TUF 26 (A New World Champion): Weekly Updates - Daily Talk

If Sijara makes the finale in Vegas I'm hoping that
she can keep her clothes on do to the fact she would
of had the time in 3 months since TUF finishing up
filming to get her weight in check to a reasonable
amount.

Hope Barb wins it but I see both underdogs getting to the finale. Sijara is way too strong and athletic for Roxanne.

How I see Barb vs Nicco is both are somewhat current
martial artist that don't specialize in one or the other when
it comes to the martial arts.What Roxanne vs Sijara comes
down to is old school era with Roxanne while Sijara is more
of a specialized fighter do to her BJJ background so she is
good in the ground game part of it.

in the beginning of this tournament, i took a look at the records of all the unknown fighters and every single one of the girls that they beat including any amateur fights anyone might have.

then i took a look at the records of all the girls that were beaten by the unknown ones on the show and i kid you not, 99 percent of them fell into the category of losing records, winless records and no longer fighting anymore of course because of all the losses.

i said to myself it's going to be barb honchak vs roxanne modaferri, you can call that with braille

the only girl i was kinda worried about that might be able to win was gillian robertson because she's a jiu jitsu girl, i watched her fight with cynthia calvillo, and also barb honchak easily engages in jiu jitsu 100% instead of trying to stuff takedowns.

john wood of syndicate mma has amazingly been able to transform roxy and i can't believe it. He has shown to be an extreme perfect fit for roxy because she already has had the high level jiu jitsu background for a long time so i know against the fight with sijara that she can focus on point fighting as much as she can in the beginning knowing that sijara is going to tire out due to all the weight cutting. And if the fight goes to the ground, of course i pick roxy to have the better jiu jitsu.

speaking of nicco montano, who is julia avila? whomever she is, julia avila has a win over marion reneau and nicco montano and i know nicco has a lot of strength but barb's jiu jitsu game is a little better than roxy in my opinion. Nicco has ground game? can't be any better than roxy's or barb's in my opinion.

barb took a while against rachel ostovich because rachel is bigger plus she has a wrestling background. To me, if you have a wrestling background with basic jiu jitsu, it's only going to be a matter of time that barb honchak gets you later on in the fight but since it was only a 2 round fight, we don't get to see the cardio of barb honchak as much.

why do i like barb honchak so much? She fought cat zingano before, she trains with cat zingano at times, and to me barb has chin, cardio, and top notch grappling, that's why i like her a lot to go extremely deep in the 125 division. I really like her point fighting skills on the feet which to me is only a ruse to get the fight on the ground later on. Only problem is that she's getting up there in age but i know she can reign as a champion for more than a few title defenses.

john wood of syndicate mma has amazingly been able to transform roxy and i can't believe it. He has shown to be an extreme perfect fit for roxy because she already has had the high level jiu jitsu background for a long time so i know against the fight with sijara that she can focus on point fighting as much as she can in the beginning knowing that sijara is going to tire out due to all the weight cutting. And if the fight goes to the ground, of course i pick roxy to have the better jiu jitsu.

At the same time I think Sijara has the power to be willing to take one to give one on the feet with Roxie and generally wade in and be aggressive trusting her strength to finish it before her cardio loses it. Possibly even on the ground, that's Roxie's strongest single area, but she's not exactly subbing people left and right, only two sub wins in the last decade, so Sijara may have the power to close the skill gap

Last edited:
These semifinal fights are fascinating to me not only in how the winner wins but also in how the loser performs. It seems safe to say all four will get signed so I'm interested in seeing what each fight may hold for how they'll fare in the UFC.

Roxy vs. Sijara. First off it's intriguing to see how Sijara can handle the weight cut. She's been cutting it very close in her previous fights. I'm not even sure she should be cutting that much. Also, we know how much Roxy has improved since moving to Las Vegas. It's incredibly impressive. Presuming Sijara makes weight, now we'll learn how Roxy will fare against someone with strong ko power. Also it was mentioned that Sijara's a black belt in jiu jitsu. We haven't seen much of it yet on the show because she's been knocking people out. I love Roxy's jiu jitsu game too & feel her experience & creativity could shine if it gets to the ground. What I wonder is whether Roxy has enough strength to pull it off and whether her defense can prevent her from getting knocked out. Because Sijara has looked not only very strong, she's also demonstrated a vicious killer instinct as witnessed most recently by that brutal knockout leg kick against Deanna Bennet that left Deanna wondering what happened.

