UFN 122 - Silva vs Gastelum - China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still need to watch tape on all these bum Asians, but im surprised by lack of talk about Sherman vs Shamil. The over and Shamil dec seem like the most #elite bets on the card. Only worry is Sherman miraculously developing great tdd at Jackson's, but dude has wayyy too many defensive flaws to pull this out. Wouldn't be surprised if he lost the striking even if he somehow does defend tds

Fully agree, I'd add that Shamil gets most of his TDs off caught kicks. Sherman will either be limited in his offence, or be on his back.

I'm on all those props, would be heavier on the over if not for limits.
Sherman/Shamil O1.5 -160 2u
Sherman/Shamil GTD -110 .5u
Shamil DEC +245 1u

i'll take your action if you don't like it, sadistics!

Kenan Song is coming to the ufc on a 2 fight losing streak....

Wtf is going on here

They want to give Bobby a win
Respect to them for that. Always entertaining watching Americans crush foreigners. But was this guy not even a late munite replacement? Poor China. All those people and the ufc has to hire a guy on a 2 fight losing streak cause they all suck so much

What i've gathered so far from tape watch on noob Chinese

Caceres/Wang -- Clear pass

Muslim/Garcia -- Clear pass but this is why I shouldn't comment without tapewatch. Idk how Muslim talk broke down to him spamming spin kicks lol but hes very smart and conventional in how he uses them. But hes pretty upright, doesn't seem athletic outside of spin speed, -200 and never fought anyone who can wrestle. Pass.

Song/Nash -- I mean, Song isn't bad for a guy on a 2 fight skid? And Nash flakes? But yeah wtf is this shit. Nash should win, obviously.

Yan/Curran -- Goddammit why tf does this have to be Kailin Curran. +120 actually seems like a good bet. Yan looks terrible besides her karate kicks. But fuck its Curran.

Also, regarding non Chinamen, Sheymon is HEAVY value. Zabit -500 lolllll fucking morons. I cap Zabit -200. If he can't get tds this is gonna be very interesting cause Santiago was able to pressure him and if Sheymon can pressure him he has the tools and calmness in the cage to win on the feet

EDIT of course this Yadong Song fight has near even odds and yet no recent tape at all on Song. SMFH

Last edited:
EDIT of course this Yadong Song fight has near even odds and yet no recent tape at all on Song. SMFH

i'm interested in this, i've heard his opponent is really bad but haven't looked into it myself.

i'm interested in this, i've heard his opponent is really bad but haven't looked into it myself.
I always get confused if people actually have footage that isn't on the internet or just capping off of fights from years ago. But neither of Song's 2 most recent fights are anywhere and I don't bet fights with no recent footage

i think yadong might be taking this on short notice - can anyone confirm?

He is, yeah. But I still feel good about it. I'll take a short notice fighter who competes well with Russians against a random SFL fighter

I agree with the concerns about no recent footage. But he looks more fundamentally solid in 3 year old fights than his opponent

I honestly don't think Zabit should have any problem with Moraes. Just hard to put money on -500 lol

I disagree with the mild hype about Sherman. He nearly broke Coulter's leg in the first round and still almost lost. He decisioned a journeyman last fight and all of the sudden he's a potential top tier HW? I'm actually glad he's on a 2-fight win street so I can fade him. Shamil is too solid and not that easy to put away

Anyone know if there's an early weigh-in?

UFC FN 122 weigh-in is at 3am PST on Friday. UFC FN 122 starts at 00:45/12:45am PST on Saturday.

If there is no early weigh-in, fighters have less time than usual to recover from weighing in.

Edit: Actually, even with an early weigh-in, fighters have less time than usual to recover.

I kind of like a small play on Sheymon Moraes. I think he's also an A+-tier athlete, and could definitely draw Zabit into a crazy brawl. The dude's only lost to a top 5 BW in the form of Marlon Moraes. I don't think Zabit should be such a gigantic favorite here.
grabaka hitman is high on him

I tweeted John Morgan... he said it's a big cage for Sat.

No recent tape at all for Wu

Zero tape anywhere for Buren

Fuck this card

not that im disagreeing w your premise, but when was the last time someone properly timed a spinning attack to clinch/grapple? i feel like its been a pretty long time since ive seen that
Rockhold vs Weidman but yeah it doesn't happen often.

