Is this considered stalking?

Drenalin

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been letting my girlfriend use my truck for the past few weeks because she wrecked her car when she was drunk. Now I know what you're thinking & no she will no not drink & drive my truck. Anyway my truck has onstar so I can always see the location of my truck from my phone. Periodically I check it just out of curiosity. She always tells me where she is anyway, but sometimes I still check to see if she's where she says she is. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to see if she's really where she says, but when it's as simple as just opening my onstar app, it's kind of hard not to.

So is that stalking? I'm guessing most people would do the same thing if it was that easy, whether they admit it or not.

You either trust someone or you dont are you looking for a reason to break up or you just cant control looking at it ?

Seems like a weird thing to do to me

It's a little weird that you'd even think to do that. Sounds like trust issues to me.

I've been letting my girlfriend use my truck for the past few weeks because she wrecked her car when she was drunk. Now I know what you're thinking & no she will no not drink & drive my truck. Anyway my truck has onstar so I can always see the location of my truck from my phone. Periodically I check it just out of curiosity. She always tells me where she is anyway, but sometimes I still check to see if she's where she says she is. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to see if she's really where she says, but when it's as simple as just opening my onstar app, it's kind of hard not to.

So is that stalking? I'm guessing most people would do the same thing if it was that easy, whether they admit it or not.

You're a stalker.

she drove drunk, destroyed her car and then she was like "can i use your truck?" and you fucking said yes? god damn man, that is weak

It becomes stalking when you start visiting these places to see if she's hanging out with black dudes or whatever

It's a little weird that you'd even think to do that. Sounds like trust issues to me.
Really? It's not something you really have to think about. I have the onstar app on my phone & it tells me the location. It's not like I'm going out of my way to find out

wmVZoz.gif

I would probably check from time to time if I was in the sort of drama-prone situation that you have described in the past. You're right to check yourself on that because it's an ambiguous thing- you deserve to know but there are limits. I wouldn't hardcode that as a habit, or get addicted to checking it all the time. That could be the sign of a problem.

You either trust someone or you dont are you looking for a reason to break up or you just cant control looking at it ?

Seems like a weird thing to do to me
Well honestly I'd probably do the same thing if I loaned the vehicle to a friend for that long. I do have a little bit of trust issues, but who doesn't. People can't be trusted. That's a well known fact.

I wouldn't consider this stalking, I would consider it smart considering the last car your gf was gallivanting around in got destroyed because she got behind the wheel fucked up... which brings me to my next point, as an above poster already pointed out, it would probably be smarter to just not let her use your truck...

which brings me to my next point, why didn't your gf just call you to come pick her up if she was drunk? She doesn't sound to smart... which brings me to my last point. Why was you "girlfriend" out getting wasted without you? Is she your gf or is she single, because going out, getting fucked up, and then completely destroying your car is shit that single people do. Not people that are supposed to be in a relationship with someone that is supposed to be looking out for them/each other.

she drove drunk, destroyed her car and then she was like "can i use your truck?" and you fucking said yes? god damn man, that is weak
Well she has to drive our daughter around. And yeah I could probably just give her rides everywhere, but that would be a pain in the ass. Not to mention she gets off work at 2:30 am.

Well she has to drive our daughter around. And yeah I could probably just give her rides everywhere, but that would be a pain in the ass. Not to mention she gets off work at 2:30 am.

Well, if you have said no she probably would have learned that driving drunk is wrong and she would also have learned that she had options, seriously how fucking hard is to get an uber when you are plastered? this woman is gonna walk from disaster into cataclism and you wont even know what happened

So the chick that everyone warned you about has already fucked up by driving drunk and wrecking the vehicle? Shocking.

I call it organized. You are organized. Is it stalking to keep a record of where all your stuffs are at? Is it stalking to check up on your subordinates whereabouts?

The most organized organization, law enforcement, always ask where the cops location are. "What's your 20"

Like John Wang mentioned, she is your property and you have the right to know where she is at all times. You care about the truck and wants to know where the truck is. I always want to know where all my properties are at.

I wouldn't consider this stalking, I would consider it smart considering the last car your gf was gallivanting around in got destroyed because she got behind the wheel fucked up... which brings me to my next point, as an above poster already pointed out, it would probably be smarter to just not let her use your truck...

which brings me to my next point, why didn't your gf just call you to come pick her up if she was drunk? She doesn't sound to smart... which brings me to my last point. Why was you "girlfriend" out getting wasted without you? Is she your gf or is she single, because going out, getting fucked up, and then completely destroying your car is shit that single people do. Not people that are supposed to be in a relationship with someone that is supposed to be looking out for them/each other.
I touched on this a little bit in post #16. And I never let her drive drunk. She rarely even drinks without me. She wrecked her car when she went back to her hometown for her 10 yr HS graduation anniversary. I couldn't go with her because I was also out of town for a bass tournament. I told her over & over again not to drink & drive. She did anyway & she drove into a ditch. She called me while she was still in the ditch & talked her through everything she needed to do. It,wasn't even a bad wreck but enough to do a lot of money in damage to her car. I've saved her ass from driving drunk many times. It's kind of hard for me to do when I'm like 200 miles away. And i know she isn't driving my truck drunk so that's not a concern for me.

Back