Stoker's Dracula 1992

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
One of my favourite gothic horrors (very few out there) of all times. Can watch it number of time and never got enough. Wish there was more movies like this.

Outside of Tom Waits I really didn't enjoy this one for whatever reason.

pNYFqu.gif

Great movie, but Keanu's acting was godawful in it.

One of the best from the 90's.

And why in the FUCK was this not in the OP?
eb53eeb0674e4dd8d29d21aba71bfa4e.jpg

It's basic principle to post this GIF in any thread about Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Keanu made Gary Oldman look like a total amateur in it

Very flawed film, Coppolla is an over rated director. Yeah, I mean it. The Godfather & Apocalpse Now are over rated.

The best thing about this film is the sexuality, that gif posted by the other user is quite nice, other than that it is cringetastic. I think it was too 'artsy' looking, too stylish. It hasn't aged well in that regard, they look like cheap wigs and over done sets.

The acting from some of the leads was poor.

But you know what, I'll maybe give it another go.

I think for the most part, people remember this being better than it actually is.

Not that it's all that bad, but it's pacing is all over the place, and has some truly cringe worthy performances. It's got some very iconic imagery, and scenes, but as a whole, it's kind of a mess. My memory before I watched it more recently would've given it an 8/10. Now, it's about a 6/10.

I think for the most part, people remember this being better than it actually is.

Not that it's all that bad, but it's pacing is all over the place, and has some truly cringe worthy performances. It's got some very iconic imagery, and scenes, but as a whole, it's kind of a mess. My memory before I watched it more recently would've given it an 8/10. Now, it's about a 6/10.

I watched it for the first time like a year ago.

Keanus performance is notorious. Absolute cardboard incarnate. Awful.

Oldmans Dracula performance is over rated. Hopkins was a joke as Van Helsing. Ryder was middling as Mina.

Even it's beautiful sets and costumes now look a bit dated and false and as you say the pacing is a bit off.

I'm gonna' rewatch it again anyway. I'm always done to give films a few chances. But I thought it was just alright when I saw it, very bad in some ways, but it had it's strong points for sure.

It's a great film, and one of the best of the vampire genre. Oldman turned in one of his most powerful performances here, and despite Keanu and Wynona laughably being cast in their roles, the performances and direction all delivered. The film touches very strongly on notes of metamorphosis and loss. The ideals of the characters - their notions of humanity and virtue - are strongly tested as they must transcend what they had once believed to combat the curse of dracula to save the souls of a woman already lost, and one more about to be. Furthermore, the sound, the cinematography.. all simply epic.

It's a great film, and one of the best of the vampire genre. Oldman turned in one of his most powerful performances here, and despite Keanu and Wynona laughably being cast in their roles, the performances and direction all delivered. The film touches very strongly on notes of metamorphosis and loss. The ideals of the characters - their notions of humanity and virtue - are strongly tested as they must transcend what they had once believed to combat the curse of dracula to save the souls of a woman already lost, and one more about to be. Furthermore, the sound, the cinematography.. all simply epic.

gid_selection_16.gif

Back