Where can I watch tape of ya dong? I'd really like to take a look at long, close, hard look at and really study ya dong.

For anyone who can translate?

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...-ufc-yaozong-hu-wuliji-buren-and-yanan-wu-mma

Who is Yaozong Hu?

23-year-old Chinese big man “Bad Boy” Yaozong Hu will step in on less than a weeks notice for James Mulheron who is the latest victim of USADA. The good news is Hu has finished all of his professional fights. The bad news is he has only had three fights. The worse news is his opponents combined record is 1-7 and that win came via disqualification. Hu’s home gym is ET MMA is Shanghai, but he has spent the last few months training at the Jackson/Wink Academy to prepare for this massive step up in competition.

What should you expect?

Hu is a southpaw striker who is incredibly light on his feet and agile. He stays pretty technical for the most part, but fights with his heart on his sleeve and can be bated into a brawl. We’ve only had a brief glimpse of his ground game and he appeared competent against the competition he was given. His cardio and athleticism are better than average, a rare attribute for a big man. Overall he looks like a solid prospect that might be ready for the UFC in two or three years. The UFC’s desire to succeed in the Asian countries is causing these young fighters to be brought up too quickly and could ultimately slow the growth throughout the Asian markets.

What this means for his debut?

Yaozong Hu will face Cyril Akser on four days notice. Asker has dropped two of his three UFC bouts and will be eager to right the ship. Asker is the bottom of the food chain in the heavyweight division, but the worst UFC fighter is still far superior to anyone Hu has come across. Asker will get this to the ground and look for an early choke. It will be trail by fire for Hu and he will come out a better fighter. Asker RNC 1st

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/11...-ufc-yaozong-hu-wuliji-buren-and-yanan-wu-mma

Who is Wuliji Buren?

27-year-old Chinese prospect Wuliji Buren will make his octagon debut riding a three fight win streak. Included in that streak is a WWE-esque powerbomb knockout of opponent Beno Adamia that garnered the attention of the MMA media world wide. The highlight reel slam must have been the catalyst for Buren’s signing, his record is littered with mediocre opponents (a few of which he’s lost to) and he has yet to pick up a victory over a big name or capture a promotional title.

What should you expect?

Buren appears to have a technical understanding of the sport, but his skillset is limited to the basics. His striking combos are one, twos or single haymakers. On the mat he is competent but lacks the creativity to be a dangerous submission threat. Not to say there is nothing to work with here, his athleticism is apparent in all of his fights and his best weapon may be his ability to out work his opponents all three rounds. He has a good base, just needs a bit of fine tuning before stepping in with the elite.

What this means for his debut?

Wuliji Buren has been matched up with Filipino Rolando Dy who will be looking to for his first win following an 0-2 start in the octagon. Buren has a tendency to leave his hands dangerously low, which could lead to a short fight against a fighter with Dy’s boxing capabilities. A grinding ground attack would be Buren’s best game plan, but Dy’s striking is too tight and he will land early. Dy TKO 1st

Who is Yanan Wu?

21-year-old Yanan Wu is one of the brightest young stars in Asia. In the four years that she has been pro, she has collected nine victories, eight via stoppage. Her lone defeat came at the hands of current Invicta bantamweight champion Yana Kunitskaya in September of last year. She has not fought much in the way of talent, but dispatches the lower quality opponents in a manner that suggests she is the real deal.

What should you expect?

Wu is a ball of Chinese raw talent, she is aggressive striker that refuses to take a step backwards and has the power to back up her aggression. Her technique is still developing, but she is a serious threat right now to any lady that decides to trade in the pocket. Kunitskaya exposed her lack of ground skills, when the Russian decided to take her down there was little she could do to prevent it. She could only hold and hope for a stand up. Wu has the aggression and style to pick up performance bonuses if matched up with the right opponent.

What this means for her debut?

Yanan Wu will meet Gina Mazany who is coming off of a very short notice debut loss to Sara Mcmann. Mazany will stand and trade early, but the Xtreme Couture fighter will take it to the mat if she falls behind in the striking. Unless her take down defense has improved dramatically since last year this is going to be a tough debut for Wu. Mazany Unanimous Decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back