Anyone think Brock lesnar "can" become the champ if he develop his striking?

Brock could be HW champ for sure, I don't doubt it. He can take Stipe down 100%, all anyone ever does with Stipe is box, Stipes fights are basically boxing matches with a few 1 or 2 leg kicks thrown in, no one ever shoots on him.

Plus Brock beat Hunt in the striking, the entire 2nd round was standup and Brock out landed Hunt. Round 1 and 3 he just took him down and beat him up.

But he is getting older now and probably better off doing WWE

I am disappoint. I was really hoping this was a bump up a 2008 thread and I could go down memory lane

He fought for years and his striking remained rudimentary.
If you can't learn basic striking in years you are not a freak athlete, in my opinion.

He’s too old now if he had started mma at a younger age he could have been a monster

I know people are going tonsay steroids and yes of courses he juices but its good genetics and hard work on top of that too. Not many people even juiced to high hell are going to look amd perform like Lesnar no matter what they take or how hard they train.

I don't know man. Roiding from an early age is gonna have huge effect on a persons body in terms of muscle volume and bone density. There's really not much of any "natural gifts" left when you start taking shit in your HS wrestling team.

The story about training hard is also a myth. It's a lot easier to train hard when your body is pumped up with energy, you don't feel tired and small training injuries magicly heal over night.

Comparing the difficulty of staying motivated between a normal human being and a guy on gear is ridiculous. Everybody that's taken something and is honest enough can tell you that. Otherwise they wouldn't be using.

I would be surprised if he lasted three minutes with Stipe. Terrible matchup for him all around

Lesnar really is very similar to Mark Kerr(minus the addiction breakdown), he did arguably have some natural striking ability but lacked the fighter mentality to take the lumps. Mark Coleman was the opposite, he lacked any natural striking ability but was tough as hell,

Don't think he'd do well at HW today, Mir was a good style matchup for him but the top guys now have takedown defence and striking ability. You couldn't count him entirely out of course, someone that big and agile does always have the potential to make something happen.

No.

1- He's 40.
2- USADA
3- He would still lose to the likes of Werdum, Stipe, Werdum, Cain, Ngannou...etc

Brock is probably the most athletic freak in mma history(hw).i mean just look at this

He look like a superhuman in that video .if he develop some striking,he could become the champ again.
He already shown how fast and hard his punch is
brocklesnarvsheathherring.gif

Lesnar made his MMA debut at age 30 then became UFC champ in his 4th fight.
The fact he managed to develop enough striking to not get KO'd every fight in his short lived career is phenomenal. Truly a monster amongst men.

I don't know man. Roiding from an early age is gonna have huge effect on a persons body in terms of muscle volume and bone density. There's really not much of any "natural gifts" left when you start taking shit in your HS wrestling team.

The story about training hard is also a myth. It's a lot easier to train hard when your body is pumped up with energy, you don't feel tired and small training injuries magicly heal over night.

Comparing the difficulty of staying motivated between a normal human being and a guy on gear is ridiculous. Everybody that's taken something and is honest enough can tell you that. Otherwise they wouldn't be using.

Dude, I'm a powerlifter and know people on steroids. I also know one dumbshit that tried taking them without working out and just got really fat.

Yes, they heal faster, yes they grow faster, but its NOT a myth that they still work hard, especially someone with Brocks physical attributes. I'd compare him to The Rock, who is another guy who clearly is on something, but at the same time he works out like six hours a day. You still have to be mentally strong to look and perform like that, and have the right genetics for it. I know guys juiced who lift twice a day and dont look close to Brock. Its why Barnett was juiced his entire career and still looked in terrible shape.

Also, how do you know he was juicing in high school? Or in college for that matter? Definitely in the WWE and competing in MMA, i agree with that.

Dude, I'm a powerlifter and know people on steroids. I also know one dumbshit that tried taking them without working out and just got really fat.

