Athletes who hung on too long...

MMA: Chuck Liddell
Boxing: Muhammad Ali
NBA: Patrick Ewing, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O'Neal, Kevin Garnett, Moses Malone
NFL: Johnny Unitas, Eric Dickerson, Emmitt Smith
MLB: Manny Ramirez, Ken Griffey Jr
NHL: Jeremy Roenick, Martin Brodeur, Mario Lemieux, Peter Forsberg
Difference between Mario and everyone else on that list is he was still averaging 1 ppg before the injuries, everyone else was well passed washed by the time they quit

MMA: Chuck Liddell
Boxing: Muhammad Ali
NBA: Patrick Ewing, Hakeem Olajuwon, Shaquille O'Neal, Kevin Garnett, Moses Malone
NFL: Johnny Unitas, Eric Dickerson, Emmitt Smith
MLB: Manny Ramirez, Ken Griffey Jr
NHL: Jeremy Roenick, Martin Brodeur, Mario Lemieux, Peter Forsberg

lol, poor Brodeur. Those alimony payments are a bitch.

Jeff Alm.

Nobody is going to get this

Jeff Alm.

Nobody is going to get this

I remember him. He was on the Notre Dame Catholics vs Convicts teams.

I jsut read the Wikipedia. I totally fogot that he was the original Justin Strzelczyk. For extra creep factor Justin Strzelczyk and Alm were born in the same year.

Difference between Mario and everyone else on that list is he was still averaging 1 ppg before the injuries, everyone else was well passed washed by the time they quit

Sometimes it is worth it. Garnett was basically brought back to help guide a team with no veterans. It sounds dumb but during practice if someone brought out their phone, Garnett would throw it in the toilet. Anyone else, and the youngsters would blow him off. Garnett was how people should play and train. He was always in excellent shape and played hard. Maybe, he should have had more off nights to recover to extend his career. But that said, it was good for the team and the fans enjoyed his return even though he was not physically what he was.

The only thing I think you could criticize him for was being surly on the court and never developing a post game under post expert McHale. For as coordinated as he was, you would have thought it would have been easy but I guess not.

vRoTXCr.jpg

shane mosley,and eric morales spring to mind.

Many many boxers - Ali, Sugar Ray Robinson, Joe Louis, Floyd Patterson, Max Baer, Mike Tyson.

Back