TJ is one of the greatest fighters we've ever seen.

It's true man..

T.J is almost pretty much undefeated.

Dodson stoppage was the worst ever, T.J would have came back and won against him IMO Dodson is nothing special. It was just a knock down.

Then his next two fights are splits... could have gone either way... Cruz fight was a draw IMO.

17-0-1 at the very least

I agree. He's a phenomenal fighter. Really looking forward to seeing him rematch both Cody and Cruz. I thought he beat Cruz in the first fight. Don't know if we'll ever get to see that rematch now. Seems like Cruz can't stay healthy enough to have more than 1 fight per year.

Good news is Cruz did not blow his knees again. Hopefully he can fight in the Spring..

It's true man..

T.J is almost pretty much undefeated.

Dodson stoppage was the worst ever, T.J would have came back and won against him IMO Dodson is nothing special. It was just a knock down.

Then his next two fights are splits... could have gone either way... Cruz fight was a draw IMO.

17-0-1 at the very least

He'd be on his 6th defense if the split decisions went his way. Crazy.

his striking is amazing for how late he started training it.

TJ has really taken his game to another level thanks to Bang. I believe he'll beat Dodson and Cruz in a rematch. Cody still a question mark I picked TJ but was really worried about Cody's power and it almost happened it can very well happen in the rematch. btw he'll kill MM theres almost nothing MM does better then TJ except maybe for submissions.

vVv And here's a guy who is defending Herb Dean about early stoppages vVv

But nah, you're right, I guess it's just me and my personal investment

Fucking imbecile. That post is nearly four years old and was made during a period where Dean was actually reffing consistently and not fucking up stoppages right and left.

Last edited:
Based on what we've seen so far and if he can keep it up, he can definitely go down as one of the greats IMO. He's easily one of the very best fighters in the world today. In terms of skills and effectiveness, he's right up there at the top with really only a couple guys (not naming anybody) and is way ahead of the rest of the roster. He's only getting better, too. The guy is always improving and is one of those fighters that actually looks better every time we see him fight. Usually you don't see fighters constantly improving and truly looking better with each fight like him. Like Urijah and most of TAM said - TJ is extremely competitive and works hard. The way they explained it is basically that TJ is one of those people that's obsessed with being #1. I think this has caused him to get a lot of backlash from fans and all that too. People will also accuse him of PED's because he's a jacked white body, Cody said some shit and what looks like gyno, but that can actually happen without ever using steroids or any sort of PED's whatsoever, it is apparently quite common.

He's dominated guys in the division that are damn near unbeatable (Lineker, Assuncao, Barao once upon a time, etc). Continuing to train with Ludwig was the best decision he could've made and he shouldn't be hated for it. He did what's best for his career which really means what's best for his family. He's clearly very dedicated and works extremely hard, and works with the right people. MMA fighters always spar with very high level partners, you don't really hear of them getting the opportunity to spar with someone like Lomachenko (pretty sure he's also trained with Terrence Crawford as well). I'm actually surprised TJ doesn't have more fans here honestly just because of how good his style is alone. I guess switching gyms is illegal now because once you join a gym you can never ever leave. Apparently you sign your life away once you join a fight gym.

How moronic do you have to be to bring up a fight from 2011 as if it's still relevant? Do you still post the Serra gif when anyone claims GSP is the best fighter?

Its an unusual gif.

Much better to say he got KOed than show a questionable stoppage.

Fucking imbecile. That post is nearly four years old and was made during a period where Dean was actually reffing consistently and not fucking up stoppages right and left.
Listen, just cuz you missed the point doesn't mean you need to call yourself a fucking imbecile.

My post isn't about you being wrong, ya tardburglar. It's about Dodson/Dillashaw being such a bad stoppage that IN a time where Dean was getting shit, the people defending him (you) still say it was an early stoppage. My point was, even for a defender of him, it's an exception people leave out, and I'm using that as evidence that it was a bad stoppage.

...which you said it was. Soooo.. what's the problem?

Agree or disagree? It's crazy to think how good he is, technical and refined in almost every way. World class striking, movement, defense and grappling. His IQ is amazing, evident by his adjustment in the Cody fight. He has two close split decisions losses, both of which could have easily gone his way. Dude could have been on his 6th title defense if they gave him the nod. Only blemish is the loss to Dodson but other than that, ever since training with Ludwig, TJ has been one of the greatest fighters in the world. In terms of skill, he is up there for sure, slowly getting there with accomplishments and resume. I might get flamed for this but imo, he is the top p4p fighter today.
No doubt bro. TJ's striking and movement is second to none. we're talking about a guy that came from a wrestling background, and went through TUF only wrestling, then later on in his career, transformed into what looks like a world class kickboxer. it's incredible.

No doubt bro. TJ's striking and movement is second to none. we're talking about a guy that came from a wrestling background, and went through TUF only wrestling, then later on in his career, transformed into what looks like a world class kickboxer. it's incredible.
It's hard to believe he had a wrestling base. The thing that impressed me the most is he blasted Cody in the pocket, the fact that he listened to his coach after getting knocked down and still adjusting to knock out the more seasoned boxer is amazing.

Agree or disagree? It's crazy to think how good he is, technical and refined in almost every way. World class striking, movement, defense and grappling. His IQ is amazing, evident by his adjustment in the Cody fight. He has two close split decisions losses, both of which could have easily gone his way. Dude could have been on his 6th title defense if they gave him the nod. Only blemish is the loss to Dodson but other than that, ever since training with Ludwig, TJ has been one of the greatest fighters in the world. In terms of skill, he is up there for sure, slowly getting there with accomplishments and resume. I might get flamed for this but imo, he is the top p4p fighter today.

Totally agree. TJ has the it factor for sure.

You get the feeling as a fight progresses he is going to figure the other guy out and finish.

Totally agree. TJ has the it factor for sure.

You get the feeling as a fight progresses he is going to figure the other guy out and finish.
I had that feeling when he was fighting Cody. His fight IQ is very very high.

The three fighters vying for the 135-pound crown easily make that division the most competitive in the sport. They are all great fighters, and on any given night any of them can beat either one of the other two.
This, that bw top 3 can lose to each other on any given night.

Ive said it for awhile now that bw may have the most talented top 3 in mma

Its a pleasure to watch TJ fights!

Back