John Oliver: No Big Issue of ANTIFA Assaulting 'White Nationlist' Protestors

That's great on an individual basis. I think the problem here is when it's a huge group cause that CAN become a riot and then more people, some of which aren't even involved get sucked into it and become victims.

That's a failure of law enforcement at the local level.

I can only imagine the hysteria if some sort of national police force was formed to police this.

The problem is the term is used to describe almost anyone who disagrees with a liberal nowadays. I was called a "sympathizer" because I don't condone violence against anyone based on their political beliefs.

I posted earlier a picture of them marching with nazi flags. If you carry the nazi flag, you are a nazi. If you march with the guy carrying a nazi flag, you are a nazi.

If you are disagreeing with me, you are not nessasarily a nazi. Although i do disagree with nazis.

I really can't stand Oliver personally. I agree with him in principal about half the time, but he's too ideological for my tastes and he comes off like a self-righteous know it all. My wife watches all the time, and there can be some funny bits but overall I'll pass.

edit: in this case I think he made pretty good points about whataboutism. I disagree with his position that severity means you can ignore one issue and not the other, though.

Last edited:
We had a war last time the Nazis were allowed to exist. Pretty big one, some schools teach about it.

Because they declared war on us, some schools also teach that.

The problem is that they stretch the definition of Nazi to fit anyone who disagrees with them and equate disagreement by those on the other side with violence. This gives them a license to be violent because they've convinced themselves it's a kind of self-defense.

laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

I posted earlier a picture of them marching with nazi flags. If you carry the nazi flag, you are a nazi. If you march with the guy carrying a nazi flag, you are a nazi.

If you are disagreeing with me, you are not nessasarily a nazi. Although i do disagree with nazis.
And it's illegal to punch someone just because they triggered you.

And it's illegal to punch someone just because they triggered you.

Let's say a man walked into your job wearing a shirt with your mother pictured in an interracial bukkake and he told you she is a good whore said you were next?

Would you punch him?

Let's say a man walked into your job wearing a shirt with your mother pictured in an interracial bukkake and he told you she is a good whore said you were next?

Would you punch him?
No.

<{danayeah}>

You: Waah they should be persecuted

Me: but they are

You: I quit

Me: I accept your concession.

That a few people were prosecuted was not good police work or maintaining order. The clashes should have been prevented to begin with and were temporarily exacerbated by the police in Virginia.

As for winning:

1. I had no idea we were in a competition.

What are we competing for? Honor? Glory? I thought were looking for the truth my friend, a mutual exchange of ideas leading towards further enlightenment.

2. If this is in fact a competition.

I would like to concede by default, because the satisfaction of "defeating" someone with ideas, ideas which were built on thousands of years of hard won human philosophy is simply not my style. A little too disrespectful to the great minds whose experience we have hopefully found and can continue to build upon for a better world.

You are welcome to the victory, and much luck in the Warroom Presidential race.

Oh, it's a non problem. There aren't many of em.
But they're encouraged, as I said, for some mysterious reason that nobody can fathom. And I don't want them emboldened to the point that they're marching in the streets instead of having their meetings on farms.

It's pretty obvious why most of them are encouraged.
People have been crying "nazi" since before there was any evidence that there was anything resembling an actual significant presence of nazi sympathisers in the states. People have been crying "nazi" at anyone who's:
a) White and outright racist;
b) White and whose opinions are too nuanced to easily be interpreted by the dumbass PC culture;
c) White and not kissing the ass of non-whites;
d) White and a Donald Trump voter; or
e) White and an actual nazi sympathiser.

Only one of those was a reason to call a person a nazi - but since rights and responsibility are things that people don't seem to think should go hand-in-hand, no one's been responsible enough to actually consider the words that they allow themselves to say (yes, this also goes for the idiots marching through the streets with big sastika banners).

You want to embolden people to march in the streets like that? Give them free speech and freedom of association, and then give them a reason to think that they're being unfairly targeted, judged or marginalised.

Given that Hillary ran on nothing more than "I'm a woman," that any criticism of Obama led to accusations of racism, and the fact that "whites will be a minority by 2050" is apparently a cause for celebration, it's hardly a surprise that a (not necessarily inherently racist) subsection of white males have been made to feel a bit nervous.
There's a confluence of factors here, but somehow the same people who can divine a plethora of justifications for inner city black crime, completely fail to recognise that a group of white assholes might have a more legitimate reason for their asshole behaviour than just that they're white and stupid.

That the response to their nervousness has generally been something along the lines of "check yo' privilege" or "you're a fucking white male!" while everybody else's ridiculous concerns are treated with the utmost gravity, why on Earth would anyone with half a brain or more not think that there'd be undesirable elements rising up and taking advantage of the fact that there is white, male president?
Especially when that president is in the same boat as them and being targeted with sometimes absurd accusations of sins against political correctness. And especially when, as far as any of them know, that president might be the last one willing to give their concerns any attention.

The logic that calling everyone a nazi and then justifying violence against nazis will somehow keep nazis in check is insane.
You guys aren't dissuading nazi, racist sympathies, you're manufacturing them.

It's pretty obvious why most of them are encouraged.
People have been crying "nazi" since before there was any evidence that there was anything resembling an actual significant presence of nazi sympathisers in the states. People have been crying "nazi" at anyone who's:
a) White and outright racist;
b) White and whose opinions are too nuanced to easily be interpreted by the dumbass PC culture;
c) White and not kissing the ass of non-whites;
d) White and a Donald Trump voter; or
e) White and an actual nazi sympathiser.

Only one of those was a reason to call a person a nazi - but since rights and responsibility are things that people don't seem to think should go hand-in-hand, no one's been responsible enough to actually consider the words that they allow themselves to say (yes, this also goes for the idiots marching through the streets with big sastika banners).

You want to embolden people to march in the streets like that? Give them free speech and freedom of association, and then give them a reason to think that they're being unfairly targeted, judged or marginalised.

Given that Hillary ran on nothing more than "I'm a woman," that any criticism of Obama led to accusations of racism, and the fact that "whites will be a minority by 2050" is apparently a cause for celebration, it's hardly a surprise that a (not necessarily inherently racist) subsection of white males have been made to feel a bit nervous.
There's a confluence of factors here, but somehow the same people who can divine a plethora of justifications for inner city black crime, completely fail to recognise that a group of white assholes might have a more legitimate reason for their asshole behaviour than just that they're white and stupid.

That the response to their nervousness has generally been something along the lines of "check yo' privilege" or "you're a fucking white male!" while everybody else's ridiculous concerns are treated with the utmost gravity, why on Earth would anyone with half a brain or more not think that there'd be undesirable elements rising up and taking advantage of the fact that there is white, male president?
Especially when that president is in the same boat as them and being targeted with sometimes absurd accusations of sins against political correctness. And especially when, as far as any of them know, that president might be the last one willing to give their concerns any attention.

The logic that calling everyone a nazi and then justifying violence against nazis will somehow keep nazis in check is insane.
You guys aren't dissuading nazi, racist sympathies, you're manufacturing them.
I didn't notice anything until there were people carrying swastikas marching in the street, so all that blather, I don't know what you're going on about. The Nazis I saw get called Nazis were Nazis.

Back