Barb vs. Nicco. Barb has the clear technical experience. She's also handled everything on the show in a smart veteran manner. That's not an easy task (as witnessed by another veteran who had a lot of problems) and in every challenge Barb has passed with flying colors. For example trusting in Eddie and the coaching staff in developing game plans that have worked for her. Thinking on her feet, for example when Rachael showed she was no pushover and could do well standing & banging, Barb quickly started shooting for takedowns where she was eventually successful. With Nicco we have a very coachable hungry fighter. One who is on perfect track to have a strong career. I think Barb has the talent and experience but I'm also hoping Nicco can showcase her skills because I think she has a very bright future and can build a solid career. Also love that she's Navajo, that she seems to have a good sense of humor and that she also carries a strong no nonsense desire to learn and grow and remain humble & true to herself. Really look forward to following her career long term.

At the same time I think Sijara has the power to be willing to take one to give one on the feet with Roxie and generally wade in and be aggressive trusting her strength to finish it before her cardio loses it. Possibly even on the ground, that's Roxie's strongest single area, but she's not exactly subbing people left and right, only two sub wins in the last decade, so Sijara may have the power to close the skill gap

we need to hope that roxy wins and barb wins let me tell you why

as we all well know roxy is so awesome, she's always on the good guys side, she is a political virtuoso, hell she didn't even care to predict conor vs floyd, only reason she did was because she was forced to and i can tell that by her personality she doesn't like to be forced to do things that she doesn't like, LOL

let me tell you that for some reason or another roxy has been very bothered by the last fight she had with barb honchak which resulted in a loss. i don't know what happened in this fight, last time i tried 3 or 4 years ago i could not look up this fight to see what might have happened on youtube. What was the build up to this fight? Never have i gotten a jolt to my brain with regards to roxy all of a sudden turning into the diaz bros as far as her inner self when it comes to barb honchak.

to be honest, i don't think she likes barb honchak, she wants to prove to her dad/parents that she can become champion in the ufc and i really think i can sense the inner personality of her. I haven't read anywhere about roxy, i haven't read anything out of happy warrior the book and maybe i might be wrong but i think somehow that the name barb honchak strikes a very loud chord on the inner personality/brain of roxy.

to me roxy won't care about anything else that happens in the ufc at 125 until she beats barb honchak because roxy is the type of person that of course is a great teacher, she has a lot of patience, she would be a really good coach, and of course she was a teacher of english in japan. I mean look how patient she was with the armenia girl on the show who didn't know any english, let me tell you roxanne modaferri would make any outside family proud, they would want her over the holidays to meet other members of the family, she is a very good example of when it comes to life and young people.

once again when it comes to barb honchak? roxy turns into a TIGER who wants to eat. To me it's like why in the world does roxy fight? i don't know her personally but i think i know her enough to realize she loves ufc a lot, she wants to be a ufc champion to hold the belt, she's an extreme fan of the sport instead of a lot of other people in the pros who are only there because they are only good at their sport without actually being a fan of their sport, etc.

we need to hope that roxy wins and barb wins let me tell you why

as we all well know roxy is so awesome, she's always on the good guys side, she is a political virtuoso, hell she didn't even care to predict conor vs floyd, only reason she did was because she was forced to and i can tell that by her personality she doesn't like to be forced to do things that she doesn't like, LOL

let me tell you that for some reason or another roxy has been very bothered by the last fight she had with barb honchak which resulted in a loss. i don't know what happened in this fight, last time i tried 3 or 4 years ago i could not look up this fight to see what might have happened on youtube. What was the build up to this fight? Never have i gotten a jolt to my brain with regards to roxy all of a sudden turning into the diaz bros as far as her inner self when it comes to barb honchak.

