An LAPD officer accidentally filmed himself putting cocaine in a suspect’s wallet

Yeah there have been several cases where police officers accidentally recorded themselves planting drugs. There was one in Baltimore recently too.

When Kaepernick talks about the mistreatment of African Americans by police, this is something that people should talk about. It's not just shootings, it is general mistreatment and extreme mutual distrust.

What I don't fully get is why the baggie was on the ground. I'd think maybe it fell out of the wallet first and then they put it back where it came from, but they testified that it was in the suspect's shirt pocket. Did one cop subtly toss it to the ground so it could then be picked up and planted?

how is LA not bankrupt from all these scandals? taxes.must be insane there.

acts like these undermine law and order to society. cop should get life in prison or maybe even death penalty.

maybe im a bit pissed after watching though

That doesn't convince me that they planted drugs on him.

Thats actually a good reason to riot imo.

rs_320x240-161114142252-angry-mob-o.gif

What I don't fully get is why the baggie was on the ground. I'd think maybe it fell out of the wallet first and then they put it back where it came from, but they testified that it was in the suspect's shirt pocket. Did one cop subtly toss it to the ground so it could then be picked up and planted?

It may have fallen out of the suspects wallet, or it may have been planted by the police officer. We don't know.

But either way, this is what we know 100% for sure. The police officer lied on the police report and said he found drugs in the victim's front pocket.

Why lie? Why not just say you found it on the ground next to the dropped wallet? The fact that he went out of his way to create a narrative is disturbing to me.

That doesn't convince me that they planted drugs on him.

I think the fact that he turned on the camera after the whole planting is good enough for me.

Yeah there have been several cases where police officers accidentally recorded themselves planting drugs. There was one in Baltimore recently too.

When Kaepernick talks about the mistreatment of African Americans by police, this is something that people should talk about. It's not just shootings, it is general mistreatment and extreme mutual distrust.

mHM3DMk.jpg

giphy.gif

It may have fallen out of the suspects wallet, or it may have been planted by the police officer. We don't know.

But either way, this is what we know 100% for sure. The police officer lied on the police report and said he found drugs in the victim's front pocket.

Why lie? Why not just say you found it on the ground next to the dropped wallet? The fact that he went out of his way to create a narrative is disturbing to me.

Exactly. Why lie? But clearly they did, which makes me reject on principle that the baggie did indeed fall from the wallet.

I think the fact that he turned on the camera after the whole planting is good enough for me.

Blatantly lying on the police report and doubling down with court testimony pretty much cinches it for me.

I think it could be enough reasonable doubt to drop the drug charge, but not to charge the cop. The DA already has the suspect screwed for the gun and the hit & run, doesn't need the drugs charge anyway. I'm not saying that cops never plant drugs, but it's really hard to prove.

I think it could be enough reasonable doubt to drop the drug charge, but not to charge the cop. The DA already has the suspect screwed for the gun and the hit & run, doesn't need the drugs charge anyway. I'm not saying that cops never plant drugs, but it's really hard to prove.

They fabricated a police report and then testified in court. We know they lied because it's on tape. There has to be punishment for this, there is absolutely no way to justify it.

I don't see the big deal with planting drugs. I mean how else would you get home to your family?

Dirty police should have to live in Gen Pop.

Cops, like all government employees, need to held to a much higher standard than regular civilians.

If this cop did plant drugs, then he should be severely punished, perhaps even death penalty.

I disagree. A police officer is a serious job. If your lying in court and on police reports you've already shown you can't do this job properly and clearly don't understand the massive amount of responsibility granted to you.

Back