Lip syncing at live concerts

You can't give these idiots a pass because they are running around doing their dance routines. These theatrics only exist to cover up the fact that they can't sing.

If I go to a live concert I want live music. I actually don't mind if a singer misses a note here or there or the guitar player messes up. At least it's live and part of the show. I'm not going to go pay money to listen to a studio track from computer.

Lmao Nirvana pulled some shit like this once when they weren't allowed to play live. Gotta respect those ethics.

Are you sure that was about lip syncing? Because it doesn't make sense. If they were forcing him to lip sync then why do we get to hear his funny voice instead of the recorded one?

I don't know the whole story, I'm just asking.

alright dude chill lol, your opinion doesn' make something fact.

I don't really like Kiss, but they'e a respectable band, even though they'e a bit over the top with the fireworks and stage presence. It worked for them.

They aren't a bad band. good vocals, good bass, good guitar.

Have some class.

Nope. They suck.

Kelly Clarkson recently said that when she is fat is when she is at her happiest.

phs75aynok2qbwe.jpg

alright dude chill lol, your opinion doesn' make something fact.

I don't really like Kiss, but they'e a respectable band, even though they'e a bit over the top with the fireworks and stage presence. It worked for them.

They aren't a bad band. good vocals, good bass, good guitar.

Have some class.

I think there's a difference between a good band and good musicians. You can be both but don't need one to be the other.

Are you sure that was about lip syncing? Because it doesn't make sense. If they were forcing him to lip sync then why do we get to hear his funny voice instead of the recorded one?

I don't know the whole story, I'm just asking.
They wouldn't let them play their instruments live, not exactly lip syncing, but syncing none the less.

I remember watching a doc thingy on Beyoncé. Her father apparently made her sing while running on the treadmill, so that she was used to being active while still being able to sing properly.

I think there's a difference between a good band and good musicians. You can be both but don't need one to be the other.
What makes a good band other than your opinion?

Longevity, succss, Hits.

Kiss has sold 75 million records, they'e still performing huge stadiums and have been together 40 years.

I do not like Kiss. But they're a respectable band despite the gimmick.

What makes a good band other than your opinion?

Longevity, succss, Hits.

Kiss has sold 75 million records, they'e still performing huge stadiums and have been together 40 years.

I do not like Kiss. But they're a respectable band despite the gimmick.

I would say they're respectable because of the gimmick not despite. Being great showmen or performers can make a good band as much as being great musicians. I would even say this can be objective and not just opinion, there's musicians I respect as performers while not liking their music.

I would say they're respectable because of the gimmick not despite. Being great showmen or performers can make a good band as much as being great musicians. I would even say this can be objective and not just opinion, there's musicians I respect as performers while not liking their music.
Their on stage gimmick doesn't translate to records. They sold millions of records.

I don' really have anything else to say about it. They're a super succssful band, they wrote their own music, and they'e good performers. I don't really see what were discussing here. If they're a good band? I feel like I gave plenty of reasons why they are. Mr Reacharound just responded with "they suck", you don't seem to think too highly of them either.

And neither do I. So we all agree we don't like their music all thay much ( I couldn't name an album or more than a couple songs).

I'm just saying they are where they'e at for a reason. Lots of people like Kiss. They'e my cousins favorite band and he's a damn good musician. To each their own.

I don't like Rush, like at all. Not gonna say they aren't a good band. I don't like it when people talk like their opinion is fact

Their on stage gimmick doesn't translate to records. They sold millions of records.

I don' really have anything else to say about it. They're a super succssful band, they wrote their own music, and they'e good performers. I don't really see what were discussing here. If they're a good band? I feel like I gave plenty of reasons why they are. Mr Reacharound just responded with "they suck", you don't seem to think too highly of them either.

And neither do I. So we all agree we don't like their music all thay much ( I couldn't name an album or more than a couple songs).

I'm just saying they are where they'e at for a reason. Lots of people like Kiss. They'e my cousins favorite band and he's a damn good musician. To each their own.

I don't like Rush, like at all. Not gonna say they aren't a good band. I don't like it when people talk like their opinion is fact

I'm not trying to shit on KISS, I love KISS. I do think their gimmick did translate to their record sales to an extent but I'm not trying to denigrate them as musicians (except maybe Peter Criss). I'm talking more generally that bands don't need to be musically great to be a great band. Hell music can be incredibly popular and fun to listen to while being 'musically bad'.

I'm not trying to shit on KISS, I love KISS. I do think their gimmick did translate to their record sales to an extent but I'm not trying to denigrate them as musicians (except maybe Peter Criss). I'm talking more generally that bands don't need to be musically great to be a great band. Hell music can be incredibly popular and fun to listen to while being 'musically bad'.
There's usually something a band is doing right if they make it, tbh.

a great songwritter, great singer, great musicians all around.. Sure there's the rare exceptions.. Mainly in pop music.

The problem is the consumer. If you want a heart-felt, soul-ful, talented performance by genuine artists... Pop music is not for you.

if you're a singer you sing, if you're a lip syncer you lip sync, it's also an insult to professional lip syncers when singers think they can lip sync, imagine how outraged randy couture was

randy-couture-lip-sync-battle.jpg

How did Whitney Houston's Super Bowl 25 national anthem achieve legendary status even though she lip-synced it? Seems like the practice is very frowned upon.

Natty singers like Clarkson will get a standing O from me everytime. Singers who lip sync ALWAYS go down a few pegs in my book.

Some of these people alter their voices so much in the recordings that it is almost impossible to pull off live. I hate it.

You get paid to sing, so fucking sing. People buy your shit and get all hyped to see you, then you suck a dead fish's ass live.

Some people are absolutely fine being oblivious to this as well. I personally find it almost criminal to fake people into buying your shit and you sucking at what you do live.

That's why say what you will about American Idol but it found some legit talent. Because when you had people there singing live in front of judges, they weren't getting pumped up by machines and background vocalists and what have you. They just had to legitimately be able to sing- and that's what you see in people like Clarkson and Underwood, etc.

Back