What's your favorite song right now?

Its halloween time and I love me some dank darkwave.

:eek: Walk on Water by Eddie Money. I heard it in the grocery store over the weekend and it's been stuck in my head ever since.

As far as 80's revivalism I think the female David Byrne might finally strike it big this year...

This week it's a familiar tune: "Same Drugs" by Chance the Rapper. The reason is that I just watched the "official" video for the song on YouTube, and it is an entirely different duet version (with Eryn Allen Kane) than the original which is on the album. I like music, not music videos, so much, so I had no idea this version existed. In fact, it features numerous artists not appearing on the solo original, including an incredible, spiritual, neo-soul choral menagerie of sound at the end imparting a pathos to the send-off of the song featuring John Legend, Yebba, Francis Starlite and Macie Stewart.

Oh yeah, Eryn has some chops. If you haven't heard her before:

Okat, this week it's the full version of the H3H3 podcast's theme song. Fuck, this is great:

Favorite because its true

Well it took a lot of work to be the ass that I am
And I'm pretty damn sure that anyone can
Easily, equally fuck ya over

Pieces by L'arc en ciel. Very nice and peaceful. Nice orchestra too.

Got a message from an ex. She seems to be doing fine.

FML

Been a minute since a VG track melted my face off. Shiiiiet.

Been listening to a lot of UK post-punk stuff of late. Not for everyone for sure, but a few standouts for me:

Last edited:
Back