up here?’ and she refused to answer me,” Platt said. “She said, ‘You can follow the [expletive] GPS' and she became increasingly angry, even though I was just trying to get her home.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dal...es-lost-uber-driver-kidnapping-rant-night-bar

An Asst. District Attorney was arraigned today by that other Asst. District Attorney she kind of has a crush on. Sources familiar with the matter are reporting that she believes she still has a chance., though her inability to successfully hail an Uber in the future might be damaging to her personal life. At press time it was being reported that she placed a lewd photo before the prosecutor and quietly whispered "Give me a lift?" to the legal professional.

Back