Prime vs Prime - Conor McGregor vs BJ Penn at LW

Don't know who to pick, but I have to say that there is a huge disparity in opponents.

The BJ that people seem to deify beat the likes of Sanchez, Roid Shark, Kenflo, and Joe Stevenson. Conor beat the likes of Aldo, Alvarez, Mendes, Poirier, and Nate Diaz.
You are ignoring the fact that BJ also beat Prime Gomi and Prime Hughes. And Sherk is a better win than all the guys you mentioned, except Aldo (don't fall into the trap of underrating Sherk, like every other casual). I'd put Kenflo and Sanchez ahead of everyone except Aldo and on the same level as Mendes. Moving up to beat a prime Hughes is a better win than any of Conor's wins.

You are ignoring the fact that BJ also beat Prime Gomi and Prime Hughes. And Sherk is a better win than all the guys you mentioned, except Aldo (don't fall into the trap of underrating Sherk, like every other casual). I'd put Kenflo and Sanchez ahead of everyone except Aldo and on the same level as Mendes. Moving up to beat a prime Hughes is a better win than any of Conor's wins.
He said roid shark.

Motivated 07, 09 prime BJ
qDpII2s.gif
BJ-Penn-Vicious-Leg-Kick-Cuts-Diego-Sanchez.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

tumblr_mqtoj7E96P1qfrkf9o2_250.gif

Current McGregor -
5f4017ccd1551383551c343666c263ce.gif

bTBuWWC.gif

giphy.gif

conor-disrupts-jab-bypasses-left-hook.gif

conor-drops-alvarez1.gif

Who takes this fantasy matchup?

bj had good hands...good speed...decent power....but boxing alone has been proven time and time again, it's not enough against guys that also have good hands, combined with good kicks.. conor would pick bj apart...I'm not sure he'd stop him...but possibly...back in the day, bj could take a great punch...but conor is just too much for him

I already know most will pick bj on this site....you ask if conor can beat fill in the blank..doesn't matter the fighter, and they will pick the other guy over conor...simply cause they don't like conor...they are basing their decision 100% on bias and hatred....but there is just no way on earth bj penn would ever beat conor...

bj came up in a time when the talent pool was shallow as a puddle, plus pre-usada.

conor by decimation.

BJ takes it...

Conor won't KO him and BJ will eventually win due to superior grappling.

I guess MMA hasn't evolved much after all, since the champ from 6 years ago most likely beats the champ from today.

Or maybe Conor just isn't that great a fighter and is only LW champion because he was given an undeserved title shot and has been protected from unfavorable matchups. Also he hasn't ever defended yet.

The true champ Tony Ferguson beats prime BJ easily. So does Khabib.
Khabib and Tony are LW GOATs only one will get to prove it though since one will eliminate the weaker one. But yea they beat every former and current champ badly.

BJ all day. Rocks him on the feet and finishes him w/RNC. Similar to what Diaz did. Except BJ takes his back right away and skips the GNP

I don't know about beating Conor on the feet, but on the ground? Definitely.

BJ by whatever he wants. Mctap can’t do anything to him.

I would say Conor. LW wasn't very deep when BJ was on top of it. There weren't that many little guys in MMA back then.

I sincerely doubt BJ would survive a round.

BJ by whatever he wants. Mctap can’t do anything to him.
Is this still a thing? LOL

I've enjoyed everyone's thoughts on this so far, people have interesting facts and opinions to put across yet yours is a load of shit. BJ quit on the stool and I don't think any lesser of him for it. Calling someone McTapper seems moronic.

Is this still a thing? LOL

I've enjoyed everyone's thoughts on this so far, people have interesting facts and opinions to put across yet yours is a load of shit. BJ quit on the stool and I don't think any lesser of him for it. Calling someone McTapper seems moronic.
Stop embarrassing yourself. BJ is literally a million times tougher than mctap. Mentally and physically. Mctap throws an extremely low volume of punches that could not under any circumstances hurt BJ. BJ would eat those left hands for breakfast and sub or tko him without any resistance. Stop playing pretend. Nate is one of the most mediocre bum gatekeepers the UFC has ever seen and he abused your boy. BJ would destroy him in his prime.

Back