Stop saying DJ is scared of moving up

No he cried because he already signed the contract to fight Ray Borg, and the UFC didn't want to pay MM more to fight TJ.

Also TJ is telling MM to move up to 135, that shows TJ can't make 125...
Literally fake news.

TJ just called his ass out in his post fight victory speech at 125, retard.

MM's safest way to up those numbers is to keep winning at FLW against meh competition. TJ is a threat to that. He wants more money, but he would get more money via ppv points since TJ's the biggest fight of his life. Can't say that's a champ mindset worth supporting.

If Dillashaw doesn't make weight for a championship fight then DJ doesnt have to fight him. I don't understand the "we can't trust he can make 125" argument. Like this one.

Directly after Reis fight he is interviewed by Dom and a few others and spoke at length about how he'd like a rematch after beating the record. He's never been lukewarm about it, he just asked for more money.

DJ has no reason to fight TJ at FLW. If he were asking DJ to move up then that'd be different. There is no risk of anyone missing weight at 135 or even 130. TJ has no claim to a FLW title shot nor does he have any proof that he can make that weight. And no his word is not enough for me. 125 is a hard cut for most dudes his size. Smaller guys still have trouble with that cut.

I'd like to see them fight but UFC has not given DJ any reason to take that fight. If they want it to happen then they need to pay him more.

If Dillashaw doesn't make weight for a championship fight then DJ doesnt have to fight him. I don't understand the "we can't trust he can make 125" argument. Like this one.
Because training camps are expensive. Also, no fight = no pay. DJ loses out on a lot of cash is TJ misses weight.

Because training camps are expensive. MM would be wasting time and money.

He shows up and makes weight and is a champion, he gets paid if he makes weight.

What makes you think there isn't a negotiation on his contract staying such like plenty of champions have done.

If TJ makes weight why would he need that much more financial incentive to fight another FLW?

He shows up and makes weight and is a champion, he gets paid if he makes weight.

What makes you think there isn't a negotiation on his contract staying such like plenty of champions have done.

If TJ makes weight why would he need that much more financial incentive to fight another FLW?
TJ has never made 125. No matter how many times he's made 135 it does not make the cut down to FLW any easier.

That isn't in his contract. He's stated such. He didn't get paid when Borg pulled out. So yes, that is a necessary clause that he needs for this fight.

Because according to UFC and Dana this is "DJ's big fight". If this is his big fight then pay him. Otherwise he has no reason to take the fight over people who he knows can make weight. Pay him and he'll take the fight. It is that simple.

TJ has never made 125. No matter how many times he's made 135 it does not make the cut down to FLW any easier.

That isn't in his contract. He's stated such. He didn't get paid when Borg pulled out. So yes, that is a necessary clause that he needs for this fight.

Because according to UFC and Dana this is "DJ's big fight". If this is his big fight then pay him. Otherwise he has no reason to take the fight over people who he knows can make weight. Pay him and he'll take the fight. It is that simple.

Borg pulling out isn't Borg missing weight and DJ taking or not taking the fight anyways. Borg was the one who didn't want to fight DJ out of shape bc the kid clearly has weight issues.

Link where he stated it isn't in his contract?

So your reasoning for paying him more for fighting another FLW is bc Dana said it's his big fight? Is that it?

And Borg missed weight repeatedly at 125 but MM seemed okay with rescheduling that even with prior weight cutting issues and pulling out vs DJ once already for weight. You aren't making sense.

Borg pulling out isn't Borg missing weight and DJ taking or not taking the fight anyways. Borg was the one who didn't want to fight DJ out of shape bc the kid clearly has weight issues.

Link where he stated it isn't in his contract?

So your reasoning for paying him more for fighting another FLW is bc Dana said it's his big fight? Is that it?

