Sage Northcutt is now 3-0 in the lightweight division

You guys expect too much.. probably UFC was to blame for pushing him so hard.. What were MMA goats doing at 18 to 20 years old?

Even in football unless your some freak like Ronaldo/Messi your only really starting to come into your own in your early mid twenties

hi-res-1e3d0b560db4f94514831b9b5c0d4cce_crop_north.jpg

sage-northcutt-and-mickey-gall-face-off-during-the-ufc-fight-night-picture-id630111786

Screenshot-1108.png

Those anabolic I mean alpha genetics you speak of did nothing for him against decent competition. Maybe he will be a career can crusher but that's about it.

he's 20 dude..

Literally none of us can say anything yet.

He's just a baby In this game.

He should be getting easy / buildup fights for the forseeable future

That's the thing. At his age and experience he should still be on the regional circuit grinding his way up.

He's primarily in the UFC because of his potential to draw fans and not to have him poached by a competing promotion.

It's one thing with PVZ where UFC basically lifted Invicta's SW division to their promotion and that's a still developing weight class. Sage competes in 2 of the deepest divisions in MMA(though I assume he sticks to LW going forward) and they repeatedly have had to find among the lowest comp. just to keep him from being .500 or worse.

Checked your history and doesn't look like you've ever posted more then a sentence at a time (barely intelligible typically)...don't worry, Lavar can help you...

6a0a133670dab7f46a82b9bf972b9758--reading-rainbow-the-planets.jpg
what on earth are you talking about

literally 90% of my posts are long as hell..

Kid, you have the Intelligence of a highschool drop out. If anything Is "barely intelligible" It's because you lack basic reading comprehension.

It's painful to read because you're wrong on so many levels to the point where It's not even worth my energy responding to.

Check yourself kid. Your name Is a hilarious joke because you have zero ability In analysis.

You cant even see past your own nose. You see things only on the most superficial level. If you're gonna talk shit to someone Infinitely brighter than you, come up with something better child.

All against people I had never heard of before they fought him.

Looks like the UFC plans to make his career out of feeding him nobodies.

In fairness, that is the best way to build him up. He's not an intriguing prospect for the UFC in terms of talent; it's his potential to be a draw that interests them, and it's only to be expected that he'll be built very gradually and protected on his way up.

And who has he beat?

Francisco Trevino (immediately cut after the fight)
Cody Pfister (cut one fight later)
Enrique Marin (immediately cut after the fight)
Michel Quinones (is going to be cut)

So the prior 3 guys he beat were immediately released (or released one fight later) and the guy he just beat is also going to be cut (and he could only take him to a decision even though the guy is 1/2 the athlete).

The trend here is to feed Sage the worst guys in the division while he builds up his confidence and figures out what kind of fighter he is (he is stuck between being an outfighter and a boxer-puncher, doesn't have the skillset to be either currently).

After a few years I just don't see it; you have to give him someone fringe top 20 to at least to make him relevant and from looking at UFC fighter roster you really have to scrape the bottom range to find guys for him to beat (i.e. #40+).
good post with helpful insights.

He'd beat the so-called champ. Otherwise there are levels to this.

what on earth are you talking about

literally 90% of my posts are long as hell..

Kid, you have the Intelligence of a highschool drop out. If anything Is "barely intelligible" It's because you lack basic reading comprehension.

It's painful to read because you're wrong on so many levels to the point where It's not even worth my energy responding to.

Check yourself kid. Your name Is a hilarious joke because you have zero ability In analysis.

You cant even see past your own nose. You see things only on the most superficial level. If you're gonna talk shit to someone Infinitely brighter than you, come up with something better child.

Seems like you are using your remaining time and energy on this Earth wisely.

Keep it up champ, you’ll get a red belt on all the Internet forums soon!

Maybe LW GOAT within two more fights.

This is the next big superstar:
20140204113030_erick_silva.JPG

He is still young and improving. Good prospect.
Give the kiddo some time.
The Tiger, Hot Prospect, Fountain of Youth, The Kinder Egg Boy, Brazil's Benjamin Buttons, Padawan

not even hit puberty yet

I like his Jesus talk, it really helps save my soul from the bottomless pit of rationality I normally wallow in.

And who has he beat?

Francisco Trevino (immediately cut after the fight)
Cody Pfister (cut one fight later)
Enrique Marin (immediately cut after the fight)
Michel Quinones (is going to be cut)

That makes his victories and further victories twice as impressive cos those people are literally fighting for their job

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back