Yes, they heal faster, yes they grow faster, but its NOT a myth that they still work hard, especially someone with Brocks physical attributes. I'd compare him to The Rock, who is another guy who clearly is on something, but at the same time he works out like six hours a day. You still have to be mentally strong to look and perform like that, and have the right genetics for it. I know guys juiced who lift twice a day and dont look close to Brock. Its why Barnett was juiced his entire career and still looked in terrible shape.

Also, how do you know he was juicing in high school? Or in college for that matter? Definitely in the WWE and competing in MMA, i agree with that.

When you heal faster and you grow faster it is a lot easier to train, this we can all agree on from a physical perspective. What I mean is this though: when your brain reacts to the chemicals in your body you simply feel different. Being mentally strong means something completely different when it becomes easier to be mentally strong. People on gear talking about "their own" mental toughness are just patting themselves on the back in my eyes as they obviously couldn't do it without external help but claim they are somehow tough at the same time.

True, I don't know when Brock started juicing. Judging from his early amateur wrestling videos he was just a tall and scrawny kid, nothing special. Then something changed and the end result doesn't really look like his genetics had anything to do with it. Of course I don't have proof nor do I care to have, I have nothing against anybody juicing in their free time as long as everybody is allowed to do the same.

Last edited:
Brock didn't do that well last night, his striking looked poor and AJ took him apart with leg kicks.

Brock's mma career is over.

I know people are going tonsay steroids and yes of courses he juices but its good genetics and hard work on top of that too. Not many people even juiced to high hell are going to look amd perform like Lesnar no matter what they take or how hard they train. Though hes obviously not going to be able to get through USADA right now.

BUT no I dont see him being champ again. Whether je got in too late or whether he just cant react well to getting tagged, idk. Someone like Stipe, Cain, or Werdum would maul and tko him very quickly.
No shit.

Even a guy with all the talent in the word like Vitor could get on TRT and not even get close to the athletic attributes that Brock had. Would still be 70 lbs lighter. Etc.

Even with decades of mixed martial arts competition experience on top of it, Brock would beat TRTor.

EVERYONE is on steroids. Not all of them look like Brock. Most don't even have the frame size and that's just the starting point. Then there's how well your receptors respond to androgens, muscle fibre type (gonna suck if you're all slow twitch), organs -- can your body have cardio at that size??, etc.

Kind of a shame MMA and the UFC was so bad when Brock was out of college. No money to be made in the sport, nobody really looking at it for a pro career. Brock went to WWE to make money, mostly because there was no other outlet for him. No competition, his wrestling career in college was now over. But my GOD Brock out of college at age 22 right into training with a TOP camp and invested into fighting for his career. GOAT at HW maybe. He would have terrorized that weight class for years.. Look what he did at age 30 training for 2 years...
You're making a lot of assumptions -- like that Brock would have been able to learn fluid striking. Maybe. Probably. But maybe not.

If not, Fedor of that era would have Cain V'd him. Tim Sylvia might have KOd him on the way into his 6'8" height

You're making a lot of assumptions -- like that Brock would have been able to learn fluid striking. Maybe. Probably. But maybe not.

If not, Fedor of that era would have Cain V'd him. Tim Sylvia might have KOd him on the way into his 6'8" height

Such an elite athlete all he needed was time. Brock of 2009 probably squishes Fedor like Bigfoot did..

Such an elite athlete all he needed was time.
Matt Hughes was a great athlete, never learned to punch his way out of a paper bag. Brock could have easily never gotten better striking than Matt Hughes. Fedor then KOs him. Tim Sylvia maybe KOs him or outpoints him.

Matt Hughes was a great athlete, never learned to punch his way out of a paper bag. Brock could have easily never gotten better striking than Matt Hughes. Fedor then KOs him. Tim Sylvia maybe KOs him or outpoints him.

Hughes was not 1/10th the athlete of Brock. Hughes was strong but never fast or nearly as explosive as fighters like GSP or even Kos.. Hughes was actually really slow..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back