An LAPD officer accidentally filmed himself putting cocaine in a suspect’s wallet

I work as an emergency veterinarian...I have seen dogs that are small that have been shot or kicked by cops. I grew up in LA...I absolutely understand the need for us as a community to bring these things to light and I stand with all my fellow citizens in NOT wanting a police state.

Where I stand is that my views changed drastically from liberalism when I lived in the ghetto for 3 years for medical school. I saw a lot of gang on gang violence and it truly broke my heart. While I fully agree there are issues within the police force we are downplaying the issue that is black on black violence.

When I looked around the community for years I also saw a lot of poor hispanic people but I noticed something after living there for 3 years. The hispanics usually had families and I NEVER once saw a black father in 3 years in the ghetto.

Not once did I see a black family just go to a restaurant and enjoy the weekend together but I saw a TON of this with hispanics and other minorities. When the hell did this become something we should ignore?

I remember seeing kids asking their moms for candy and the mom slapping their kids for asking. I remember all the stand up skits Katt Williams and Aries spears...my two favorite comedians would talk about as far as white people (I'm not even white) looking shocked when they see black kids getting hit.

I began listening to black people on podcasts saying they want change...that these kids growing up without fathers is the real issue and that the current statistics are 80% of African Americans grow up without a father.

My two best friends growing up are black...they have no fathers and one of them has a brother in jail for raping and nearly beating a waitress to death.

I understand the barbaric history in America with such hate crimes like Emmitt Till which were the norm in the 1950's. But at some point we have to recognize the best approach to progress is to stop focusing SOLELY on the police and start focusing on the culture that is having 2-4 kids without a father as the norm.

I have NO problem with criticizng police officers...but I cannot accept this lie by the left that this is a bigger issue when less than 250 people die per year at the hands of cops...with the current # being 16 unarmed black men a year and yet 6-7k die per year at the hands of gang violence.

I would even make the argument that the left is perpetuating the lack of progress at this point. There are MANY black conservatives that talk about this stuff.

I dunno man,...I want real progress and blaming cops isnt going to do anything.

I see a strong link between the two issues.

Lack of trust in police leads to less cooperation which leads to worse justice outcomes.

Hear let me math it out for you:

1) If you were born without a father you are 20x more likely to commit crime

2) 80% of African Americans grow up with out a father...it has already been debated with black lives matter and they accept that this is STRICTLY an African american problem. No other culture has numbers like this

3) Approximately 3-6% of this country makes up of African American males that are under the age of 50 and they cause nearly 50% of the homicides in this country

4) 6-7 thousand blacks die per year due to gang violence

5) African Americans are outraged by the police injustice in this country when there is less than 16 individuals out of 330,000,000 Americans that die each year at the hands of police.

If you cant understand this then I dunno how to help you man

16 people killed by cops each seems insanely low. Source?

He first sat, but an ex Green Beret sent him a letter asking him to kneel and he did. I just recently became a fan of his.

*Sigh*

Yeah, I'm sure it had nothing to do with him sucking in practice, knowing he was at risk of being cut because of his eight-figure salary and not contributing much to the team.

Here's the real reason why he started kneeling - money.

BLM and police violence was a huge national issue at the beginning of last season, so kneeling during the anthem to protest police violence was a clever way to threaten the owners of the 49ers, non-verbally saying 'If you cut me, its because you're racist.'

It was a very clever means to collect an eight-figure salary while sitting on his ass for the overwhelming majority of the games, and the games he did play in, he sucked and the 49ers lost easily.

Colin Capernick isn't the next Martin Luther King Jr. He's an opportunist.

Honestly, what do YOU think has been a bigger issue in the last year and a half?

A. Police Corruption Against Minorities.
B. NFL Players being percieved as disrespecting the flag, leading to huge drops in attendance and viewers.

Why do they need to plant drugs now aren't there enough legit drug dealers to arrest?

Dope is a freaking misdemeanor... Really you're going to plant drugs, lie on a report and send some dude through the court system over a misdemeanor?

Like they told us, no suspect is worth destroying your honor, career and life over. Catch them dirty some other time.

Nothing ever will.
Not true at all. I'm not exactly a cop-lover by nature. I just think this situation is too ambiguous to conclude that the cops framed the guy. It's also too ambiguous to conclude that they didn't.

Is this SOP? The ground seems like a bad place to put things you're trying to keep track of. It's the ground, after all. There are things on the ground everywhere.
My question is, is it common police procedure to simply toss all the stuff on the ground instead of setting it on the roof of the car? There was also stuff on the roof of the car
I've found this happen to me a lot of times: I check the content of my pocket, when I pull my hand out, the pocket gets turned inside out and everything flies out landing all over the ground. It could have been such a scenario. Esp. when the bag was so tiny, the cop might not have felt it, but when he pulled his hand out, it came out. That might explain why stuff was all spread out on the ground

Can u post a clip of when the dog was stuck in the vents at school and the cops were shooting baskets and then chief Wiggun walks in as the one cop buries a 3 pointer and he says "good work boys"

That's a personal favorite of mine

I've found this happen to me a lot of times: I check the content of my pocket, when I pull my hand out, the pocket gets turned inside out and everything flies out landing all over the ground. It could have been such a scenario. Esp. when the bag was so tiny, the cop might not have felt it, but when he pulled his hand out, it came out. That might explain why stuff was all spread out on the ground

That would explain it, except for the whole switching his body cam on after putting it back in the wallet thing. Why lie? Why not just say they saw it fall out of the perps pocket? Doesn’t look good.