to be honest, i don't think she likes barb honchak, she wants to prove to her dad/parents that she can become champion in the ufc and i really think i can sense the inner personality of her. I haven't read anywhere about roxy, i haven't read anything out of happy warrior the book and maybe i might be wrong but i think somehow that the name barb honchak strikes a very loud chord on the inner personality/brain of roxy.

to me roxy won't care about anything else that happens in the ufc at 125 until she beats barb honchak because roxy is the type of person that of course is a great teacher, she has a lot of patience, she would be a really good coach, and of course she was a teacher of english in japan. I mean look how patient she was with the armenia girl on the show who didn't know any english, let me tell you roxanne modaferri would make any outside family proud, they would want her over the holidays to meet other members of the family, she is a very good example of when it comes to life and young people.

once again when it comes to barb honchak? roxy turns into a TIGER who wants to eat. To me it's like why in the world does roxy fight? i don't know her personally but i think i know her enough to realize she loves ufc a lot, she wants to be a ufc champion to hold the belt, she's an extreme fan of the sport instead of a lot of other people in the pros who are only there because they are only good at their sport without actually being a fan of their sport, etc.

Sorry, I like Roxie but in the end I want Barb to win cause I think she legitimizes this belt the most. Roxie lost to J. Maia already fairly recently. But Barb walked away champ and reclaiming it in this continues that in a way, like I was happy Carla "kept" her belt even if she then lost it right away. (And similarly I wouldn't mind if someone then takes it, maybe even Maia if she comes over but it feels like the lineage is preserved in some way)

These semifinal fights are fascinating to me not only in how the winner wins but also in how the loser performs. It seems safe to say all four will get signed so I'm interested in seeing what each fight may hold for how they'll fare in the UFC.

Roxy vs. Sijara. First off it's intriguing to see how Sijara can handle the weight cut. She's been cutting it very close in her previous fights. I'm not even sure she should be cutting that much. Also, we know how much Roxy has improved since moving to Las Vegas. It's incredibly impressive. Presuming Sijara makes weight, now we'll learn how Roxy will fare against someone with strong ko power. Also it was mentioned that Sijara's a black belt in jiu jitsu. We haven't seen much of it yet on the show because she's been knocking people out. I love Roxy's jiu jitsu game too & feel her experience & creativity could shine if it gets to the ground. What I wonder is whether Roxy has enough strength to pull it off and whether her defense can prevent her from getting knocked out. Because Sijara has looked not only very strong, she's also demonstrated a vicious killer instinct as witnessed most recently by that brutal knockout leg kick against Deanna Bennet that left Deanna wondering what happened.

Barb vs. Nicco. Barb has the clear technical experience. She's also handled everything on the show in a smart veteran manner. That's not an easy task (as witnessed by another veteran who had a lot of problems) and in every challenge Barb has passed with flying colors. For example trusting in Eddie and the coaching staff in developing game plans that have worked for her. Thinking on her feet, for example when Rachael showed she was no pushover and could do well standing & banging, Barb quickly started shooting for takedowns where she was eventually successful. With Nicco we have a very coachable hungry fighter. One who is on perfect track to have a strong career. I think Barb has the talent and experience but I'm also hoping Nicco can showcase her skills because I think she has a very bright future and can build a solid career. Also love that she's Navajo, that she seems to have a good sense of humor and that she also carries a strong no nonsense desire to learn and grow and remain humble & true to herself. Really look forward to following her career long term.

Actually Sarge won her first fight by kimura, the ko was just so impressive we forgot (I did too until I looked up her wiki to see how often she won by sub)

Last edited:
I just realized, if Roxy wins and then fights Joanna in her first defense, it will be the nicest vs meanest fighter ever. LOL

I'm cheering for Roxy, I really like when the good guys (and girls) win. And apparently Roxy is probably the nicest, kindest person/fighter ever.

Really? That's the best Eddie could do for a prank???? C'mon now....

Awesome comeback prank by Justin, he's better at everything.

Last edited:
Be on the look out for Katlyn Chookagian who was there helping Eddie coach

Back