An LAPD officer accidentally filmed himself putting cocaine in a suspect’s wallet

This is a bit confusing. So some cops decided to bring a bag of coke on patrol with them and with a whole group with cams around, decided to work together unplanned to plant it on someone they've never seen before? Why would they do that when they already had the guy for a hit and run with illegal guns in the trunk?

Hypocrite much?
So why go defending his off topic post ya goof

So you now have called me a goof. And accused him of wanting black people killed. Yet I'm the bad guy?

How do guys like you say such grotesque things yet not get banned? Is it simply because the people u insult do not report you? I mean really, I would think accusing someone of wanting people killed would or should at least bring a yellow

The thing is, this is a situation that really is not Partisan at all.

Fawlty is definitely further to the left than me, and he sees less of an issue with what occurred than I do. He justified his position well, in semi-defense of the police officers. He didn't need to deflect or call me names or anything ridiculous. He actually swayed my opinion slightly.

Regardless of what anybody's political views are, they should be able to comment on a specific incident like this with a level of integrity.
Thanks and I agree that this being non-partisan is kind of a no-brainer, like the abuse stories coming out (except for the Moore stuff, which is just inherently political).

But I defended him against that accusation.

You said he was derailing the thread. Something that has gotten people carded lately. And you did not condemn the guy accusing him of supporting racial murder

This is a bit confusing. So some cops decided to bring a bag of coke on patrol with them and with a whole group with cams around, decided to work together unplanned to plant it on someone they've never seen before? Why would they do that when they already had the guy for a hit and run with illegal guns in the trunk?

They likely did not plant it. But they lied about the chain of events. Likely to make it cut and dry. It being seen on the ground would likely make it harder to convict him on possession

So you now have called me a good. And accused him of wanting black people killed. Yet I'm the bad guy?

How do guys like you say such grotesque things yet not get banned? Is it simply because the people u insult do not report you? I mean really, I would think accusing someone of wanting people killed would or should at least bring a yellow
-"Dear mom, this mean guy on the internet didn't get banned for calling out a stupid post that I was defending. Will you please call the teacher and help me."- SBJJ

I'm white and I have no respect for police. Because it's more than a few bad apples.

POLICE YOURSELVES. Regain the trust of the citizens you serve.

My brother in law and my best friend both have father's they are both black as well.
They are both cops to btw, blue lives matter.
They also understand that crooked police exponentially hurt police and civilian relations and are all for harsher punishments.
So what's your point?

Read Much? I said exactly what you said about corrupt cops. Good for your friends, they are part of the 20% that had fathers.

-"Dear mom, this mean guy on the internet didn't get banned for calling out a stupid post that I was defending. Will you please call the teacher and help me."- SBJJ
GOOD ONE!

You said he was derailing the thread. Something that has gotten people carded lately. And you did not condemn the guy accusing him of supporting racial murder

I began that post by saying that I did not believe that he felt that way. That is a defense. Let's not go down this victimhood path again. I actually defended a guy that was intentionally derailing a thread by GIF spamming me. That's fairly noble, lol.

After I defended the guy by saying I disagreed with the notion that the guy was pro-police corruption or anti-black, I pointed out the obvious fact that he was simply out to derail the thread. He began by responding to my first post with a series of GIFS. Then @Shoemaker questioned him and he went on a long rant about fatherless black kids and inner city violence. That is pretty much textbook derailing.

And black children with no fathers is ignored even more.

Irrelevant in a thread about police planting drugs on someone. This is a "but what about" deflection.

If anything. Police corruption is in the spotlight more than ever. Not ignored at all.

I do agree a swift message must be sent that police corruption will NOT be tolerated.

But hey. We are learning anyone in power can be corrupt.

One thing I've wondered lately. Why does the media and a lot of the public distrust the police departments but completely trust the FBI, CIA, NSA?

Sad fact is we have given all of our LE & Intelligence agencies WAY to much power. And with too much power comes not having to answer for your actions

Agree with pretty much all of that except the first sentence, because in this very thread someone suggested the defeatist position that we shouldn't be talking about it because nothing will come of it anyway. But the rest of what you said is spot on.

I began that post by saying that I did not believe that he felt that way. That is a defense. Let's not go down this victimhood path again. I actually defended a guy that was intentionally derailing a thread by GIF spamming me. That's fairly noble, lol.

After I defended the guy by saying I disagreed with the notion that the guy was pro-police corruption or anti-black, I pointed out the obvious fact that he was simply out to derail the thread. He began by responding to my first post with a series of GIFS. Then @Shoemaker questioned him and he went on a long rant about fatherless black kids and inner city violence. That is pretty much textbook derailing.

But you're cool with him being accused of supporting racial murder

I'm white and I have no respect for police. Because it's more than a few bad apples.

POLICE YOURSELVES. Regain the trust of the citizens you serve.
I have a brother in law who is an officer and has been for over 15 years.
His biggest complaint is that crooked cops exponentially hurt civilian/police relations and they should be punished much harder than they are and that any attempt to have prosecutors or judges go lighter should be punished even harder

Yeah there have been several cases where police officers accidentally recorded themselves planting drugs. There was one in Baltimore recently too.

When Kaepernick talks about the mistreatment of African Americans by police, this is something that people should talk about. It's not just shootings, it is general mistreatment and extreme mutual distrust.
The problem with Kaepernick is that he doesn't understand that it's not a police vs blacks issue, it's class based.

Irrelevant in a thread about police planting drugs on someone. This is a "but what about" deflection.

Agree with pretty much all of that except the first sentence, because in this very thread someone suggested the defeatist position that we shouldn't be talking about it because nothing will come of it anyway. But the rest of what you said is spot on.

Not sure he said it should not be talked about. He just said he laughs at people who get outraged by this but not the bigger problems the Black population faces.

Look man. This place is getting really weird. Someone can't even have a different take on things without being insulted or being accused of supporting murder. Eventually this whole place will just be an echo chamber

His biggest complaint is that crooked cops exponentially hurt civilian/police relations and they should be punished much harder than they are and that any attempt to have prosecutors or judges go lighter should be punished even harder

Similar circumstance here. I have dirty cops in the family. It's fucking disgusting. Not over the top dirty - but dirty with a heavy dose of entitled ego trip. The shit he says....

He should turn in all the crooked cops he knows

The obvious speculation is drugs allow for an asset seizure and the other two charges don't?

Isn't the real problem though that they told a story that seems to be clearly untrue in order to get someone sentenced? If they saw the coke fall out of somewhere why not say that? If they saw it in the street and believed it must have fell from the suspect somewhere then that's what they should say. If they really did pull it from his pocket then how do you explain their subsequent actions with the coke and the wallet?

But you're cool with him being accused of supporting racial murder

This is a strange, random, unfounded attack with absolutely no evidence whatsoever. From here on out, I'll respond only to posts that are true or on-topic.

The obvious speculation is drugs allow for an asset seizure and the other two charges don't?

Isn't the real problem though that they told a story that seems to be clearly untrue in order to get someone sentenced? If they saw the coke fall out of somewhere why not say that? If they saw it in the street and believed it must have fell from the suspect somewhere then that's what they should say. If they really did pull it from his pocket then how do you explain their subsequent actions with the coke and the wallet?

Fuckin Asset Seizure. Worst idea ever

Back