We've now had 2 GREAT cards in a row. This is the change we needed. This is WME doing their jobs

Agent Mulder's Hair

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been one since the UFC buyout that said "GOOD! Get Zuffa OUT of here!" Zuffa were the guys that put the sport in such a shit spot. They are the ones who gave us crap card after crap card, with maybe 4 fighters MAX that we've ever heard of or give a crap about, and they kept shoveling that crap to us for years while simultaneously insulting us by jacking up ppv prices.

WME has gotten a LOT of heat but imo it's because of the mess they inherited from Zuffa. Zuffa were the ones who didn't create new stars in the last 5 years. Zuffa were the ones who made mma stale and lost droves upon droves of fans.

Are we finally seeing the much needed change in mma that we've been craving for years?! I hope so! And if you add in Scott Coker doing good things over at Bellator, and basically playing PRIDE's Sakakibara to the UFC's Dana White, and giving mma fans 2 worthwhile competitors and different flavors of mma, I am actually (hesitantly) hopeful about mma's future, for the first time in YEARS!

I'm not getting too worked up just yet, although the last two cards were a lot of fun.

This year overall has been dismal.

1 month of stacked cards for 11 months of shit isn't a good year IMO

1 month of stacked cards for 11 months of shit isn't a good year IMO

It'll take time. The point is it's WME that did this. Not Zuffa. I'm hopeful they can bring mma back to, or at least kinda sorta close to, where it used to be. I may be wrong. I hope not, but I may be.

Since I have tickets to 218 I'm hoping the trend continues

go back to doing x-files you moron

go back to doing x-files you moron

tenor.gif

Since I have tickets to 218 I'm hoping the trend continues

They're gonna have to create new stars to continue the trend for long. That was what was great about the last couple cards. Actual names. But a lot of them were over the hill. They can only do that for so long. Time to invest in the future.

They're gonna have to create new stars to continue the trend for long. That was what was great about the last couple cards. Actual names. But a lot of them were over the hill. They can only do that for so long. Time to invest in the future.

IMG_2630.JPG

4th quarter this year was supposed to be the best. Not saying too much but there have been some fun fights of guys that aren't huge names. Some of the free cards were fun this year.

OK. Name another star...
Stupid request, Zuffa invested in this 2 and both became big draws, you was the one saying "they didn't create any new star" what is totally false. Even Pettis was a star 2 years and a half back then and yeah they did it too.

Stupid request, Zuffa invested in this 2 and both became big draws, you was the one saying "they didn't create any new star" what is totally false. Even Pettis was a star 2 years and a half back then and yeah they did it too.

WEC made Pettis.

So what you're really saying is you can't name another star Zuffa created in the past 5 years?

They need to get behind Yair Rodriguez. WHY they decided to match him up with Frankie that early on is beyond me. But Yair is a human highlight reel. If they would just use him properly, there's one star right there.

Frankie made him look like a guy who does YMCA cardio kickboxing every other week

You're right though. Huge missed opportunity coming off the destruction of Penn

Think they'll be doing less PPVs next year as well. The initial schedule shows one a month I think. Will help with card quality

Back