The END of the G.O.A.T. Debate

You do realize fedor fought in pride where steroids were encouraged right?

That means he fought guys who were roided up monsters like Kevin Randleman.

But it was a level playing field so it didn't matter. Nobody was cheating if everything was allowed.

What about UFC with Jones and Lesnar and Anderson? It wasn't encouraged but their fighters did them anyway which was against the rules, therefore cheating. DC passed his drug test but Jones didn't. That's not fair.

Regardless, the UFC is the best organization today, so the GOAT can only be a fighter who fought in the UFC.

Also, you can't compare a fighter who spent his best years in a ring to one who only fought in a cage. Those are two different playing fields, and they have a major impact on how a fight is lost or won.

The best comparison tool is one with the least confounding factors as possible.

How can you compare Fedor to GSP, when Fedor was only good inside a ring, and GSP spent his entire career inside a cage? You can't ignore the difference in the playing fields.

{<huh}

you are very intelligent

1)PRIDE had best HW division. UFC had best WW division. Fedor and GSP win
2)fedor went 10 years and I believe 33 fight winning streak. Fedor wins this easily
3)fedor fought just as many top fighters as GSP and Anderson. He also took some extra fights in between to make money. Hendo, Nog, GSP and Fedor probably have the beat resumes of all time
4) fedor probably finished more fighters than GSP. DJ also finishes a lot of fighters. Fedor definitely had more ways to win than anyone. Standing KO, GNP, sub from top, sub from bottom, decision from outgrappling, decision from outstriking.

Overall: Fedor
PRIDE was fought inside a ring, and the UFC is fought inside a cage. Already, we are talking about a different playing environment that can't be ignored. You need to account for it.

PRIDE was fought inside a ring, and the UFC is fought inside a cage. Already, we are talking about a different playing environment that can't be ignored. You need to account for it.
Yes. I realize that. Very true.

I just think it is funny when people say "Fedor never fought in the UFC" because UFC had Justin Eilers and Paul Buenatello fighting for the UFC title while PRIDE had the deepest and most talented HW division of all time.

{<huh}

you are very intelligent
Let me simplify things for you, Michael Schumacher was a great Formula 1 race car driver. Dale Earnhardt was a great NASCAR driver.

So, who is the GOAT race car driver?

If, my point still doesn't make sense. Then you are not smart enough to bother with and/or you are being hard headed just to defend your position.

Another example, there is a difference given a patient the same drug by IV versus oral tablet. The route of administration needs to be accounted for when you give a medication.

If after all these logical examples, you still don't understand that the cage and the ring need to be accounted for, when comparing two athletes who competed (not only in a different era) but inside a different environment, then I can't help you. You need more academic schooling.

Let me simplify things for you, Michael Schumacher was a great Formula 1 race car driver. Dale Earnhardt was a great NASCAR driver.

Another example, there is a difference given a patient the same drug by IV versus oral tablet. The route of administration needs to be accounted for when you give a medication.

If after all these logical examples, you still don't understand that the cage and the ring need to be accounted for, when comparing two athletes who competed (not only in a different era) but inside a different environment, then I can't help you. You need more academic schooling.

where did i say this?
{<huh}

and thanks for the "cage vs ring" thing ... mr.obvious
<TheWire1>

Last edited:
You could have summed that all up with one word. FEDOR. And you would've said enough

Yes. I realize that. Very true.

I just think it is funny when people say "Fedor never fought in the UFC" because UFC had Justin Eilers and Paul Buenatello fighting for the UFC title while PRIDE had the deepest and most talented HW division of all time.
That is certainly not my argument. My argument is (1) PRIDE was ring fighting (2) PRIDE had very different rules.

In my opinion, UFC and PRIDE are two different sports. It is similar to comparing a tennis player to a badminton player. Logically, it can't be done.

Beat every man he has faced. Fedor had a chance to avenge his losses, what did he do? Came out of retirement to fight fucking 2-0 jaideep (currently 2-3).

18 top 5 wins - Most in MMA history. This is ironic because you would think fedor would have more since his delusional fan base constantly brings up his “10 year undefeated” stretch. How does he not have more top 5 wins?? Because he fought a shit ton of cans during that stretch. Prime example, 17-1 fedor vs 0-1 pro fake wrassler.

It’s not debatable OP, next GOAT shit thread by these insecure fedora fanboys needs to get instantly wastelanded and OP needs to be banned.

That means he fought guys who were roided up monsters like Kevin Randleman.

But it was a level playing field so it didn't matter. Nobody was cheating if everything was allowed.

