Overeem is 6-1 in his last 7 fights

Ngannou made his debut at age 27, with no serious combat sports experience before that. If he beats Overeem it makes MMA look bad.

Not that different than Weidman knocking out late 30's Silva 4 years into his MMA career. He had a great wrestling background but so do many others who don't pick up the other aspects like he did.

What is so bad about the existence of naturals like Jones, Weidman, Ngannou?

We have seen time and again that just because someone has a rapid ascent to the top in MMA doesn't mean they will continue to dominate, the sport calibrates.

He can absolutely lose to Ngannou, but the fact is we don't know what Ngannou is really made of and we know Overeem can and has beaten the best of the best. There's no way he's the underdog.

People say Ngannou hits like a truck..so do pretty much every HW. So does Reem.

Overeem can't really win here..he either gets starched or he beats Ngannou and ppl say Francis was never a legit HW and only beat Arlovski. Eh, I guess it's not entirely true as if he wins they have to give him a rematch with Stipe. There's nobody else.

I think Ngannou is very talented, BUT I am still not 100% sold on him yet, I still think he is quite raw. He hasn't been tested, sure he has looked good in UFC, but no one has really fought back, he has had it all his own way, What will happen if someone actually fights back?. Like Rumble, or Conor with Nate and Floyd, will he just wilt and fall apart. I don't know, but we haven't seen yet.

Overeem is a smart fighter and he is very accurate and obviously has a lot of power. I wouldn't be surprised if he knocks Ngannou out or wins a decision. IF he wins then yeah he must get the next title shot.

Ngannou could have a world class chin and be incredibly durable, but we don't know yet, because he has it all his own way, I want to see how he reacts if someone actually fights back

Overeem is also coming off of a very poor showing against Werdum where he was almost KO'd. The record doesn't always tell everything we need to know.

I think and want Reem to win but unfortunately it's possible he'll be dominating for the majority of the fight than Ngannou will land a sloppy punch and put him down.

I watched that live and didn't notice but how isn't that strikes to the back of the head?

Because that rule is never applied properly and the area that is considered is so small and subjective that I can only think of one time it was applied and it was the first fight of Brock v. Mir.

Hopefully reem stops the hype train and gets back to a title shot

I’ve said it before but I’ll keep on it. It is known that I’m a HUGE Reem fan, but I’ve been on the Ngannou train since his first fight in the UFC. Dude is special.

Reem needs to mind his Ps & Qs here every single second or he’s going to sleep in horrific fashion. I think he’s the better and more skilled fighter than just about everybody but his chin will not allow mistakes. Ngannou is a killer.

If I was a betting man I’d say 65% chance Reem gets KTFO

Overeem is also coming off of a very poor showing against Werdum where he was almost KO'd. The record doesn't always tell everything we need to know.
He solidly won 2 rounds and lost 1 to the other top dog in the division that's not the champ. How is that a poor showing? He survived almost being KO'ed. He gets credit for that not a knock.

You act like Werdum's a scrub.

Ngannou kind of reminds me of Shane Carwin without Division III wrestling creds. His trajectory has been similar as well.

You cant hype a guy who ran from the current champ like it was a marathon and got KOed in the same round.

If any MMA clip deserves to be redubbed with Yakkety Sax, it's this one.

Overeem should win on paper but his glass chin makes this a pick em fight. He simply cannot get into a firefight with Ngannou.

Plus Overeem folds under pressure. When the going gets tough Overeem gives up. We have seen it happen with him over and over again. There are fighters that can take serious damage and come back to win, Overeem doesn't do that. You hit him hard, he basically gives up the fight.

Ngannou is green as hell but I believe Overeems glass chin and weak will add up to him losing. His cardio sucks as well, even now in econoreem mode.

Overeem should win on paper but his glass chin makes this a pick em fight. He simply cannot get into a firefight with Ngannou.

Plus Overeem folds under pressure. When the going gets tough Overeem gives up. We have seen it happen with him over and over again. There are fighters that can take serious damage and come back to win, Overeem doesn't do that. You hit him hard, he basically gives up the fight.

Ngannou is green as hell but I believe Overeems glass chin and weak will add up to him losing. His cardio sucks as well, even now in econoreem mode.
Look for Econo-Reem to take Ngannou down, like he did to Struve. Reem is a complete martial artist and will try employing a patented Jackson Esque Sport Killing game plan to avoid teh power of Ngannou.

I think and want Reem to win but unfortunately it's possible he'll be dominating for the majority of the fight than Ngannou will land a sloppy punch and put him down.

I watched that live and didn't notice but how isn't that strikes to the back of the head?

I can't tell if that's Mario Yamasaki as the ref there, but if so, then yes, those were strikes to the back of the head.

Look for Econo-Reem to take Ngannou down, like he did to Struve. Reem is a complete martial artist and will try employing a patented Jackson Esque Sport Killing game plan to avoid teh power of Ngannou.

Like I said, on paper he should win, vastly more skilled, way more experience. But he has 10 KO losses. And he lost to guys that he should have wiped out easily. He should easily beaten Browne, Rothwell and Bigfoot but they all finished him easily.

overseem has numerous fights when he straight up runs away. yet he is also a pretty great fighter. maybe needs a sports pscyhologist?

I think that one is just Reem pulling a Condit after game planning with Jackson.

Overeem skills are the favorite

Overeem chin is the underdog

Back