Three UCLA students released after shoplifting

Mark Hunts FIST

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
And we have someone to thank for it.
Your president.

These morons decide to shoplift in China. Lulz.
He must not have known those players were black?

Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott
"We are grateful for the role that our Chinese hosts played, and for the courtesy and professionalism of the local authorities. We also want to acknowledge UCLA's significant efforts on behalf of their student-athletes. Finally, we want to thank the president, the White House and the U.S. State Department for their efforts towards resolution."

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...ayers-detained-china-set-return-united-states

Trump got that Lamo Ball kid back into the US?

Impeach him

Lol. Get accepted in university because you are tall and can shoot a ball, go to a foreign country to display your skillz, think it's a good idea to shoplift in China, get saved by the president. Lucky mofos.

They should have been flogged first and then released.

Trump helping people who hate him.

aAOiSq0.gif

Will mainstream tv news give this any airtime?

If it was something negative for Trump we would be hearing about it on tv right now.

When I read the title I thought they were released from the UCLA.

Should have left them in China if you ask me.

Thats not how it works though. The admin gets the credit. Like Obama "got Bin Laden" as people like to say.

Sure, the admin gets credit.

I doubt Trump did any negotiating here and the article doesn't state it either.

You're making it seem like this was some great feat that no other administration could have accomplished.

It's very common for American citizens to get off the hook for minor crimes in foreign countries when the State Department steps in.

LOL this kind of thing happens all the time it's cute you guys getting all excited though

You're making it seem like this was some great feat that no other administration could have accomplished.

It's very common for American citizens to get off the hook for minor crimes in foreign countries when the State Department steps in.

It wasn't a minor crime. It would be the equivalent of a felony in most (likely all) US jurisdictions. The school should kick them off the team (possible expulsion).

So he didn't do it?
So he did do it?
SO he either did or didn't do it - but somehow the President isn't in charge of the State Department?

Personally I think those kids deserved a bit of jail time in China. Attitude adjustment and it provides a good example for all other US citizens on what not do where you are in a foreign country... especially a country like China when civil right are questionably absent. Those kids were an embarrassment while representing the US on foreign soil and I wouldn't have minded at all if Trump had ignored the request to help these little turds.

But credit Trump for getting them back home safely. I hope the coach tears them a new one for the next few weeks though...

Last edited:
It wasn't a minor crime. It would be the equivalent of a felony in most (likely all) US jurisdictions. The school should kick them off the team (possible expulsion).

Shoplifting, even the felon level, is still a minor crime that usually ends in probation and fines.

You're losing it...lol...make up your mind.

So he didn't do it?So he did do it?SO he either did or didn't do it - but somehow the President isn't in charge of the State Department?

Trump likely didn't do anything personally, and him being the President likely didn't change the outcome, but his State Department did it.

Shoplifting, even the felon level, is still a minor crime that usually ends in probation and fines.

Well, for first offenders that result is certainly possible, but not guaranteed. I'd hesitate to call any crime charged at the felony level 'minor'. It's certainly a more serious charge in China than in the US, sure.

Ultimately, the property was recovered. They disgraced their school and country and should be kicked off the team, imo.

Back