The Sherdog Counter-Strike players club

Status
Not open for further replies.
JW and fnatic still doing ok I hope??

JW has looked better individually this year. No where close to his peak form in 2014. Though he does have instances of showing that in a few rounds within a match.

FNatic as a team are slowly dying. Olof left to go replace Kioshima on Faze and Dennis went back to Godsent, again. They are currently ranked 12th in the world. An the future doesnt look good for the team.

I'll try to later watch vods, especially Faze-VP, since they mention on reddit it was as good as Faze-Gambit, which was tremendous.

dm7ue5gj16uz.jpg

That grand final was tense! Was on par with the ELeague Major final.
(Still dislike BO5's for they are sooooo long).

Whats even more shocking is that it nearly broke 600K viewers. That never happens in a non-Valve Major lan.

So the next Major is in Boston in January yes?

Looks like I'm going to try and get back into watching again and definitely watch all of the Major.

Bad Fallen : )

Cant believe Misfits qualified for the last chance qualifier.

It is not only worst, but even the least competitive region. Hopefully things change for better in next year.

Problem is the lack of median performance by these tier 2, 3 and 4 teams. Its a fucking pendulum half the time when i see these teams play in terms of ability.

Few rounds i saw of Space Soldiers impressed me. Individually all of them looked phenomenal!

I've noticed stream numbers depend more on teams than on importance of match.

I slightly disagree. Teams that are playing, popularity of them does dictate the initial viewers. Entertainment value of the game/series dictates the total viewers.

Wingman was made an official Valve game mode today. So i played my first match:

90E646B8C9F215851EB8458352BF6F50C9E612CE

Opposing player called hacks at the end of the 5th round and then rage quit after i 1v2'd them on round 10...lol

Wingman was made an official Valve game mode today. So i played my first match:

90E646B8C9F215851EB8458352BF6F50C9E612CE

Opposing player called hacks at the end of the 5th round and then rage quit after i 1v2'd them on round 10...lol

So 2v2 is a thing? Like MM?

Interesting....

Got called a cheater all game here, lol:
8D17CB55A1012A26604E675FACC243698CD849C5

Person who was the most vocal I killed with a HE grenade from B site doors in CT Spawn to clinch the 16th round. HE grenade exploded on his chest, lol.

EPL lan starts tomorrow. I'll be cheering for Misfits to not win a single game : )~

Is it the opposite day?!?

Optic just beat SK : /

This always happens at the tail end of the year at league lan matches. An underdog team plateaus upsetting higher ranked teams. Last year at this time it was Optic beating Astralis to win ELeague season 2 and Cloud9 beating SK to win EPL.

Interesting part is that the upcoming 1-1/2 months off till the Valve Major. These underdog teams always bomb out in groups at the event.

With NiP and Optic this is their second to last lan for before taking a 3 month layoff since they failed to qualify for anything else. Players need to perform at their best to justify their roster position.

Semi Finals of;

Fnatic vs Faze
Misfits vs SK

Would be very nice!

Why you hate Misfits?

Started watching Pro CS in 2013. Sean was always referred to as one of the best IGL's. With GobB i can see in the structure the preparation. Sean, its like he has the world greatest publicist when he only had a supportive role in a cult favorite movie.

Probably, for me, one of the most exciting clutches in LAN I've watched live. Really thought Faze were going to come back and win after this. Huge shame.

It seems a lot of people like it by posts on reddit, or is itjust loud minority?

Its a vocal minority. Primarily caused by newer viewers who werent around in 2013-2015. End of season league lans mainly used BO5 finals. Where it was common for them to go the full five maps. Which is a ridiculous 7 hours of watching CS between the same teams.

Lans in 2015 went the BO3 route. EPL, Epicenter and cs_summit are the only lans i can think of that used a BO5 final this year. Cevo lan in 2016 is the only one i can remember that used BO5.

After the NA Valve Minor lan my eye was on Amanek. He seemed to be the player who would be the team superstar. After that BO3 with SK though my opinion of them is back to what it was when they went into the NA Valve Minor lan.

Two new things announced today by Valve regarding the Majors:

1-8 are now called Champions(formerly Legends)
9-16 are now called Legends(formerly Challengers)
17-24 are now called Challengers(formerly Minor qualified teams)

An all 24 teams and players will have stickers along with their revenue.

ELeague also announced: "attendees will be eligible to receive ingame drops by linking their Steam accounts with the RFID badges provided with tickets."

Since im attending im eligible for drops : )

I know it is only semantics, but it grinds my gears.

Liquidity earned from winning or placing second in your regions Minor qualification isnt enough to create stability/growth in these regions.

This is Valves way of telling esports organizations and sponsors to start investing towards further growth. Similar to how the first Valve Major was Valves signal to existing teams/players and outside esports orgs that a baseline was being established. **Prize pool of third party lans matched Valves Majors within 18 months.

Think of it this way. Each player and their team org will receive 50K from sticker revenue. Will that 300K benefit SK and its roster or Space Soldiers and their roster more moving forward?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back