I disagree. A police officer is a serious job. If your lying in court and on police reports you've already shown you can't do this job properly and clearly don't understand the massive amount of responsibility granted to you.
A lot of the time the cops just don’t take their job seriously and scribble some shit down on the police report. It looks to me like the cops here knew that the coke was his but needed to put it in his wallet to make sure they could prove that he was guilty.

Not true at all. I'm not exactly a cop-lover by nature. I just think this situation is too ambiguous to conclude that the cops framed the guy. It's also too ambiguous to conclude that they didn't.

Which seems more likely, based on your own experiences and this video?
  • The cops showed up with coke to stack a charge on a guy.
  • The cops fumbled the coke and only saw it when it hit the ground and felt justified to assume and fabricate.
  • The cops threw shit on the ground, saw the coke fall, deliberated how it related to the wallet, turned the cam on only after the "evidence" was extracted (and the course of action decided), and ultimately summed it all up with finding it in dude's shirt pocket.
  • Other? :D

To me it looks more like laziness, just leaving out the details on the paperwork because who the hell likes writing reports?
Yet some were calling for the death penalty in here. Lol

Which seems more likely, based on your own experiences and this video?
  • The cops showed up with coke to stack a charge on a guy.
  • The cops fumbled the coke and only saw it when it hit the ground and felt justified to assume and fabricate.
  • The cops threw shit on the ground, saw the coke fall, deliberated how it related to the wallet, turned the cam on only after the "evidence" was extracted (and the course of action decided), and ultimately summed it all up with finding it in dude's shirt pocket.
  • Other? :D
I think closer to 3 is the most likely, but I wouldn't quite characterize it that way. If the dude's stuff was dropped or tossed onto the ground as they arrested him (was it a bit of a struggle or otherwise hectic arrest? Was the arresting cop too worried about the guy's nature to carefully place the evidence somewhere? I dunno), then the action of the cop gesturing down toward the coke, just as the other officer picked up the wallet, would make sense.

The officer could have thought "oh shit I need to turn on my camera, I'm collecting evidence." That would make really good sense if they had been in a hurry to get the guy in cuffs. Something along those lines. If there is any more info on what leads up to the scene, that could make a really big difference. I do find it kind of unlikely that cop A gestures to cop B to grab the inconvenient coke pouch from the gutter while framing the guy. Something is not quite right about that. Plus it's a dude with a hit & run and a gun. There is no need to pin a serious charge to him.

I think closer to 3 is the most likely, but I wouldn't quite characterize it that way. If the dude's stuff was dropped or tossed onto the ground as they arrested him (was it a bit of a struggle or otherwise hectic arrest? Was the arresting cop too worried about the guy's nature to carefully place the evidence somewhere? I dunno), then the action of the cop gesturing down toward the coke, just as the other officer picked up the wallet, would make sense.

The officer could have thought "oh shit I need to turn on my camera, I'm collecting evidence." That would make really good sense if they had been in a hurry to get the guy in cuffs. Something along those lines. If there is any more info on what leads up to the scene, that could make a really big difference. I do find it kind of unlikely that cop A gestures to cop B to grab the inconvenient coke pouch from the gutter while framing the guy. Something is not quite right about that. Plus it's a dude with a hit & run and a gun. There is no need to pin a serious charge to him.

Thanks.

I don't know wtf is going on other than "found the coke in the front left pocket of the shirt" doesn't explain the wallet and baggie on the ground when he's in cuffs and it makes more sense to put his stuff on the top of the car. Also doesn't explain why the cop put the baggie in the wallet.

I'm curious to see how this plays out.

This is a bit confusing. So some cops decided to bring a bag of coke on patrol with them and with a whole group with cams around, decided to work together unplanned to plant it on someone they've never seen before? Why would they do that when they already had the guy for a hit and run with illegal guns in the trunk?
More charges means a higher likelihood of conviction. Also this officer did not realize his cam saves the 30 seconds of film before being activated by the cop. Another cop elsewhere got busted for planting drugs for the same reason.

More charges means a higher likelihood of conviction. Also this officer did not realize his cam saves the 30 seconds of film before being activated by the cop. Another cop elsewhere got busted for planting drugs for the same reason.
Even if he thought his own camera wasn't recording, seems bold in the dumbest way possible to assume none of the other handful of cops had their cameras running.

Even if he thought his own camera wasn't recording, seems bold in the dumbest way possible to assume none of the other handful of cops had their cameras running.
I agree but consider that these cameras are a relatively new technology, maybe some cops like this guy haven't really internalized their significance to their job.

I saw the whole video on another site, the cop was bragging about planting the coke on the suspect. Yet cucks here are doing mental gymnastics to try and convince themselves he was in the right. Pretty disgusting.

To me it looks more like laziness, just leaving out the details on the paperwork because who the hell likes writing reports?

Sounds like absurd incompetence. Every single arrest he is involved in should be vacated, since he apparently is too stupid to file a report.

Back