Is it really combat jiu jitsu without slams?

someoldguy

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I love the concept, but a slapping koala gets parked on his back...

Are they not allowed? I sort of assumed they were.

if you can slap people you can slap a mat

It was so cringy and dumb to be honest lol.

I really liked the slap-jitsu. I thought it would be silly to watch but I like how it changes the action. I like how pulling guard gets your face smacked up now. Sub defense/offense is changed now as well. I hope this grows in popularity. Like Eddie bravo said, it's nice for jiujitsu guys to have this venue where they can test their skills under a rule set that mimics more realistic action without having to worry about getting brutally KO'd.

I really liked the slap-jitsu. I thought it would be silly to watch but I like how it changes the action. I like how pulling guard gets your face smacked up now. Sub defense/offense is changed now as well. I hope this grows in popularity. Like Eddie bravo said, it's nice for jiujitsu guys to have this venue where they can test their skills under a rule set that mimics more realistic action without having to worry about getting brutally KO'd.

Is it really combat jiujitsu without armor and swords?

There's got to be rules somewhere.

I've heard of catastrophic injuries just in training from innocuous "slams" not higher than knees so I can see there's a safety issue there.

I've always been of the opinion though that if you f'ed up and let yourself git picked up because you didn't control posture or didn't hook a leg on a triangle, you let go or suffer the consequences. I guess they're taking the consequences out because they don't want a risk of those injuries because in a professional environment, some just decide to hold on.

Back