And Borg missed weight repeatedly at 125 but MM seemed okay with rescheduling that even with prior weight cutting issues and pulling out vs DJ once already for weight. You aren't making sense.
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/09/demetrious-johnson-hopeful-manager-can-get-him-paid-for-ufc-215

"Although the UFC is not contractually obligated to pay fighters whose opponents are unable to compete, the promotion often pays out show money when last-minute issues cancel a fight."

If it was i his contract the TJ issue would have never happened.

If this is a fight that is supposed to bring in a lot of money, the biggest of your career, then you should get payed more than your standard. If it is such a big fight then he is right to negotiate for better pay. UFC should pay him. Not a crazy amount like 2 mil, but certainly more than his standard 370k.

We've seen Borg make weight. We've never seen TJ do the same. I want them to fight but fighting at FLW is risky. Do a catchweight or just fight at BW. Or have TJ have a single FLW fight if he insists on that weight. Put him in the rankings for that weight. Done deal.

But whatever. I hope the fight happens. Until it does I don't care to argue with people about it unless it's about how it will go down.

Do you forget he started at 135 in the WEC? or did you guys just start watching the sport yesterday?

He fought Miguel Torres who was legit a top 5 P4P fighter during his prime run.

If the money is right, promise he'll move up...if not, you can stfu. You guys get brainwashed wayyyyy too easily by Dana White.

Learn the history of the sport b4 you open your mouth.
DJ is scared to fight Stipe, he should move up!

MM is running out of options at this point. He should be welcoming a fight with TJ. I think it gives him a lot of opportunities, he can beat TJ and solidify his "greatness," potentially earn more money, increase brand awareness and possible headline an event rather than fighting on the undercards (ha just kidding).

When you celebrate yourself as #1 p4p you need to do extraordinary things.

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/09/demetrious-johnson-hopeful-manager-can-get-him-paid-for-ufc-215

"Although the UFC is not contractually obligated to pay fighters whose opponents are unable to compete, the promotion often pays out show money when last-minute issues cancel a fight."

If it was i his contract the TJ issue would have never happened.

If this is a fight that is supposed to bring in a lot of money, the biggest of your career, then you should get payed more than your standard. If it is such a big fight then he is right to negotiate for better pay. UFC should pay him. Not a crazy amount like 2 mil, but certainly more than his standard 370k.

We've seen Borg make weight. We've never seen TJ do the same. I want them to fight but fighting at FLW is risky. Do a catchweight or just fight at BW. Or have TJ have a single FLW fight if he insists on that weight. Put him in the rankings for that weight. Done deal.

But whatever. I hope the fight happens. Until it does I don't care to argue with people about it unless it's about how it will go down.

Yes we have seen Borg make weight but have seen him miss what an equal amount of times, and most importantly, including a cancelled fight with DJ but he still seemed okay rescheduling that fight. Probably because he knew it was an easy fight.

He wants to get paid for more than likely losing. He has had almost no risk with most of his opponents which is why Borgs weight issues didn't phase him but TJs completely hypothetical weight issues bar him from accepting the fight.

It's a clear duck in my opinion.

Yes we have seen Borg make weight but have seen him miss what an equal amount of times, and most importantly, including a cancelled fight with DJ but he still seemed okay rescheduling that fight. Probably because he knew it was an easy fight.

He wants to get paid for more than likely losing. He has had almost no risk with most of his opponents which is why Borgs weight issues didn't phase him but TJs completely hypothetical weight issues bar him from accepting the fight.

It's a clear duck in my opinion.
I don't see TJ presenting any stylistic issues to stop DJ. It'd be a hard fight but ultimately a very winnable fight for DJ. And Please don't bring up Cruz. That was 6 years ago in his first outing as a full time fighter. It'd be competitive but very winnable for MM especially at 125.

Like I said it's not just the weight and it's not just the difficulty of the fight. It's mainly the money. They were asking him to take a big risk for no reward.

But believe what you want. It is not a duck imo. Hopefully this fight happens so everyone can shut up.

Back