Bass fishing stuff

go hunting instead
latest

Fishing is awesome. Dont go as much as i should
Hunting is good too. Getting my licence so i can finally go

Don't get to bass fish as much as I used to....I do love it though.

Here...bass fish all the time in SD. Used to fish castaic for years before moving here tho

A kid I grew up with, his dad was a pro bass fisherman. I was at his house one day and we went in his basement, there were lots of big aquariums with bass in them. He got them fat then went out at night to put them in traps in the rivers, in places no one would try and fish for bass

They won lots of boats and trucks and cash, he was finally caught though

A kid I grew up with, his dad was a pro bass fisherman. I was at his house one day and we went in his basement, there were lots of big aquariums with bass in them. He got them fat then went out at night to put them in traps in the rivers, in places no one would try and fish for bass

They won lots of boats and trucks and cash, he was finally caught though

lol, the Lance Armstrong of Bass Fishermen, funny how that shit permeates all sports.

Bass fishing kind of sucks in NorCal. The bass fisherman around here scoff when you say that, and then you ask, "You ever fished in the South? Florida? Texas? Tennessee?" They shrug their shoulders, no.

"As I was saying..."

Bass fishing kind of sucks in NorCal. The bass fisherman around here scoff when you say that, and then you ask, "You ever fished in the South? Florida? Texas? Tennessee?" They shrug their shoulders, no.

"As I was saying..."
What? Out of the top 25 largest bass know, I think 16 are from CA. CA has been known since the '80s to have some of the biggest bass in the world. It's pretty much a given if the world record is broken, it'll come from CA, though not necessarily northern CA. If I recall, there's been at least one fish caught from Castaic that would have surpassed Perry's record but was released.

Last edited:
What? Out of the top 25 largest bass know, I think 16 are from CA. CA has been known since the '80s to have some of the biggest bass in the world. It's pretty much a given if the world record is broken, it'll come from CA, though not necessarily northern CA. If I recall, there's been at least one fish caught from Castaic that would have surpassed Perry's record but was released.
Castaic in Los Angeles County? Exactly how do you draw your map?

They've seeded ponds and lakes, and those are the ones that tend to show up on the Bassmaster list:
http://blog.sfgate.com/stienstra/20...s-lakes-rated-among-americas-top-100-12-pics/

I've fished Shasta, Oroville, and Clear Lake. Trust me, they suck compared to the South for a casual fisherman like me (also, Largemouth are my favorite prey). I don't like to work hard. I don't like smart fish. I don't like having to try 12 different spots to find a nibble. That's California bass fishing. I've seen some big Smallmouth caught in some of the pro and amateur tournaments, but I've never been able to find them.

Suppose it depends on your definition of best. Southern states will certainly provide more numbers. But a lot of guys travel a long ways to have a chance at a CA giant.

Dottie. A 25 plus pound female.

Bass fishing is inferior to steelhead, and even trout fishing. If you have to be on a lake we have lakes here with massive rainbows that fight 1000 times harder than any bass, and they go 10+lbs regularly.

If you're used to bass fishing, hooking into even a 5lb steelhead will make you shit your pants. A 15lb winter steelhead will change your religion.

Bass fishing is inferior to steelhead, and even trout fishing. If you have to be on a lake we have lakes here with massive rainbows that fight 1000 times harder than any bass, and they go 10+lbs regularly.

If you're used to bass fishing, hooking into even a 5lb steelhead will make you shit your pants. A 15lb winter steelhead will change your religion.
I can confirm that a 3-lb steelhead fights harder than a 15-lb bass.

Back