What about UFC with Jones and Lesnar and Anderson? It wasn't encouraged but their fighters did them anyway which was against the rules, therefore cheating. DC passed his drug test but Jones didn't. That's not fair.
So are you saying that Lesnar/Jones are cheaters because they got caught? Fedor was probably on the same shit but it just wasn’t against the rules of the organization he was in. I don’t get how people can call jones and lesnar a cheater and then call Fedor the GOAT when he was doing the same stuff, just never got flagged for it.

If Fedor avenged his losses, he would be GOAT.

Instead, he's the HW GOAT. Not the overall GOAT.

You should add a sixth point.

Who their equals, meaning people from the sport, consider the best.

Guess who is the GOAT between .ost fighters?

<Fedor23>

The Greatest of All Time for a sport takes into consideration the following.....

1. Peak

- All athletes have a "Peak". In traditional sports its their best season(s). For fighters it is a dominant streak of fights. A time they looked completely unstoppable.

Examples:

- Jordan's 1992-1993 season
- Tom Brady's 2007 season
- Muhamad Ali from 1964-1967
- Fedor 2003-2009

2. Accomplishments

- The hardware earned. MVPs, Rings, Belts, Trophies, etc....

Examples:

- Bill Russels 11 rings
- Henri Richard 11 Stanley Cups
- Jack Niklaus 18 Major wins

3. Longevity

- How long did the athlete stay at the top or close to it?

Examples: None Needed

4. Unbelievable Feats/Wow Moments/Shockers/Whatever the fuck else you wanna call the "it" factor some athletes have

- Those plays, combos, subs, dunks, catches, etc. that you didn't even think were possible.

Examples:

- Ali KO Foreman
- Anderson dismantling of Griffin
- Jordans rock the baby dunk
- Wilt's 100 points

5. Clean and didn't cheat

- If an athlete cheats or gets popped for steroids they are out of the G.O.A.T. discussion. It isn't debatable.

NOW FOR THE MMA PORTION.....

What fighters are top 5 (no order) in each section?

PEAK

Fedor - Fought best HWs of his generation and was undefeated for 10years. Beat fighters at their own strengths. Dominated a division above is natural weight. Had elite finishing ability anywhere the fight went.

Anderson - Most UFC title defenses in a deep weight class. Made peope look dumb lke no other fighter ever has.

GSP - Absolutely dominated his opponents from a tactical aspect.

Conor - Never has a fighter shined as bright so fast. Only person to have to active titles and KO'd the best FW (at the time) ever in 12 seconds. Moved up and KO'd a top 5 LW of all time without even breaking a sweat. Say whatever you want about his personality, but he is a freak.

Jon Jones - Most naturally gifted athlete in MMA. Not in terms of explosion and muscles, but in terms of his ability to learn and apply any technique. He picks up wrestling, judo, BJJ and all the forms of striking faster than anyone I've ever seen.

Accomplishments

Fedor, Anderson, GSP, DJ & Jones

Longevity

Fedor, Anderson, GSP, DJ & Aldo

Unbelievable Feats/Wow Moments/Shockers/Whatever the fuck else you wanna call the "it" factor some athletes have

Anderson's dismantling of Griffin

GSP coming back and beating he MW champ like he did

Conor holding two titles simultaneously after KOing Aldo and Eddie in the brutal fashion he did

Fedor going 10 years without losing a round

Jones tear through the LHW division at its pinnacle. The gauntlet he went through was the hardest any fighter has.

Clean and didn't cheat

Fedor, GSP, Aldo, Conor & DJ

ONLY FEDOR AND GSP ARE IN ALL 5!!!!!!!!!

NOW FOR THE UNDENIABLE, IRREFUTABLE and FINAL ANSWER TO GOAT DISCUSSION.......

1805-fedor_throne.jpg

GSP was a razor thin second place.

Fedor's unbeaten streak isn't that impressive when you consider half the people he fought were freakshow can fights

Every fighter GSP has beaten in the UFC has been top 10 with the exception of Jay Heiron and most were top 5. That's insane

TLDR

P4P it's GSP and it's not even debatable.

In reality (ignoring p4p bullshit) Fedor is the GOAT. The real GOAT has to be a HW.

Nonsense. You think it does because you think size is the most important factor, even though its been proven time and time again that its not. Skill, speed, precision trump size.

I would take GSP over Fedor in their primes any day. HW is simply not as skilled for the weight difference to be that much of a factor, especially for Fedor who was only about 230

You should add a sixth point.

Who their equals, meaning people from the sport, consider the best.

Guess who is the GOAT between .ost fighters?

<Fedor23>

Everyone who said Fedor said so 1) when he was actually beating people and not getting KO'd by MW's) 2) because guys like GSP and Anderson are humble enough not to say "I'm the GOAT".

The vast majority of people in the know (journalists, fighters, ect) agree that GSP is the best

Back